Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Does anybody have a website for RIA?

My google search couldn't find me the manufacturer website:dunno:

The website is Armscor Precision: Firearms, Ammunition, and Components

BUT, Google has identified it as a potentially unsafe website: "This warning message appears with search results we've identified as sites that may install malicious software on your computer."

I've been to the site before without any problems...but I figured I'd mention the Google warning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a RIA Compact and am very happy with it. It has about 450 rounds through it and has been both accurate and reliable. It's certainly not a light weight pistol, but it is a nice gun for the money.

Oldcoyotedream

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    West Side Indy
    Here is mine, I have had it 4 years. Love it, flawless shooting and not afraid it's going to get scratched. Bought it new and up graded it a little as I went. It's funny that you can spend $325 on a new Rock, add to it and you investment goes up, add to my Colt and the investment seems to go down:dunno:

picture.php

picture.php

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    i have seen and handled a ria 1911 and they seem to be a really solid simple and great looking 1911 at a good price, im planning on getting my hands on one soon

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I've definitely been interested in purchasing a 1911 in the very near future. Was considering either a Taurus or Rock Island 1911 as an affordable entry into the 1911 fascination. Was leaning towards the Taurus. Is anyone able to give an idea of how the two compare against each other? So far most seem very positive of RIA.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    There's a GREAT article in Guns & Patriots (GunsandPatriots@email.humanevents.com) Volume 2, Number 20 comparing the RI .45 with the Wilson Combat. It's a good article, well thought out and good comparisons.

I've been debating whether or not to re-introduce a .45 to the home stable and after reading this, I will probably look at the Rock Island's .45's and try to shoot one if possible.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've had both. While the Rock is a great gun...the Taurus is much better. IMO...of course.

I would expect the Taurus to be nicer, it costs half again as much :) I've not shot the Taurus, but it is better looking, and feels smoother when operating the slide and such. The Taurus is a great bang for the dollar deal in and of itself, with lots of very nice touches that would cost an awful lot more on most guns.

Cathy's Rock was a great gun, I liked mine for the short time I had it, my friend loved his, my step-father loves his. All proved to be reliable, accurate guns. If the Taurus is as functional and accurate as the Rocks, I'd buy it in a heartbeat with it's finer finish and operation.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I would expect the Taurus to be nicer, it costs half again as much :) I've not shot the Taurus, but it is better looking, and feels smoother when operating the slide and such. The Taurus is a great bang for the dollar deal in and of itself, with lots of very nice touches that would cost an awful lot more on most guns.

Cathy's Rock was a great gun, I liked mine for the short time I had it, my friend loved his, my step-father loves his. All proved to be reliable, accurate guns. If the Taurus is as functional and accurate as the Rocks, I'd buy it in a heartbeat with it's finer finish and operation.
    Actually the top of the line Rock is less than $100 lower than a Taurus.

Rock Island Armory 1911 Tactical Compact 45

Taurus 1911 Pistol, Blue W/Picatinny Rails

Top Bottom