• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If Internet polls accurately reflected the way people vote, Dr. Paul would have completed or be in the process of completing his second term as President :(
    Fortunately, the Rasmussen polls AREN'T internet polls. They are scientifically conducted. Just like the CNN poll that had similar results. I think this time around may very well be different, if the TEA Parties can get their act together and get rid of the Dick Armey Express.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Fortunately, the Rasmussen polls AREN'T internet polls. They are scientifically conducted. Just like the CNN poll that had similar results. I think this time around may very well be different, if the TEA Parties can get their act together and get rid of the Dick Armey Express.

That's good to know! From your mouth (and the Rasmussen poll) to God's ear! :)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ron Paul will be 77 years old on election day. Does anybody think this will be an issue. Does anybody think if he is the nominee that the press won't beat this to death? Does anybody remember how the liberals used Reagan's age against him?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ron Paul will be 77 years old on election day. Does anybody think this will be an issue. Does anybody think if he is the nominee that the press won't beat this to death? Does anybody remember how the liberals used Reagan's age against him?
    And, yet, he was elected and re-elected.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

If he chooses a vp who will reflect his values, I would say this is a non-issue. The only problem is that there are few who reflect his values haha.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Do you remember how Reagan answered the debate question about his age?
    Something to the effect of "I will not make age an issue in this election, the fact that my opponent is much younger and less experienced should not be held against him". (paraphrased as I cannot remember the exact quote)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I agree with all of the above. Don't get me wrong, Ron Paul would be a great POTUS. Problem is, how do we get him in? I'd vote for him in a heartbeat as I'm sure most on this forum would. Maybe I'm wrong on the age issue, but I can see the liberals really pushing it. Especially since their guy is about 30 years younger. I can just see hte ads, Obama playing hoops, jogging, whatever to emphasize his youthfullness.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Do you remember how Reagan answered the debate question about his age?
    Something to the effect of "I will not make age an issue in this election, the fact that my opponent is much younger and less experienced should not be held against him". (paraphrased as I cannot remember the exact quote)

Of course, the quote has a little less bite since he had multiple operations during his second term and was beginning to suffer signs of what would later be diagnosed as Alzheimer's.

Paul seems to be a pretty spry old dude though.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I agree with all of the above. Don't get me wrong, Ron Paul would be a great POTUS. Problem is, how do we get him in? I'd vote for him in a heartbeat as I'm sure most on this forum would. Maybe I'm wrong on the age issue, but I can see the liberals really pushing it. Especially since their guy is about 30 years younger. I can just see hte ads, Obama playing hoops, jogging, whatever to emphasize his youthfullness.

You mean is inattention to the matters of State? :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ron Paul: I believe in due process

Ron Paul: I Would Not Have Ordered Bin Laden Raid - FoxNews.com

You'd still for him, even after he would have had him in his sights???
    Paul said the United States should have gone after bin Laden the same way it went after Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, architect of the Sept. 11 attacks, by working with the Pakistan government.

"They arrested him, actually, and turned him over to us," Paul said, suggesting the same formula should have applied to bin Laden.

Yes, I would absolutely vote for him. An arrest was appropriate, along with one of those trial thingies.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Paul said the United States should have gone after bin Laden the same way it went after Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, architect of the Sept. 11 attacks, by working with the Pakistan government.

"They arrested him, actually, and turned him over to us," Paul said, suggesting the same formula should have applied to bin Laden.

Yes, I would absolutely vote for him. An arrest was appropriate, along with one of those trial thingies.

Agreed. Bin Laden wasn't a head of state, he was a common criminal. A mere gang leader. An arrest and trial was an absolute necessity. Paul is, once again, correct.

I voted for Ron Paul in '88. I haven't voted for a Republican since the late '70s - just another den of vipers. Paul is the only man who could get me to vote Republican again.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    If he chooses a vp who will reflect his values, I would say this is a non-issue. The only problem is that there are few who reflect his values haha.

He had one solid VP last time, one that forseen all the financial troubles we were getting into...Peter Shiff. Hope he picks another good one.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Problem is, how do we get him in?

Step 1: If you don't already understand real liberty & Austrian economics, educate yourself.
    Step 2: Change the hearts & minds of those around you by sharing your opinions & knowledge about liberty & economics.
    Step 3: Use your time and/or money to support his campaign.
    Step 4: Encourage others to show up next May 8th to vote for him in the Republican Primary.
    Step 5: Show up, yourself, next May 8th to vote for him in the Republican Primary.

If I'm wrong on any counts or omitted anything, please correct me. I want to help get it right this time around. If the next election doesn't go favorably, SHTF will likely be that much closer to becoming reality...

Disclaimer: I typed this list so that I would have something to follow as well...it's too easy to get bogged down in life & be "surprised" next fall when the election is "already" upon us.

Top Bottom