• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Store the magazines loaded for a week before you shoot them again, that spring will loosen up.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Instead of pushing down on the cartridge with your thumb, try pushing up on the magazine. In this way, the force of the spring pressure is spread out over the entire palm of your other hand.

No, wait... that's ridiculous. :n00b: Get an UpLula. :yesway:

And why is it that so many people think springs loosen up from compression rather than cycling? Quality springs do no such thing.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    You can get a Ruger [STRIKE]magazine[/STRIKE] clip loader for $4.50.
    Mark-II-Mark-III-Loaders-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

FTFY :laugh:
    12032_L.jpg

A spent .22 brass can be used to help push the button down as well. It wont act like a lever, but if you stick it on the top you get a larger thumb contact area to push with. (yeah, I'll have to take a picture someday)

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I would say your idea is not only possible but is a reality for ARs. Check it out: EM3-556: 30 Round Easy Mag I have several of these and they are very easy to load and are reliable. These mags are heavier than the standard mag though so you may strain yourself picking them up to load. :D I doubt we will ever see this type of product for handguns though.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Get the Upula. They're awesome.

You're going to want to go to the range some time, right? Are you going to be satisfied with shooting just one or two mags of ammo? No (at least I hope not). You're going to want to fire off 200-300 rounds. You're not going to want to load those all by hand. Too time consuming. Either that or you're loading just 6-8 rounds per mag. Also no good.

Get the Upula.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one Uplula loader for my AR15 and another for handguns 9mm-45acp. Used them both this morninmg. There is no equal.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would say your idea is not only possible but is a reality for ARs. Check it out: EM3-556: 30 Round Easy Mag I have several of these and they are very easy to load and are reliable. These mags are heavier than the standard mag though so you may strain yourself picking them up to load. :D I doubt we will ever see this type of product for handguns though.
    Wowwww those are awesome...

I would *love* to see such a product in a handgun magazine.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ruger MKII mags use a miniscule follower button and a heavy duty railroad car spring to power the follower.I have heard there is a device to make loading these mags. easier.Anybody know of this device?

You can get a Ruger magazine loader for $4.50.
    Mark-II-Mark-III-Loaders-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

A spent .22 brass can be used to help push the button down as well. It wont act like a lever, but if you stick it on the top you get a larger thumb contact area to push with. (yeah, I'll have to take a picture someday)

Use anything that you can and want to make the rim-fire mags easier.

A simple fix: A plastic soda bottle lid

-J-

Top Bottom