• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I usually find the value of a gun by what they're selling for on gunbroker.com. If you stick around this forum a while longer and post some more, you can sell it in the classifieds to a needy shooter like myself.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Ok, looked on gunbroker and they only had one with a price of $950 or so. Seemed very high to me, so i searched more.

impact guns says $710 for a new one. Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 454 Casull 2.5 IN

Bud's gun shop says $720 for a new one.
    Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 454 Casull 2.5 IN for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $718.00

If yours is used, it would be worth less than these. You could take it to a gun shop and see what they'll give you for it, BUT i would NOT sell it to a gun store. They can't pay you what its worth because they have to sell it for that much and make a profit. I would use the amount the gun store will give you as your lowest price and try to sell it on here for a little (10-15%) more.

Mikef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Ruger 454 Alaskan

I was thinking of purchasing a large handgun for my son to take to Alaska. Do you still want to sell your ruger 454 Alaskan?

jrc2979

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    I am looking for this pistol and am having a hard time finding one. If this one is for sale please let me know and I would be happy to buy it at a fair price. Thank you

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I would be careful trying to judge gun values off of sights like impact and bud's guns. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to slam any company. I just have seen alot of guys in various gun shops argueing with the owners saying they can get a gun for like $200 cheaper than everywhere else on bud's or impact. But then you try to order it from there and they are never in stock or they say that that was a sale price that is over now and you have to add in tax and shipping and before you know it it is higher than the gun shop you where argueing with. If you really want to know what your gun is worth go to amazon buy the latest addition of blue book of gun values and rate your gun accordingly. But remember a gun shop usually starts at around 60% value so be aware of that selling to individuals is always going to be more lucrative. But most gun shops will let you sell on consignment so if you come in a little cheaper than the ones they are selling you can get the most bang for your buck out of yours. Then if you turn around and buy something from that same shop you can usually get a better deal on your own purchase, you know one hand washing another.

Top Bottom