• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    I'm trying to figure out what is the better bang for your buck. Rock River or Colt? I'll be using it for range time and tactical scenario drills. I have a Bushmaster that I use for long range and don't want to change the set up for QCB. Before I go and buy another Bush, I thought I would see what some other shooters outside of my circle had to say. Thanks for the imput.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Between Colt and RRA, I'd take the latter for reasons already mentioned.

That said, there are several other manufacturers putting out excellent quality carbines worth considering. Daniel Defense, Smith & Wesson, LMT and Charles Daly Defense come immediately to mind.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Rock River is just one of those company's that really gets making a product for the retail market and backing it up with service. You call them for anything and you'll go away from it knowing your dollars are appreciated, Colt is hit or miss depending on who answers the phone. You can't beat Colt's resale if that matters on down the road. It really boils down to the dollars, lot's of quality choices these days well under Colt's pricing.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    If your life will depend on the function of this weapon out of the box, you want the Colt. It has a 1/7 twist and will accuratley fire heavier bulllets. It also has chrome bore and chamber (although I think this is now an option on RRA). The BCG is staked, mpi, etc and hsould last longer. Just an all around more robust platform. A 6920 or 6940 can be had for less than 1400 if you look around (I've seen less than 1200).

The RRA is a great choice for a recreational/hobby gun. RRA also makes an upper that will fire .458 SOCOM that is a legal deer cartridge in Indiana. The RRA (or any 2nd or 3rd tier rifle can be upgraded to a Colt, LMT, etc standards for 300-400 hundred bucks with some easily purchased and installed upgrade kits - see bravocompany or eagtactical).

Figure out what your needs are and get one!:ar15::D

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I own several RRA's and a couple Colt's in my personal collection and I have never had problems with either.

That being said, I have noticed that EVERYTHING Colt is way more expensive but in no way better quality.

I personally trust a RRA 5.56mm as my primary home defense weapon.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Between Colt and RRA, I'd take the latter for reasons already mentioned.

That said, there are several other manufacturers putting out excellent quality carbines worth considering. Daniel Defense, Smith & Wesson, LMT and Charles Daly Defense come immediately to mind.

I would add Noveske to that list.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    I hope everyone realizes that Colts released to the civis are mil/leo contract rejects.

RRA's can be ordered with 1/7 barrels with chrome'd chamber/bore, carriers are staked, etc.

I don't trust anything out of the box.

Top Bottom