ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 (owner satisfaction poll)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you or someone you know PERSONALLY been happy or unhappy with a RIA 1911?

• Total voters

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    A friend of mine just called me about his RIA. Hammer is falling on the pin when he cycles a round into battery off a fresh Mag. Sometimes runs 3 to 5 rds off at a time. Told him I could fix that for him but get the card out as "Good" parts aint cheap. I also told him if it runs full auto with out feed issues he has a good one....:)
    This gun has in excess of 2K out the pipe. It has ran well enough for him after he bought and tuned some good Mags for it. I polished the ramps and set the mag depth in it or it was just a paper weight.
    Now we get to put some Wilson or Brown parts in it.
    you think a new gi would be a good project gun? im the type that cant leave anything alone i love another project to set next to my savage.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    LOL That's why I stay away from her gun shop. :D
    Fair warning:
    A couple days ago, I was cop-bashing at work.
    Now to most of you mamby pamby jackwagons, that means "talking bad about...". Nope. I mean actual bashing.
    An INGO cop came in and started making all kinds of girly slurs, so I slugged him.
    TKO
    Oh, snap.

Let that be a lesson to all of ya.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Fair warning:
    Now to most of you mamby pamby jackwagons, that means "talking bad about...". Nope. I mean actual bashing.
    An INGO cop came in and started making all kinds of girly slurs, so I slugged him.
    TKO
    Oh, snap.

Some people just don't listen. I hope it left a mark.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Fair warning:
    TKO
    Oh, snap.

I figured you never joined the bra burning fems, you kept yours so you could choke people with it. :ingo:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A friend of mine just called me about his RIA. Hammer is falling on the pin when he cycles a round into battery off a fresh Mag. Sometimes runs 3 to 5 rds off at a time. Told him I could fix that for him but get the card out as "Good" parts aint cheap. I also told him if it runs full auto with out feed issues he has a good one....:)
    This gun has in excess of 2K out the pipe. It has ran well enough for him after he bought and tuned some good Mags for it. I polished the ramps and set the mag depth in it or it was just a paper weight.
    Now we get to put some Wilson or Brown parts in it.
    Your friend has impeccable timing.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had 2 RIAs over the years an currently have a Citadel. I haven't had a minutes trouble out of any of them. Would defiantly buy another.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Had two no problems with either shot great but ended up trading off but would buy another. American Classic just a little better finish and trigger pull.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Your friend has impeccable timing.

Yes he does. I should see it today or tomorrow. Tear down and inspect. Most likely get a match grade hammer and sear kit from our good friends at Brownells. He was talking crazy :poop: like a trigger up grade and all the rest. Nothing like hot rodding a Rambler..........:)

No flame throwers please. I had a buddy that owned a seriously Hot Rodded Rambler. Build and use what you have. Enjoy it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes he does. I should see it today or tomorrow. Tear down and inspect. Most likely get a match grade hammer and sear kit from our good friends at Brownells. He was talking crazy :poop: like a trigger up grade and all the rest. Nothing like hot rodding a Rambler..........:)

No flame throwers please. I had a buddy that owned a seriously Hot Rodded Rambler. Build and use what you have. Enjoy it.
    Barring some other issues pending inspection I think an upgrade with quality hammer and sear kit parts should make for a good shooter again. As for the Rambler part, I had one in my youth and it was pretty much just a Rambler. It got me from point A to B.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Barring some other issues pending inspection I think an upgrade with quality hammer and sear kit parts should make for a good shooter again. As for the Rambler part, I had one in my youth and it was pretty much just a Rambler. It got me from point A to B.

That's my feelings. I will check it completely as they do have issue with the firing pins after a few K rds as well. He is ready to put the parts in it. He shot one of my hot rodded SA loaded's recently and is aware of the differences in the platforms. I may do the rails/bushing/slide fit on it depending on how much he wants to feed his addiction.

I use the Rambler statement as I feel these guns are exactly that....Ramblers. Utilitarian in there use.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

Then you have to pay sales tax!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tend yo use midway, just make sure it's not sent "sure post".

I have to admit that I have used Mid-way in the past but just lean towards Brownells. I have the specific catalogs for 1911's/AR's and the big book of everything. I also know it is a bit more to use the big B but habits are hard to break.
    If I call them with specific questions/needs I have always gotten an answer.

Top Bottom