• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It is actually damaging to Capitalism to continue to propagate the lie that Romney is a Capitalist. He supports bailouts, state-run industries, and economic stimulus. He thinks that spending cuts cause depressions.

And class warfare? How do you think Federal Minimum Wage came about? Romney wants it to be raised at the same rate of inflation.

Painting him as a "Capitalist" makes Capitalism look horrible. It helps the anti-capitalists.

Just accept that 2 Corporatists are representing the 2 major parties.

The bolded parts need to be stressed.

Romney is a corporatist (for lack of a better term), he is out for himself and those who will pay him.

If he supported capitalism (and the free markets needed to actually support it), he would be against those things and for letting the free markets handle it.

Douchebag corporatists give Capitalists a bad name.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have a feeling that if Lucifer himself was nominated, Republicans would still find ways to support and defend him.

Mr. Lucifer, what is your stance on crime?

Lucifer: Death penalty.

Republicans: :yesway:

Mr. Lucifer, what is your economic plan?

Lucifer: The love of money is the root of economic prosperity... And evil...

Republicans: :spend:

Mr. Lucifer: What would be your stance on immigration?

Lucifer: Burn them all!

Republicans: :rockwoot:

Mr Lucifer, what are your religious views?

Lucifer: Well I did talk directly to Jesus on more than one occasion and I plan to again very shortly.

Republicans: :bowdown:

Sounds to me like he would be the perfect choice ;)

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    :lmfao: :rofl: :laugh:

Wait... Are you serious?

Completely.

Hmm, let me give it a second thought. You might have had a point. Perhaps Republicans *would* vote for Satan, given the chance. :rolleyes:

Imagine the productive things you could have done in the time it took you to compose that "clever" post. Rhetoric only serves to obstruct meaningful discussion.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Completely.

Hmm, let me give it a second thought. You might have had a point. Perhaps Republicans *would* vote for Satan, given the chance. :rolleyes:

Imagine the productive things you could have done in the time it took you to compose that "clever" post. Rhetoric only serves to obscure meaningful discussion.

IMO keeping political debates on the lighter side and allowing people to vent by joking around IS meaningful.

There is some truth to what I posted, hidden within the parody.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    IMO keeping political debates on the lighter side and allowing people to vent by joking around IS meaningful.

There is some truth to what I posted, hidden within the parody.

No more truth than what applies to people of *any* party designation. You took a sociological tendency that is not endemic to any particular political party or other classification of people, threw in Satan for some good ol' fashioned rhetorical spin, and plugged in "Republican".

It's like reading the opining of the Dormouse from Alice's tea party.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    No more truth than what applies to people of *any* party designation. You took a sociological tendency that is not endemic to any particular political party or other classification of people, threw in Satan for some good ol' fashioned rhetorical spin, and plugged in "Republican".

It's like reading the opining of the Dormouse from Alice's tea party.

Then ignore me. I couldn't care less.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Johnson has no chance at defeating Obama, Romney does. SO my vote is going to be for Romney. I threw it away on Ross Perot once...will never do that again.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Another Dormousesque quality. Just sayin'...

Which quality or literary character would you attribute to someone who has an avatar that says: "#gunvote 2012 Don't Risk Your Rights" then throws their support behind someone who has facilitated the permanent ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts?

The man who built his house on the sand comes to mind. Or two of the three little pigs :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Which quality or literary character would you attribute to someone who has an avatar that says: "#gunvote 2012 Don't Risk Your Rights" then throws their support behind someone who has facilitated the permanent ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts?

The man who built his house on the sand comes to mind. Or two of the three little pigs :dunno:

Git yer zingers here

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers

It's what the people of Massachusetts wanted, so that's what he delivered. For all the vitriol about politicians who get into office and ignore their constituencies, it's surprising how those same critics hold it against someone who actually represents those who elected them.

He clearly pledges his support of the 2A at this point and does so with enough conviction as to make me believe him. At the same time Obama is quite clear in his disdain for that same 2A, or any part of the Constitution, for that matter.

Sure, there may be more staunch gun rights candidates running, but the fact is that they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Obama. As someone else said, the turnaround we want to see in the White House isn't going to be completely achieved with this election, but Romney would be a significant step in that direction.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's what the people of Massachusetts wanted, so that's what he delivered. For all the vitriol about politicians who get into office and ignore their constituencies, it's surprising how those same critics hold it against someone who actually represents those who elected them.

He clearly pledges his support of the 2A at this point and does so with enough conviction as to make me believe him. At the same time Obama is quite clear in his disdain for that same 2A, or any part of the Constitution, for that matter.

Sure, there may be more staunch gun rights candidates running, but the fact is that they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Obama. As someone else said, the turnaround we want to see in the White House isn't going to be completely achieved with this election, but Romney would be a significant step in that direction.

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution ... or have failed their purpose ... or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

Another lunatic republican, Barry Goldwater

Top Bottom