• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rather than trying to get name recognition for your Presidential candidate, you ought to be building your organization from the local political scene upward. Get enough Libertarians in Congress to form a Caucus and you might gain some momentum in national politics.

that is the smart thing to do. Organize, organize, organize.

If all you do is push presidential candiadates then you are no better than a democrat who wants a messiah, a god-king, to rule him. If you want to change America then you have to have people in every precinct working.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everyone knows Romney supporters do not like Obama, so why the constant drumbeat about how you despise him, WE GET IT, and we GOT it LONG ago.

So why should we vote for Romney other than the fact that's he's not Obama? That's all I ever see offered up on the Romney side here. Johnson's track record has been posted here and it's only met with he's unelectable.

Johnson is going to get so few votes, at best 5 or 6%, that he will not effect anything. Libertarians do not have a working party. You have to have workers in every precinct. Candidates for every office. Organize, organize, organize.

If your only goal is to elect your messiah then you are no better than those democrats who want a god-king to rule them.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Johnson is going to get so few votes, at best 5 or 6%, that he will not effect anything.
    Somebody already pointed out that obtaining a certain percentage of votes would gain them access to certain public funds that right now exclusively benefit Republicans and Democrats.

Last edited:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    My concern with Johnson is that if you put him at the top, without the infrastructure below him to support him, it's a lot worse than what we have now, regardless of what his goals/dreams are.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    How could it be worse?

He wants to institute a fair tax, allow gay marriage, repeal the patriot act, and all the other things he's promised to do.

If he doesn't have support beneath him to do this, he will be one more president with empty promises.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Johnson is going to get so few votes, at best 5 or 6%, that he will not effect anything. Libertarians do not have a working party. You have to have workers in every precinct. Candidates for every office. Organize, organize, organize.

If your only goal is to elect your messiah then you are no better than those democrats who want a god-king to rule them.

Who's talking about Johnson as a messiah or a god-king? I don't agree with everything Johnson says, I don't know a single supporter of Johnson that has implied that either.

FYI...it is ok to be passionate about the person you're voting for. That does not equate to make them a god king or that those of who give our support are morons that believe 1 man can change it all for us. It really speaks to how you or anyone else choose to vote when you sling these false worshiping comments out there because you're not excited about your candidate.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He wants to institute a fair tax, allow gay marriage, repeal the patriot act, and all the other things he's promised to do.

If he doesn't have support beneath him to do this, he will be one more president with empty promises.

He could also veto a ton of things that ought to be stopped, which nobody else would do. How could it be worse?

Aren't Republicans still going to repeal Obamacare? Lower taxes? Cut spending? Send Johnson any of those kinds of bills and he would sign them into law.

I don't see how he could ever be worse than another Establishment dingleberry.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Who's talking about Johnson as a messiah or a god-king? I don't agree with everything Johnson says, I don't know a single supporter of Johnson that has implied that either.

FYI...it is ok to be passionate about the person you're voting for. That does not equate to make them a god king or that those of who give our support are morons that believe 1 man can change it all for us. It really speaks to how you or anyone else choose to vote when you sling these false worshiping comments out there because you're not excited about your candidate.

Those that supported Ron Paul were constantly being told he wasn't the Messiah we wanted him to be even though not a single Ron Paul related post by someone that supported him mentioned or implied the word Messiah. Those that keep bringing it up are, in my mind, simply just trying to justify voting for a POS that has proven in the past that he doesn't care about restricting freedom and liberties.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    He could also veto a ton of things that ought to be stopped, which nobody else would do. How could it be worse?

Aren't Republicans still going to repeal Obamacare? Lower taxes? Cut spending? Send Johnson any of those kinds of bills and he would sign them into law.

I don't see how he could ever be worse than another Establishment dingleberry.

You are correct, he can say yes/no to what congress wants to do.

If congress never wants to pass a fair tax, how can he do what he's promised?
    If congress never wants to repeal the patriot act how can he do what he promised?

So after 4 years, he didn't do much of what he promised, and we go back to a two party system.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You are correct, he can say yes/no to what congress wants to do.

If congress never wants to pass a fair tax, how can he do what he's promised?
    If congress never wants to repeal the patriot act how can he do what he promised?

So after 4 years, he didn't do much of what he promised, and we go back to a two party system.

Imagine, a 4-year break from constant, year after year tyranny. Hardly sounds worse to me.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Imagine, a 4-year break from constant, year after year tyranny. Hardly sounds worse to me.

We have a real issue with the economy, unemployment. If congress keeps sending proposals that Johnson vetoes, we continue down this spiral.

But Johnson doesn't have the base to craft a good solution. So if nothing gets done, and we just coast for 4 years, we drift the same direction we are headed.

Now if you think we are currently headed in the right direction, I could see how you don't see this a worse.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We have a real issue with the economy, unemployment. If congress keeps sending proposals that Johnson vetoes, we continue down this spiral.

What kind of bill are you imagining that Johnson would veto? You think Johnson would be bad for the economy? I don't really understand.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    What kind of bill are you imagining that Johnson would veto? You think Johnson would be bad for the economy? I don't really understand.

I don't think his ideas are bad for the economy. But congress does not support his ideas, and he doesn't have the base to get HIS ideas put forth. That's all.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't think his ideas are bad for the economy. But congress does not support his ideas, and he doesn't have the base to get HIS ideas put forth. That's all.
    If Johnson can't get Republicans to do anything they talk about before elections -- reducing spending, lowering taxes, repealing Obamacare, reducing bureaucracy and regulation -- then I guess he'd just have to keep vetoing the unconstitutional things that congress tries to pass for 4 years. :yesway:

Top Bottom