• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You shut them up by launching a new, powerful movement that will not compromise and will not stop. The Republicans did it in the nineteenth century. They lost the first time they ran a candidate, but they put their second candidate in office, Abraham Lincoln. It can be done if enough Americans will scream, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" We must launch a new movement and stop settling for the lesser of two evils that is really just the same old wolf wearing a sheepskin.

Are you willing to go back to college, get a PhD then teach? Until we have libertarians and conservatives willing to sacrifice in order to be the professors, we will never get control of the culture.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution ... or have failed their purpose ... or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

Another lunatic republican, Barry Goldwater

Yeah, I can quote Hitler speaking about things with which anyone in their right mind would agree, but that wouldn't be the whole story (or even a small fraction thereof), now would it? It also wouldn't be proof that we should just ignore every word that comes out of a politician's mouth.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution ... or have failed their purpose ... or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

Another lunatic republican, Barry Goldwater

You will, perhaps, notice that he failed of election to the Presidency? As CarmelHP said elsewhere recently: "election is Job 1". If you can't manage to get elected (Libertarians), you can't make necessary changes in the government.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Maybe it's just me, but the Romney supporters seem to be more than a bit desperate to gain support for their candidate. Almost manic in their defence of voting for him. All the while ignoring the plenitude of faults and bad history. I think they realise they chose poorly and are going to get their asses handed to them in November. Again. Desperation doesn't look good on anyone.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ryan is another pro-war, pro-police state neocon. He and his Establishment buddies are what's wrong with the GOP and Washington D.C.

He voted for the National Defense Authorization Act, bringing the War on Terror to the homeland. Soldiers can now arrest American citizens and indefinitely detain them in military prisons.

He's bailed out companies that were "too big to fail." This must be part of what he meant when he said he rejected Ayn Rand's philosophy.

He wants the Feds to ban same-sex marriage, trouncing the will of many states and effectively nullifying many existing marriages. He wants top-down Federal control, rather than states regulating themselves.

He wants flag desecration to be a Federal crime. Don't bother telling him that there are too many laws already, he doesn't care. I'm pretty sure that bill was co-sponsored by Hillary Clinton.

He voted for Federalizing driver's licenses "to hinder terrorists." Another state power he'd like to nationalize. Ready for that National ID Card yet?

Then you look at his foreign policy and see that he's He's been a big supporter of continued warring against Iraq and Afghanistan, even resisting troop withdrawal after 10 years of pointless conflict. He also supports sanctions (acts of war) on Syria and Iran, and pledges to send our troops into any war that Israel wants us to.

This is why America loses no matter what.

Ryan is a conservative. A neo-con (which is basically calling him a jew lover) is someone who used to be a democrat but grew up. Ryan is a hardcore conservative who has NEVER been a leftwinger.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Adolph Hitler said:
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolph Hitler said:
    As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

Adolph Hitler said:
    The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.

Adolph Hitler said:
    Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.

He's such a nice boy!

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Maybe it's just me, but the Romney supporters seem to be more than a bit desperate to gain support for their candidate. Almost manic in their defence of voting for him. All the while ignoring the plenitude of faults and bad history. I think they realise they chose poorly and are going to get their asses handed to them in November. Again. Desperation doesn't look good on anyone.

I think it's just you. I"m sure you could find people rallying support for their candidate no matter who it is. You just happened to take an opposing stance, and this thread in particular by design exposes you greater.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's not what his voting record says.

Anything left of anarchy is statism to you. Have you ever had a check up from the neck up? The left pushes being a victim thus paranoia and a willingness to do violence (ie James Holmes who was an anarchist and left wing OWS - Occupy Black Bloc). Are the far right individualists (libertarians) becoming just as paranoid?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Anything left of anarchy is statism to you. Have you ever had a check up from the neck up? The left pushes being a victim thus paranoia and a willingness to do violence (ie James Holmes who was an anarchist and left wing OWS - Occupy Black Bloc). Are the far right individualists (libertarians) becoming just as paranoid?
    You really are out there, as we've seen in the past and now. Desperate, indeed. Ryan's voted right along with his lefty buddies on TARP and all the other big issues. He's just like his buddy Obamney. Not quite the paragon of far right virtue you'd have us believe he is. Oh, and far right is not libertarian on any sane political spectrum. But you don't use one of those, do you? Just the one in your head.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think it's just you. I"m sure you could find people rallying support for their candidate no matter who it is. You just happened to take an opposing stance, and this thread in particular by design exposes you greater.
    Nope. Looking over this thread and others, you folks seem truly desperate to change the minds of those who choose not to vote the status quo and kick the disaster can down the road. I've never seen so many people so desperate to garner even a single vote for such a bad candidate. Just admit you guys chose poorly, (not that you had a lot to choose from, with 2 exceptions). Your loss in November will be easier to take that way.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Nope. Looking over this thread and others, you folks seem truly desperate to change the minds of those who choose not to vote the status quo and kick the disaster can down the road. I've never seen so many people so desperate to garner even a single vote for such a bad candidate.

It's nice that you stick around though, indicating your willingness to be educated.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's nice that you stick around though, indicating your willingness to be educated.
    I know all I need to know about your candidate of choice. Doubt you guys are going to come up with anything at all that will convince us to cast a vote for him. He's repugnant on too many levels.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I know all I need to know about your candidate of choice. Doubt you guys are going to come up with anything at all that will convince us to cast a vote for him. He's repugnant on too many levels.

“A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Completely.

Hmm, let me give it a second thought. You might have had a point. Perhaps Republicans *would* vote for Satan, given the chance. :rolleyes:

Imagine the productive things you could have done in the time it took you to compose that "clever" post. Rhetoric only serves to obstruct meaningful discussion.

I think this thread, like so many others about political candidates, has long abandoned meaningful discussion. Every thread that features similar topics, a member of the INGO anarchist league continues pretty much the same tripartite theme.

1. If you're not voting for <insert extremist libertarian anarchist nobody who everyone else thinks is nuts> you're voting for tyranny.
    2. The nobody candidate is only a nobody because non-libertarian anarchists are all sheep and have no principles.
    3. It doesn't matter that we're wasting our vote on a nobody because we've rationalized the devastating impact Obama has on this country away by saying that Republican = Democrat, unless of course the Republican is Ron Paul, the god of not Republican.
    On the other side, is our tired but mostly true (in my opinion) insistence that a vote for a third party nobody who has zero chance of winning is a vote to get to a worse place faster. To which the reply is best summarized, as "so?"

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Insults from a would be gun banner and supporter of tyranny mean little.

It wasn't an insult. That gets us no where. This thread is titled, Romney chooses Ryan. The OP states, for those Of you voting Romney.

Of course the thread is open to all, but primarily this thread is going to be filled with supporters of the Romney/Ryan ticket. Anyone who opens the thread, and gets past the initial post is here for one of two reasons. 1. To learn more. 2. To discredit the Romney/Ryan ticket in hopes to garner support for their candidate.

If you are truly here for #1, then as long as your participate you allow yourself to see a perspective that you may have never heard before, and likely wouldn't have seen on your own accord. The second you determine that you no longer need any more information, and that you've have closed your mind to any new information relative to the subject, it would be time to move on to another thread. By continuing to participate in the thread, after admitting you don't want to 'learn' then you are here for reason #2, and thats the desperate attempt to lull voters to your side of which you speak.

Regardless of my stance on the Assault Weapons ban, and as stated before, I'm absolutely against an assault weapons ban, but regardless of my inactive level of prevention, I continue to learn about how and why to prevent it in the future. They only way for me to learn, is to listen to an opposing view, with an open mind.

I've spent the last 3 days learning about the Johnson campaign. I do this so that when it comes time to cast the vote, I can clearly know why I'm making that best choice I can, with the available information I've had to that point.

Top Bottom