• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Not surprising given overall voter exasperation w/ results of big government outcomes. He will hit a wall however if he does not do a better job of explaining what he thinks the world will look like when China or Russia fill the vacuum we create by abandoning empire. Additionally he will hit a wall w/ voters if he does not do a better job of explaining what personal responsibility looks like when you end the war on drugs and other assorted personal freedoms.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The machine will not be nominating Ron Paul as the RNC candidate so don't get your hopes up. The one they have greased up is Mitt Romney, AKA Obama light.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The machine will not be nominating Ron Paul as the RNC candidate so don't get your hopes up. The one they have greased up is Mitt Romney, AKA Obama light.

Thanks for the clearing that up. While you're at it, would you mind sharing what the winning lotto numbers will be for this week with your crystal ball?

Ron Paul's message is resonating as more people hear it. Will it be enough to get him the nom, maybe, maybe not.

The fact his numbers are on the rise while no one has dropped out (save Bachman) is a very good sign.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Respectfully, her points will only resonate with people who are already on board for Paul as president. Preaching to the choir doesn't win converts. Her biggest shortfall is one she shares with Paul: the assumption that simply stating the reason is self-explanatory in itself.

In sales, we call it the feature/benefit tactic. A feature is worthless unless it actually conveys a benefit to the user. Paul routinely falls short of connecting the benefit to the feature. Let's take "End the Fed" as an example. He's given us the feature, but where's the benefit? How many people know what the fed is, let alone how it operates and how it manipulates the monetary policy in this country? If people can't see the benefit, they won't care about the feature.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Respectfully, her points will only resonate with people who are already on board for Paul as president. Preaching to the choir doesn't win converts. Her biggest shortfall is one she shares with Paul: the assumption that simply stating the reason is self-explanatory in itself.

In sales, we call it the feature/benefit tactic. A feature is worthless unless it actually conveys a benefit to the user. Paul routinely falls short of connecting the benefit to the feature. Let's take "End the Fed" as an example. He's given us the feature, but where's the benefit? How many people know what the fed is, let alone how it operates and how it manipulates the monetary policy in this country? If people can't see the benefit, they won't care about the feature.

You're not wrong about folks not seeing the benefit, though I think Paul has been working to educate people about the Fed and the moral hazard it represents for quite a few years.

It is not as simple a matter, though simplification of the action to benefit relationship, as you stated, couldn't hurt.

He still has a bit of time to connect the dots, but he is not a sound bite kind of guy. Hopefully, he'll find some folks that can help him get the points across more plausibly to those who have less-than-ample attention spans for absorbing the in-depth explanations required for full understanding.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Good point. practically speaking most people could give a flip about the Fed or ending it. The media makes him sound nuts and he certainly obliges by giving sound bytes they can exploit. It is unfortunate that we can't find a slick, young, handsome guy that believes in fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, and civil liberty that we could love and the sheep could follow. :dunno:

So far noone has pulled my Ron Paul sign out of my yard so I see that as a good sign! :):

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

This is a fantastic point. It's a piece that's been eluding my consciousness, but I can see I've been trying to say it for a while now. That's exactly the kernel of the problem.

The problem that is stacked on top of that is that if you have to educate people before they'll vote for you, you've already lost. You'd better at most be putting into words what they already believe.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This is a fantastic point. It's a piece that's been eluding my consciousness, but I can see I've been trying to say it for a while now. That's exactly the kernel of the problem.

The problem that is stacked on top of that is that if you have to educate people before they'll vote for you, you've already lost. You'd better at most be putting into words what they already believe.

He should just say, "Banks are screwing you" and be done with it. People know and understand that. If they want more information than that about what exactly he means, then he can provide it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I decided to watch the debate tonight. The family was in bed and I was flipping around. Honestly, I didn't know they were doing another debate tonight. I lost track when they hit double digits.

Was I the only one who was wanting Paul to say 0% on that income tax question? I was actually talking to the TV as they went down the line for the quick hitter. "Do it Ron, say zero...c'mon...do it.. (audible laugh)... Yes!" Then it struck me that everyone in the audience and watching from home just played the kook card in their heads. I think this is exactly what people are talking about in this thread.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    He can't complete a single sentence without a bunch of herp and derp. He belongs as chairmen of the fed. That's it. Not potus.

Not a great orator...just one more thing in common with Jefferson.

You're not wrong that he's bad at it...it's just sad that packaging is so much more valued than substance these days.

Top Bottom