• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Colt marked parts and Rifles do have great resell.
    But there are a lot of Great AR's out there to choose from. I have had Colts, Bushmasters(Older ones when it was family owned) EA's and PWA's. The PWA was a A1 lower. All of them I have had or have are older Pre ban stuff. Have not bought any new AR's for awhile.
    One thing I can say about Colts that is True-They have never made a Mil-Spec Lower for sale on the Civilian Market!

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    If your life will depend on the function of this weapon out of the box, you want the Colt. It has a 1/7 twist and will accuratley fire heavier bulllets. It also has chrome bore and chamber (although I think this is now an option on RRA). The BCG is staked, mpi, etc and hsould last longer. Just an all around more robust platform.

I think that its funny you use all these to suggest a Colt as RRA has all these and at a price which is far nicer than Colts.

Just get the cheaper, when is the last time you or any of us really leave anything stock outta the box.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have both colt preban & postban and rra, love'em both. But usually all it boils down to is the $$$$$. I havent had a problem with any of them. And each companys customer service has been very good from what ive found out. Just wish getting my Colts didnt break the bank, though like stated earlier the resale value is much higher with a Colt. But that doesnt bother me cause I dont plan on ever selling any of them!!!!

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    Thanks to everyone for the imput. This a much larger response than I ever thought I would get. Does anyone know anything about the Double Star brand AR's?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you're wanting the best "bang for your buck", and don't want to spend a lot of $$ or time customizing, I'd take a good long look at the Daniel Defense M4.

DSG Arms: Daniel Defense M4 Rifle

Toss a quality red-dot on that and you'll be off to the races.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Myself, I like Colt & HK (if they ever decide to get their act together on the new MR series). I do not have a RRA but have heard very good things about them.

Either a Colt or HK would be my first choice though.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The co. I work for will pay for a RR or Colt.

In that case, absolutely go with a colt. Nothing wrong with Rock Rivers, especially pricewise, but if you can get someone else to pay for a colt IMO it is a no-brainer. If you were buying it yourself, I would recommend LMT as your best gun for the money, but there is no way you can go wrong with a free colt.

Best,

Joe

Top Bottom