• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you open and conceal carry are you only half an attention whore?

My question: why is it that you are only an attention whore when you open carry and NOT when you put a video of yourself on the Internet?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are many more sheep than sheep dogs (us), and the sheep vote too. Scare the sheep and herd will act en-mass.

I personally have better luck changing minds with rational conversation vs demonstration. Once the sheep get emotional, it does not matter what you say, they will never hear you. Demonstration tends to get them all emotional.

The sheep demonstrate all the time. Why can't we?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'll offer only one brief thought on this thread: I think it is is very disappointing when the gun-owning community confuses and distorts several very different concepts: (a) what is legal, (b) what is smart (tactically/socially/politically) and (c) what they personally prefer. I don't ever engage in the debate about (b) & (c). I have my own thoughts and I respect yours. But when anyone in a position of authority screws up on (a), which impacts the rights of law-abiding gun owners, my job is to hold them accountantable.

Guy

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'll offer only one brief thought on this thread: I think it is is very disappointing when the gun-owning community confuses and distorts several very different concepts: (a) what is legal, (b) what is smart (tactically/socially/politically) and (c) what they personally prefer. I don't ever engage in the debate about (b) & (c). I have my own thoughts and I respect yours. But when anyone in a position of authority screws up on (a), which impacts the rights of law-abiding gun owners, my job is to hold them accountantable.

Guy

Hear hear!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Guy

and that's the bottom line.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Directly from the FBI's latest published data (2010) of the 38 Law Enforcement officers killed by handguns that year, 7 were killed by their own firearms (18.4%).

7 killed by there own own firearms is hardly routine. As stated earlier, the deaths from motorcycle crashes is an equal number. Maybe we should also discourage open riding.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Guy

Well said, Guy. Thanks for boiling it all down for us.

Top Bottom