• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We can speculate all day on that. My money goes to him upholding his the constitution, since Paul's past behavior has been solidly on the side of principle.

Paul has always had the luxury of not holding the bag at the end of the day. He's one of how many votes? It's rather easy to stand firm on one's principles when you know that your individual vote by itself is rather insignificant to the final outcome.

I think it's naively simplistic to assume he has the same luxury in the big boy chair. He will be faced with a choice and something will have to be sacrificed.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Paul has always had the luxury of not holding the bag at the end of the day. He's one of how many votes? It's rather easy to stand firm on one's principles when you know that your individual vote by itself is rather insignificant to the final outcome.

I think it's naively simplistic to assume he has the same luxury in the big boy chair. He will be faced with a choice and something will have to be sacrificed.

Deal. I'll take that bet. Vote Paul in the primary and again in the general and see how principled he really is :yesway:

I'll put a box of .45acp on it. :cool:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Deal. I'll take that bet. Vote Paul in the primary and again in the general and see how principled he really is :yesway:

I'll put a box of .45acp on it. :cool:

What are we betting on? I'm not saying he's going to pick on over the other. I'm saying regardless of his choice, something for which he stands ends up on the cutting room floor.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    What I find interesting it this talk of people not wanting to give up their benefits (it's true).

The sad fact of the matter is, they WILL lose those benefits. Unfortunately, it probably won't be until we have a national default and the SOBs drag the rest of us down with them.

As 88GT stated, Paul's plan, like Cain's, probably doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually coming to fruition, even assuming he were to get the nomination and be elected.

Sad part is, without serious drastic cuts - in the range Paul is discussing or larger - in the relatively short term, neither does this country.

The Austrians (economists), of which Dr. Paul is one, have it right. The only question is timing.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ron Paul Releases the ONLY Presidential Candidate Balanced Budget Proposal
    Representative Ron Paul (R-Texas) unveiled a balanced budget proposal, Plan to Restore America, October 17 that would cut nearly $1 trillion — $981 billion — from the President's budget proposal in the single fiscal year of 2013 and eliminate the deficit completely without raising taxes within two years. No other presidential candidate has revealed a balanced budget in any number of years, including the incumbent President Barack Obama. And no sitting congressman or senator has proposed a budget plan that would balance the budget in less than 30 years other than Congressman Paul's son, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul (whose proposal would balance the budget within five years).
    "A lot of people will say that cutting a trillion dollars in one year, that sounds radical," the Texas congressman and obstetrician quipped at a press conference announcing the proposal. "But you know, I operate on the assumption that the radicals have been in charge way too long. Both from left and right, we have heard the arguments that deficits don't really matter. And they really haven't mattered for a very long time or we wouldn't have this debt."

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Looks like paul is in single digits and droping. Cain is beating ossama. Maybe the Iranian government can donate to paul.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's rather easy to stand firm on one's principles when you know that your individual vote by itself is rather insignificant to the final outcome.

If this were remotely true why is Paul the only politician with a consistant record. If it's that easy to stand up for the constitution and balanced budgets please show me another politician on either side who has managed to have such a consistant record. I'm not trying to be a wise guy, I'd genuinely like to know if there's another one out there.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    It's amazing that a man like this, is willing to lay out a plan like this; and then, we find so many 'conservative Constitutionalists' bulking.

The ball is pitched, will America and the Libertarian's unite? Or just choose to whine and moan because of the discomfort they may experience with a plan like this.

:rolleyes:

I'm voting for the guy. AFAIK, he's the only hope I have to see that my children can have a future in this universe.

Ron Paul is issuing a bold new plan to get the Federal budget balanced in his 1st term.

His 1,000,000,000,000 - 5 - 39,336 Plan will:

• zero foreign aid
    • eliminate 5 cabinet level departments (Energy, Education...)
    • bring the troops home
    • eliminate capital gains taxes
    • eliminate dividend taxes
    • allows young people to opt out of Social Security
    • slash the budget of the FDA, EPA, others
    • extend "Bush" tax cuts
    • reduce corporate taxes
    • allow overseas capital to be repatriated without penalty
    • symbolically cut presidential salary to median income of $39,336

Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts

6wpg.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    If this were remotely true why is Paul the only politician with a consistant record. If it's that easy to stand up for the constitution and balanced budgets please show me another politician on either side who has managed to have such a consistant record. I'm not trying to be a wise guy, I'd genuinely like to know if there's another one out there.

Exactly. When a man shows up who is willing to do what is needed, the cynicism starts and the lack of belief does too... what a shame... and a lot of hot air and hot keyboards.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm voting for the guy. AFAIK, he's the only hope I have to see that my children can have a future in this universe.

That's the way I see it. This country is already heading down the tube and another same old bs republican like Romney, Perry, whoever is just going to delay the final flush. RP is the only chance my kids have of having a decent life, and if he's not elected, my prepping is going into overdrive in a big way.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Rush is talking about this plan so that he can remain relevant with conservative listeners. It would be outrageous if he actually tried to ignore one of the most ambitious fiscally conservative plans proposed by a presidential candidate in this era. Since he can no longer ignore Ron Paul, Rush tries to claim ownership of Paul's platform that he's been espousing for the last 30 years. Rush is such a tool. But I'm glad the Restore America Plan got some national radio time.

any support is better than none... or flat out ignoring RP like they have been.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm all for it. I just think the moochers, and the looters, waaaaaaaaaaaay outnumber the producers.

The part that scares me if that if it's too late I think the moochers/looters are going to be going head to head against the producers in the streets. In that case I don't think it's going to be in favor of the moochers/looters.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's amazing that a man like this, is willing to lay out a plan like this; and then, we find so many 'conservative Constitutionalists' bulking.

The ball is pitched, will America and the Libertarian's unite? Or just choose to whine and moan because of the discomfort they may experience with a plan like this.

:rolleyes:

so stealing this for Facebook. :yesway:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Cowboys vs hippies :ar15:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want anyone getting hurt. I'd rather everyone just start pulling their heads out of their hind ends and paying attention.

Even if people disagree with RP on specific issue, usually the trump is that dispite politcal differences we can't afford the spending as a nation anyway.

Top Bottom