• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ruger finally got around to releasing the spec sheets for the guns we've had in the shop for a few days now...

8301.jpg

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/index.html?r=y

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/models.html

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Street price? Do you have the both the 22LR & the 22WMR in stock? Or which models?

Thanks.

Also, I don't suppose you would happen to know how the barrel diameter near the crown compares to the Marlin 795 or Remington 597? (Thinking about whether one of the Tech-Sights setups would likely work.)

Last edited:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Nice, very nice. Love all the "included" items. So what's the price?

Am thinking of my 7+ year old grandson who is into a BB gun now, but if he progresses more like he has, I want to get him a .22, but which one of these will carry over into teen age years, then into adult hood. The length of pull is what concerns me the most.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Very tempting. I'm waiting for two things. Some hands-on reviews that compare the accuracy of this gun to the Savage and CZ bolt guns and Tech Sights. I consider this a complement to the 10/22 rather than a replacement, especially with the number of compatible parts.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    They are selling for $269. We have the compact model of both calibers in stock. The full size .22 went out yesterday. Tech sights don't appear to work on these yet.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Since the receiver is grooved 3/8", wouldn't a rear Tech Sight work with the Williams front FO sight? I want to see if the stock is hollow; can I store extra ammo and a cleaning kit in there, enclosed by the stock module?

That is a great price and if accuracy is there, it will really compete with the marlin and savage alternatives.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That's one ugly rifle with a trigger group stolen from Savage. I hope they are more accurate than stock 10/22's.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I had to take one apart, was hoping they used the 10/22 wedge attach barrel, if so i was replacing it with a TacSol Sbx barrel, sadly no such luck. Neat little gun though for sure

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Got another one in this morning. :yesway:

Because they're RUGER? Isn't that like asking why Mossberg didn't use the Remington 870 barrel pattern when they came out with the Model 500? :dunno:

HA, my fingers were typing faster than my mind. I will not change my post to cover up my stupidity.... I however meant to say.... I wonder why they aren't using the 10/22 barrel system so barrels would be interchangeable and the after market would immediately support it. it seems that that would have been a VERY popular option that would put them a step above the competition.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I believe this gun is tuned for more accuracy than the standard 10/22 in most every respect. That includes the trigger and the barrel.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Very excited about this gun. I have been interested in a bolt action here of late, and this fits what I want perfectly. I really hope this proves to be as reliable (and as widespread) as the 10/22!!

Top Bottom