ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 (owner satisfaction poll)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you or someone you know PERSONALLY been happy or unhappy with a RIA 1911?

• Total voters

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Ive been spurred on on by the latest post about RIA 1911s, and want to see a chart, to bring into focus, the overall satisfaction with them.

Dont lie, if you dont like them, but have no real grounds for it, THATS FINE.. But if your not an owner or former owner of a RIA 1911, or dont personally know someone who is/was, you have no business contributing here.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I bought one from their sister company, Citadel (made in the same house, I believe). Love it. Goes bang every time I squeeze the trigger, spot on for accuracy, couldn't ask for more for what I paid for it. Is it as nice as a $1400 Les Baer, or a $1300 Kimber? No, it is not as pretty, but does the exact same job, and if I scratch it up carrying it, who cares!

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    I own two Government Models. One in 45 and the other is setup as a switch barrel 9mm Para/38 Super (I use Starline's 38 Super Comp which is a rimless 38 Super case). I love taking them to the range.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    The one I owned was terrible. When folks ask, i usually tell them my first firearm was a revolver because i dont want them to run off and think RIA makes great beginner firearms(had that happen once). The over-all quality of the machine work was horrible, the fit was lousy, the sand casting was absolutely crap because i could see what was left of the "orange peel" everywhere i looked. As i recall, I could hear the hammer rocking back and forth everywhere I went when I carried it too.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I have a RIA 1911A1 with VZ grips. It has been flawless after about 2000 rounds through it. Goes bang everytime, no feed or eject problems and is pretty accurate.

Dirty Steve

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not an owner, or even a former owner, but I started the other thread mainly wanting to know one thing.

How does the "Armscor" RIA compare to the NON-Armscor RIA?

Is it like the Marlin/Remington fiasco?

cakelly1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Columbus
    I've had mine for 4+ years. It wouldn't feed 200grSWC ,but had the feed ramp ad throat polished ad now it loves them. By the way I use this gun in USPSA.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Friday morning at 8:35 and I see on the poll that ONE in EIGHT have had problems. That's on the extremely low side of the Happy Scale. I hope RIA gets the hint that their customer satisfaction is in the tank. 1 out of 8 is not good? Or is that 7 out of 8 are good? I'm trying to find a way to make the #s look good.

Top Bottom