• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have owned two RIA's. I should not have sold them! I will be buying more in the coming months. Great guns and I never had one problem out of either one and I highly recommend them. I currently own an American Classic II. If you can find one, I would suggest getting it if you can.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Rock Island is a good value entry level 1911.
    Good shooters to for the most part.
    If you don't have 1911 experience though, Don't shoot a Rock Island and think that is how a high end 1911 shoots and feels :)
    Having said that, I do like the RIA's I have owned and would buy others. I did have a Tactical that had issues out of the box but I believe I have owned 3 besides that one and they were all good guns.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I held a tactical model and was amazed by the feel and balance. I compared it side by side with a springfield loaded and the trigger pull was just as good. Though there are differences between the two, the rock island is probably the better value at 2/3 the price.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    RIA was my first pistol. It shoots FMJ of any brand just fine. Punches big holes in paper targets and yields countless hours of fun as puzzle you can take apart and put back together. Mine has served as a very reliable range gun and I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    they are an excellant gun .

Wife was very pleased with hers, I was very pleased with mine, my best friend was very pleased with his, my step-father is very pleased with his. Kind of a broken record, there :)

They are great guns. Functional, accurate, IMHO one of the best dollar values on the gun market today.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I have one too. I had been looking for a .45, not any particular model, and this one came up and I couldn't get to it fast enough. I try to make it out at least twice a month and run a hundred or so rounds through it. I had one issue with a FTE, and after some precise cleaning, it never happened again.

Has fired any ammo I have fed it, again with no problems.

If you find one, snatch it up. But before you do, check to be sure your not being cleaned on the price. They can be found for $350 used to $450 new.

Top Bottom