• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Wow. I wonder how Ruger managed to do that? A Ruger for $30 more than a Hi-Point.

It probably costs them $25 to make, especially when they are cranking out thousands of them.

When I see one in person for $200, I'll be tempted. I already have one, but can always find room for another one. Best deep-conceal gun I've found.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    it was still available when I posted that. Price was $199. They will have it again. Primary Arms has been selling them for $199 for the last 2 weeks or so. Basically since black friday.

I'm just waiting on RK to get them back in stock. Priced $199 on their website. I don't want to pay extra for shipping and ffl transfer. The 7% tax is cheaper than all that.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I'm just waiting on RK to get them back in stock. Priced $199 on their website. I don't want to pay extra for shipping and ffl transfer. The 7% tax is cheaper than all that.

Have you talked with Bradis? I'm just wondering if they will have them. They're usually pretty good about price matching competitors.

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Yeah, heard there was a striker fired version coming out. Actually I think it was mentioned in one of the early posts in this thread too.

This weekend I called around all over town and no one has the custom except Gander - and they want $399. Yep. $399. So I bought from Kentucky guns and did FFL. Maybe I should have just hopped in the car. Hell, maybe we should plan a group trip/buy lol.

Anyway, I was told by several dealers that the custom and most LCP's are out at all the distributors at this point and more will be tough to get for a bit.

Sure, a striker fired version might have a smoother trigger pull but I wouldn't want one of the first ones out and I definitely wouldn't spend $300-$350 for one when the Custom or gen2 is only $200 or so. It's just not worth the difference to me.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well maybe you can find comfort in knowing that unless you live in the state of KY, you would have wasted your gas since you couldn't have picked up a handgun in another state anyway ;)

Maybe I should have just hopped in the car. Hell, maybe we should plan a group trip/buy lol.

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I was able to pick up a LCP Custom for $220 + $5.95 shipping from Grabagun during black Friday. The custom is much better than the Gen 1 model I was carrying. Seems much smoother and easier to shoot. Not a fan of the red trigger color but it seems to work much better than the old one. I'd say keeping looking for them. They are easy to carry in a pocket holster in almost any front pocket.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    This weekend I called around all over town and no one has the custom except Gander - and they want $399. Yep. $399. So I bought from Kentucky guns and did FFL. Maybe I should have just hopped in the car. Hell, maybe we should plan a group trip/buy lol.

I have one in...we (my FFL)bought it before the black friday sale but it's still less than Gander Mtn

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    well maybe you can find comfort in knowing that unless you live in the state of KY, you would have wasted your gas since you couldn't have picked up a handgun in another state anyway ;)

I didn't know a non-resident couldn't show up and buy a gun? Is that universal or something Kentucky?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I didn't know a non-resident couldn't show up and buy a gun? Is that universal or something Kentucky?

universal, across the entire USofA. You can buy long guns, but handguns have to be transfered in the state of residence. SO you could go to a KY gun show, buy a handgun, but they would then have to ship it to a local shop for transfer.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It probably costs them $25 to make, especially when they are cranking out thousands of them.

When I see one in person for $200, I'll be tempted. I already have one, but can always find room for another one. Best deep-conceal gun I've found.

Depending on the model and sales price, Ruger has paid more than that on Federal Excise Tax. 10% of the sales price in tax..

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Last I checked they didn't ship to their own stores for ffl.

I couldn't find any info on that either until I put one in my cart as an experiment and went to check out. It takes you right to a list of FFLs within your selected miles of radius. At the top of the list are Rural King stores and a green checkmark that denotes no transfer fee at that location.

Top Bottom