• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    He may be right on a lot of issues, but his personality is not one people are willing to follow.

He lacks that presidential air. Sorry.

May I suggest listening to the words contained within this song?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0[/ame]

We have charisma now...how's that working out for us? This isn't Celebrity Apprentice or Dancing with the Stars. :xmad:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm not saying "shouldn't". I'm saying "can't".

The fact that it shouldn't be this way doesn't mean it isn't that way. Besides, if the right positions on issues were the main qualifier we'd elect some professor with all the brain trust.

But we don't. There's a leadership aspect, which includes a personality that leads.

Ron's personality just doesn't lead Americans.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

No offense and please don't take this as a personal insult, but I don't think you could be any more wrong on that. It wasn't like "W" could win over crowds with his charisma, and he was elected twice.

Paul has been getting re-elected in Texas of all places for a lot of years now. As quirkly as he is in a state as manly and rugged as Texas they keep electing Pauls skinny little butt to public office.

What Paul has going for him is that he has a record of saying the same thing for years and voting accordingly for a career. All these new faces have a lot to prove and I think many Americans are going to value a candidate with a proven record in the next election especially when take into consideration how well it worked for them the last time they elected a new guy without much of a record.

Paul is a breath of fresh air and the only hope I see for the country at this point.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Unfortunately, you're right on that point. Herman Cain will win the Republican nomination. Too many people are going to think the following thoughts:
    • "If we nominate a black guy, that eliminates Obama's base."
    • "Wow! He reminds me of Morgan Freeman all those times he played a father-figure/leader."
    • "Gee, he sure is eloquent & his economic ideas match what I learned in government schools."
    That doesn't mean I won't be trying my damnedest to get Ron Paul into that position instead. What he lacks in eloquence, he more than makes up for in economic knowledge & wanting to stay the !@#$ outta my life. :twocents:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Unfortunately, you're right on that point. Herman Cain will win the Republican nomination. Too many people are going to think the following thoughts:
    • "If we nominate a black guy, that eliminates Obama's base."
    • "Wow! He reminds me of Morgan Freeman all those times he played a father-figure/leader."
    • "Gee, he sure is eloquent & his economic ideas match what I learned in government schools."
    That doesn't mean I won't be trying my damnedest to get Ron Paul into that position instead. What he lacks in eloquence, he more than makes up for in economic knowledge & wanting to stay the !@#$ outta my life. :twocents:

QFT

You're on it today Paco.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    QFT

You're on it today Paco.

I take no credit...I just know that when talk show hosts like Neil Boortz start strongly supporting the guy & Fox News "pushes" him during the first debate...along with what I listed above...he's a shoe-in unless something drastic happens over the next year. If we go full-Zimbabwe, that'll change things for sure.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I'm tired of politicians trying to lead me. I am a grown man, a business owner, and an entrepreneur. I am pretty sure I am smart enough to make my own decisions about what is best for me. Our government makes laws according to who is getting rich and could care less about my problems or liberty. The more RP talks, the more I like him.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Of the candidates that have announced, is it possible that Paul is the frontrunner? I think Santorum and Pawlenty looked bad at the debates. If Paul wins the nomination the media assault on him will be intense. Herman Cain cannot beat Obama. Cain will be called an "uncle tom" by the same people who accuse people of being racist for not liking Obama's policies, they'll attack him for having ties to "big business" (Obama and GE aside). We'll see if Paul actually wins the nomination, but I think he is the best shot to beat Obama, He just needs to get heads up with Obama in a debate.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only question that matters (for the general election) is which candidate can win over the swing voters. Without swing voters, the incumbent will win easily.

I think the GOP nomination has to come down to those with some moderate appeal:
    Romney, Pawlenty, and Daniels (assuming he runs). RP is the wildcard. The rest don't stand a chance in a general election.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    The only question that matters (for the general election) is which candidate can win over the swing voters. Without swing voters, the incumbent will win easily.

I think the GOP nomination has to come down to those with some moderate appeal:
    Romney, Pawlenty, and Daniels (assuming he runs). RP is the wildcard. The rest don't stand a chance in a general election.

Maybe Daniels, but Pawlenty was exposed at the debate for his support of a cap and trade scheme in Minnesota (I didn't know about it anyways) and Romney obviously has Romneycare. This is not 2008 where Bush's unpopularity lead to the nomination of a "moderate" in McCain. Additionally, Obama's bump in the polls will go back down if the economy is not improving significantly by November of next year. If the economy recovers Obama cruises to re-election.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    One of Romney's biggest problems remains the religion issue. Other than that, I think he's probably pretty electable. I mean, he's flopped on a number of substantial issues, so he obviously has what it takes.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    One of Romney's biggest problems remains the religion issue. Other than that, I think he's probably pretty electable. I mean, he's flopped on a number of substantial issues, so he obviously has what it takes.

Romney is a "Same old $h!t" republican and if he wins we as a country are pretty well screwed. He has risen up through the republican machine and he has favors to repay. We got into the mess we're in by cookie cutter republicans and demacrats. Romney is just another extrension of the same old BS the republicans have been giving out for years. I'm not going to vote for Romney. I would feel like my soul was in jeapardy if I did, but that's just me.

The "swing" or "independent" voters went with Obama last time because he wasn't W and he was against the wars, and promised a multitude of things in his campaign that he hasn't delivered on. Transparent presidency my @$$.

Paul does have some appeal to liberals especially in the anti war crowd. I think he and the anti war crowd ultimately agree on getting the troops out of A-Stan and Iraq, but for different reasons. I think that he has enough of a chance to pull in those voters to pull it off this time around. Even my liberal/communist/nazi cousin who lives in chicago said that he liked the way Paul stood on some issues. Coming from that piece of trash it was quite a statement.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Romney is a "Same old $h!t" republican and if he wins we as a country are pretty well screwed. He has risen up through the republican machine and he has favors to repay. We got into the mess we're in by cookie cutter republicans and demacrats. Romney is just another extrension of the same old BS the republicans have been giving out for years. I'm not going to vote for Romney. I would feel like my soul was in jeapardy if I did, but that's just me.

The "swing" or "independent" voters went with Obama last time because he wasn't W and he was against the wars, and promised a multitude of things in his campaign that he hasn't delivered on. Transparent presidency my @$$.

Paul does have some appeal to liberals especially in the anti war crowd. I think he and the anti war crowd ultimately agree on getting the troops out of A-Stan and Iraq, but for different reasons. I think that he has enough of a chance to pull in those voters to pull it off this time around. Even my liberal/communist/nazi cousin who lives in chicago said that he liked the way Paul stood on some issues. Coming from that piece of trash it was quite a statement.

Based on your assessment, we're all screwed anyway. If Paul gets elected, he's not going to have congress on his side, and he's only going to be able to push his agenda so far. Congress is still filled with "cookie cutter" politicians.

I agree that Obama will be weaker in this cycle than he was in 2008, but it's likely that the Republican candidate won't be as strong as in the past either. It's going to be a difficult balance to keep the republican base and appeal to the swing voters...esp after a primary season which will likely involve some tough infighting.

Paul's stance on war is simply realistic. It's the obvious solution to our debt problems, and yes, many people on the left realize this and have realized this for a long time. List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Based on your assessment, we're all screwed anyway. If Paul gets elected, he's not going to have congress on his side, and he's only going to be able to push his agenda so far. Congress is still filled with "cookie cutter" politicians.

The last election didn't teach either party anything or at least they made no visible attempt to learn from it. Look at what Beihner is up to these days. That guy is obviously clueless and out of touch. He's a perfect example of a cookie cutter sellouts just like Romney, Lugar, McCain etc. from my standpoint.

I hope/pray that the next election cycle will bring in more new faces who think more along the lines of Paul and who would find him more agreeable.

You're right though, by my assessment we as a nation are already screwed. Just look at what they're doing to consider funding the government right now. Raiding government workers pensions, instead of the obvious cutting of spending. Even today they refuse to take the option of cutting spending over stealing from their employees. If this were done in the private sector they would be arrested and charged.

Things are jacked up right now, what could it hurt to put Paul in charge?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Saw Ron the other day in a interview....he said that drug addictions is a disease.....?....then on that so is being a drunk, overwieght would be a disease....then stealing, murdering...rape would be a disease too. Laziness would also be a disease as well as being unemployed....flame away, but to me none of these is a disease imo.... CANCER is a disease,
    an my opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to my vote...an won't vote for someone that doesn't have any more horse sense than this....as far as Rommney, forget it, it ain't his religion its his Mass. Healthcare that he isn't ashamed of that well never get him elected.....Trump is out, Newt should of never entered, he'll get buried with all his crap as well....so far the only one I like is Cain, an since he ain't inbedded an indepted to the (R) party he won't have a chance.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Saw Ron the other day in a interview....he said that drug addictions is a disease.....?....then on that so is being a drunk, overwieght would be a disease....then stealing, murdering...rape would be a disease too. Laziness would also be a disease as well as being unemployed....flame away, but to me none of these is a disease imo.... CANCER is a disease,
    an my opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to my vote...an won't vote for someone that doesn't have any more horse sense than this....as far as Rommney, forget it, it ain't his religion its his Mass. Healthcare that he isn't ashamed of that well never get him elected.....Trump is out, Newt should of never entered, he'll get buried with all his crap as well....so far the only one I like is Cain, an since he ain't inbedded an indepted to the (R) party he won't have a chance.

Could you post your citations about some of these things NOT being diseases?

Call me crazy but my mother suffered from narcotics addiction for many years, many accredited doctors and physiologists call this a disease, including myself.

I think you would need strong argument in order to debate with that stance :twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

This is why Ron Paul can win. The nation is sick and tired of War.

George W. Obama has proved to be nothing but a puppet of the U.N. and the Military Industrial Complex. Continuing wars in Iraq & Aghanistan, starting a new one in Libya, ramping up in Pakistan, threatening Syria, bombing Yemen with drones... Its madness. We cannot afford it. It is pointless. Most Americans are sick of it.

Ron Paul is the only candidate with any discernible difference from Obama on war. Obama's actions speak for themselves. The rest of the warhawks and neoconservatives aren't going to win enough voters to unseat Obama. The country can't survive their status quo policies either.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

:rolleyes:

Using force against another person has nothing to do with physiology. Stealing, murder, rape? Not even close.

Ron Paul is a doctor, and I happen agree with him, addiction is a disease. People get physically ill from being away from the source of their addiction. People die from withdrawal symptoms. Its a disease, albeit a man-caused disease.

Top Bottom