• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is it illegal for the government to kill a citizen without due process?

• Total voters

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm proud to say that I support this man; he's sticking to principles and laying out arguments, while I feel that many other candidates are just aiming for sound bites to bring down their rivals.

An unconstitutional killing: Obama's killing of Awlaki violates American principles

These are the kinds of issues that I feel our President should be working on. Since when can the President or goverment decide that they're going to kill a US citizen (no matter how awful that person is) without an arrest, trial, etc.? I can not see any argument beyond an "ends justify the means" argument that people are currently using to justify these unconstitutional acts.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Ron Paul spews the same idiotic bull**** Obama did when he was running for President, had no security clearance, received no national security briefings, and had no actual knowledge of threats aginst this country. Obama found out that there really is evil in the world and that it's easier to complain when you have no access to information, just like Ron Paul would if he became President.

Failing to take action against enemy targets is an impeachable offense. In any event Paul demonstrates his lack of understanding of the authority of the role of the Commander in Chief and this editorial is proof why he is unfit to carry out its duties.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Semper, I think we'd just have to agree to disagree on this. If anything Ron Paul is showing a better understanding of the rule of law. Does it really seem just so unreasonable that we'd give our own citizens a trial before execution? It's especially important with the citizens that we don't like and who appear blatantly guilty. Think it through to where it ends when the government has a free pass to continue killing whoever it sees fit. If we could send seals in to get Osama, we could have nabbed this guy in the middle of the night and brought him home for a trial.

For your benefit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXsgTRzBePw&feature=player_embedded

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So if he had gone through the legal process, you would be all good then?
    I'm not for the murder of anyone who has just ran their mouth and ranted against any country. If we use that logic then plenty of people on INGO who've talked about committing genocide against Iran and other countries would be open for assassination by that countries military or intelligence agencies. It's not a slippery slope, it's a cliffs edge. That said, if Aw-Awlaki had renounced his citizenship, (which he did not) then the administration might be able to make a case. But, since they're being secretive about their legal rational (other than "Obama said it was OK"), I'm not OK with it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The only thing they did wrong was not getting Jane Fonda on the same day.

That particular citizen had more than enough time since 9/11 to return home, face a trial here on American soil and defend his rights. Instead, he went behind enemy lines and stayed there. Enemy sympathizer, gave comfort to the enemy, treason, spy, terrorist, plotter, bomb builder, murderer, attempted murderer, who cares?

Had he been on our soil, yes, I would have cared. I am more concerned about the President locking up citizens here than killing one on the run.

Talk is cheap, sometimes you have to nail someones ass to a tree in his own neighborhood to send a message. Yasser Arafat never slept in the same place twice for a reason, he knew that for Jews, talk is cheap. They intended to kill that terrorist first chance they got.

When the war is over, and this one likely never will be as the world is a much smaller place now, we can have trials. Drones make assassinations much easier and I am all for it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    "When the president can kill whoever he wants, then he's not a president anymore, he's a king." - Judge Andrew Napolitano
    It is not like they hid it, he was placed on a list that is publicized and includes the word kill in its name. If I am on capture or kill list (enemies of the State) then I can surrender or expect death. This is war, not civil discourse.

Soldiers do not make good Politicians and Politicians do not make good Soldiers but the President is both.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    While you are at it, Paul is just another King Maker. A generational politician. Our repalcement for Royalty in this country. I like his Son, but still the simple fact is, Paul has served more than 3 terms in office and now his offspring are in the racket too. Power is all corrupting.

If you look closely at members of congress who served in the last 20 years you may be surprised to see how many come from a "long line" of politicians.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Soldiers do not make good Politicians and Politicians do not make good Soldiers but the President is both.
    Sounds like Ron Paul is your guy then.

ron-paul-air-force-373x351.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    While you are at it, Paul is just another King Maker. A generational politician. Our repalcement for Royalty in this country. I like his Son, but still the simple fact is, Paul has served more than 3 terms in office and now his offspring are in the racket too. Power is all corrupting.

If you look closely at members of congress who served in the last 20 years you may be surprised to see how many come from a "long line" of politicians.

That's got to be one of the most bizarre statements I've ever read about Ron Paul. I have to ask, were you being serious? To call Ron Paul a Kingmaker with a straight face is a nice way of saying that you have absolutely no idea what the man stands for or how the man has voted consistantly throughout his career. His son now holds a public office in another state and because of that all of a sudden the federal governement is a family owned business, or a kingship? So what is people go into the same busienss as their parents. That's normal with carpenters, mechanics, teachers, police, and why not politics.

By all means, follow your own statement and look closely to members of congress who've served 20 years and compare their record to that of Ron Pauls. You'll see pretty quickly that nobody out there measures up to his consistency about people being able to rule their own lives. I'm not trying to personally pick on you, but you have to understand that just about everything you mentioned in that post was a complete fail.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    ANYONE who calls for the destruction of The U.S. is fair game for a date with The Grim Reaper.
    PERIOD!!!!

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.":whistle:

Top Bottom