• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm still waiting for the Johnson supporters tell me why I should support him instead of continually trashing Romney...... Guess I'll never know.

OK, I'll bite.

1. Johnson supports smaller, less intrusive government.
    2. Johnson believes in following the Constitution.
    3. Johnson has also demonstrated that he will veto bad legislation and not worry about who has a problem with it.
    4. Johnson supports individual liberty. The other two have an established history of not doing so.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ahem... it appears the Paul/Johnson supporters are the only one's pissing and moaning. It is those supporters that keep bringing up EVERYTHING that supposedly supports their take on Romney, so don't point the pissing and moaning claim at me. Time for some to look in the mirror.

I for one could care less about the claim that Romney is no different than Obama, since it will have no effect on who I vote for in November whatsoever. I am firmly in the ABO camp THIS November.

Also, some here might try to loose the modern day Paul Revere, we're the only true patriots, everyone who disagrees with us are blind ignorant sheep crap and maybe try to figure out how to actually convince voters to come to their side on issues. Arrogance and insults obviously don't work, also offering nothing more than constantly pissing and moaning about "other guy" while never really doing much to promote "your" guy doesn't accomplish much either.

:twocents:

Oh, the irony. Couldn't cut it with a diamond tipped blade.

I'm still waiting for the Johnson supporters tell me why I should support him instead of continually trashing Romney...... Guess I'll never know.

Follow your own advice much? How about you vote for Johnson because he's not Obama. Apparantly that's qualification enough for Romney to earn your vote.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe libertarians need to go back to being democrats as that is where the libertarians came from (Jeffersonian-Democrats).

I believe that Tom would take umbrage at that statement in a huge way. Wearing the label is far different from emulating the substance.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope couldn't be more wrong. My qualification for Romney is he actually has a chance of defeating Obama.

Your whole premise for voting is because you hate Obama. You don't care to say why we should vote for Romney other than he's not Obama. And you're criticizing libertarians for trashing Romney and not explaining why you should vote for Johnson. Meet irony.

We'll see if Romney actually beats Obama.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe libertarians need to go back to being democrats as that is where the libertarians came from (Jeffersonian-Democrats).

My only satisfaction for this election is knowing that you'll be suffering right along side of me. Romney is a million times the democrat that I am and yet you can't see beyond the label.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Do you mean if someone has an R beside their name, they might not actually be one!?

We need negative rep back for comments like this!!!!!!1 An R next to a name clearly means they're the best possible person on the ticket and they automatically believe in liberty and freedom!!!!1111

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's similar to me as getting out of personal debt. Sure, I can make small payments that chip away at the principle and yeah, I pay more in the long run but so what? Except now you know you're facing a massive lay off with little hope for future employment. You have time to pay down your debt, do you keep doing what you're doing or GOYA and get that debt paid off or give up and lose everything.

Yeah, Keeping the analogy, say your significant other has a pretty much equal vote and wants to keep making the small payments and spending the rest?

That's kind of how it is now. I'm not sure much more than half the public thinks the situation is dire enough to make the drastic changes neccessary.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Yeah, Keeping the analogy, say your significant other has a pretty much equal vote and wants to keep making the small payments and spending the rest?

That's kind of how it is now. I'm not sure much more than half the public thinks the situation is dire enough to make the drastic changes neccessary.

I think you're right and that's scary but the question then becomes what side of the fence do you fall on? Rhetorical question. Are you making small payments or large ones? You can't control what others will do so all you can do is what you think is right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you're right and that's scary but the question then becomes what side of the fence do you fall on? Rhetorical question. Are you making small payments or large ones? You can't control what others will do so all you can do is what you think is right.

I fell on a fence when I was young. Don't rember which side. Hurt like hell though. Cut my hands up on the barbed wire.

Sorry, just brought up memories. Personally I favor not being in debt. But when you find yourself in debt, it's cheapest to get out sooner than later. So I'd say big payments.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I fell on a fence when I was young. Don't rember which side. Hurt like hell though. Cut my hands up on the barbed wire.

Sorry, just brought up memories. Personally I favor not being in debt. But when you find yourself in debt, it's cheapest to get out sooner than later. So I'd say big payments.

Completely irrelevant but one of my childhood memories that still makes me lol to this day is when my cousin tried to climb over an 8 foot fence, got to the top, slipped and was hanging off the top by his drawers, whitey tightys, begging for us to help him. :laugh:

Fun with the fence

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Your whole premise for voting is because you hate Obama. You don't care to say why we should vote for Romney other than he's not Obama. And you're criticizing libertarians for trashing Romney and not explaining why you should vote for Johnson. Meet irony.

We'll see if Romney actually beats Obama.

This comment ignores a large bunch of Libertarian leaning Republicans like me...

I disagree VEHEMENTLY with Obama, no question about it.

I think Mr. Johnson would be WAY better for the country that either Obama or Romney. My choice (interestingly similar to Johnson ), got the boot from the Republican field very early. But when you have 9 or 10 people running - SOMEONE has to get bumped out. it happens.

In talking to people (except on INGO), just John Q. Public... I've asked them when discussing politics - do you know who Gary Johnson is? 9 of 10 COULD NOT TELL ME. These are ordinary people that care about the republic. Just haven't heard, yet. Doesn't mean they'd all vote for him - but the fact remains that they HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD OF HIM, OR IT HASN"T STUCK.

It is impossible for a person who does not have 50% name recognition to win, wouldn't you agree?

So what am I left to do? It's NOT an emotional thing for me - it's simple logic.

My choice is this - I'll actively talk to people around and promote libertarian ideas! Wherever I can. Same philosophy as the Appleseed gang - waking up the country. All of my closest associates are aware that I'm coming out of the closet as a little l libertarian. (My Brother in Law insists that I've been "a flaming libertarian" for a long time - thus eliminating the need for coming out of the closet.. :D) Realistically, though - by November, we're not going to be any where close to the needed name recognition. Say what you want, and help all we might - there's just too much ground to cover. And not by a small margin.

So in November - I'm faced with a choice. And again , I'll side with logic over emotion, and vote for the best candidate available that has any (and I do mean ANY) hope. Polls mean nothing. Name recognition, though, is a deal killer. Given what's out there, that's likely Romney.

So rather than get whipped into a frenzy and go in a forum and say "By [inser t Deity of choice] , I'll NEVER vote for HIM... " , "They're both the same." or whatever, I simply choose to do what I can.

For the record, the libertarian wing of the R party would be wise to field only ONE candidate. Ron Paul made a big dent this year. And that's why Johnson never got off the ground in the R primary.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's more from that principled, small government Paul Ryan.

http://news.yahoo.com/presented-let...imulus-cash-234025910--abc-news-politics.html

"The Olympics may be over but Paul Ryan could have gotten a gold medal in hypocrisy," a senior administration official told ABC's Jake Tapper. "As someone who spends all day every day railing against government spending, but then secretly seeks millions in funds for pet projects, he is as Washington as it gets."

:laugh:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This comment ignores a large bunch of Libertarian leaning Republicans like me...

I disagree VEHEMENTLY with Obama, no question about it.

I think Mr. Johnson would be WAY better for the country that either Obama or Romney. My choice (interestingly similar to Johnson ), got the boot from the Republican field very early. But when you have 9 or 10 people running - SOMEONE has to get bumped out. it happens.

In talking to people (except on INGO), just John Q. Public... I've asked them when discussing politics - do you know who Gary Johnson is? 9 of 10 COULD NOT TELL ME. These are ordinary people that care about the republic. Just haven't heard, yet. Doesn't mean they'd all vote for him - but the fact remains that they HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD OF HIM, OR IT HASN"T STUCK.

It is impossible for a person who does not have 50% name recognition to win, wouldn't you agree?

So what am I left to do? It's NOT an emotional thing for me - it's simple logic.

My choice is this - I'll actively talk to people around and promote libertarian ideas! Wherever I can. Same philosophy as the Appleseed gang - waking up the country. All of my closest associates are aware that I'm coming out of the closet as a little l libertarian. (My Brother in Law insists that I've been "a flaming libertarian" for a long time - thus eliminating the need for coming out of the closet.. :D) Realistically, though - by November, we're not going to be any where close to the needed name recognition. Say what you want, and help all we might - there's just too much ground to cover. And not by a small margin.

So in November - I'm faced with a choice. And again , I'll side with logic over emotion, and vote for the best candidate available that has any (and I do mean ANY) hope. Polls mean nothing. Name recognition, though, is a deal killer. Given what's out there, that's likely Romney.

So rather than get whipped into a frenzy and go in a forum and say "By [inser t Deity of choice] , I'll NEVER vote for HIM... " , "They're both the same." or whatever, I simply choose to do what I can.

For the record, the libertarian wing of the R party would be wise to field only ONE candidate. Ron Paul made a big dent this year. And that's why Johnson never got off the ground in the R primary.

Good analysis. Good plan. The system would not let me rep you again, but you deserve it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    423503_10151104896842726_1530793145_n.jpg

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Paul Ryan is a good choice. And, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. Most people can figure that out. The libs and progressives would love a 3rd party, because that means a divided conservative opponent and a faster path to RULING the country rather than GOVERNING.

Funny thing I read on FB yesterday in a conversation between a Liberal and a Libertarian...

The Liberal said that a vote for anyone other than Obama would be a vote for Romney. :): Looks like each side of the isle have the same problem on their hands.

Just how desperate must each side be to use this same approach in attempts to convince us third party voters to change our vote?
    It tells me that they do not have the confidence in their candidate's platform to garnish enough votes.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Completely irrelevant but one of my childhood memories that still makes me lol to this day is when my cousin tried to climb over an 8 foot fence, got to the top, slipped and was hanging off the top by his drawers, whitey tightys, begging for us to help him. :laugh:

Fun with the fence

I got thrown into a barb wire fence by horse once--not fun!

Top Bottom