• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It's about time somebody addressed the scope vs iron sight thing.

Nobody (OK almost nobody) puts puts iron sights on their centerfire rifles anymore, but the stocks have never been redesigned to account for the fact that everybody (OK almost everybody) mounts a scope.

The ones that do are usually right handed only.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It's about time somebody addressed the scope vs iron sight thing.

Nobody (OK almost nobody) puts puts iron sights on their centerfire rifles anymore, but the stocks have never been redesigned to account for the fact that everybody (OK almost everybody) mounts a scope.

And having the cheekpiece held in place by the sling swivel stud was another stroke of genius. Attachment is very solid, but also easy to change.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I believe this gun is tuned for more accuracy than the standard 10/22 in most every respect. That includes the trigger and the barrel.

:yesway:.........be'n a 'bolt' gun tells me that.......10/22's ain't bad........over-hyped an' over-priced.......kind'a like Kimbers....:):

IMO.......ANY bolt gun's gonna be heads an' tails waaayyy more accurate than a semi.......along with the barrel length

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Really? Try this:

View attachment 21108

Remington Model 511 Scoremaster.
    Made in 1948.

;).......Nice 1 there,too dude.......hahaha......squirrel hunt'd with 1 them when was a kid at about 7-8 yrs old...........b'longed to a Uncle o' mine. He also had a Winchester bolt gun......model....?......60 sumthin,I think....they both took they share of squirrels back in the day....:):

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    ;).......Nice 1 there,too dude.......hahaha......squirrel hunt'd with 1 them when was a kid at about 7-8 yrs old...........b'longed to a Uncle o' mine. He also had a Winchester bolt gun......model....?......60 sumthin,I think....they both took they share of squirrels back in the day....:):

Thank you. I wasn't trying to disrespect the guy, but I didn't think those were your typical .22 rifles.

Both of my grandfathers owned Scoremasters and I bought this one at a pawn shop in 1982 when I was 12. As you said, great squirrel rifle. Good plinking gun too.

Top Bottom