• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That would be me apparently via my email inquiring as to the closing:

"Closed thread regarding name calling on page two and nine? :dunno:

Page two referred to what the video creators called half of your forum members and I saw nothing degrading about page nine? :dunno: Might there have been a mix up? Shall we ban any mention of these two self-proclaimed "professionals" as well since they like to call everyone here names based on their opinion?"

This thread never really got "hostile" or infracted the rules much if at all (unless you count the "professionals" calling us all here names.) No cesspool here to worry about. :dunno:

If you recall she stated she saw 40 posts per page. So for one of us to skip from page 2 to 9 we wouldn't be looking at same posts as she.

Scutter, unless the entire thead is read I can't see where the cesspool is. Unless there's an insult in between the lines... or just something I'm not seeing (entirely possible)

Would you or her offer an explanation?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If you recall she stated she saw 40 posts per page. So for one of us to skip from page 2 to 9 we wouldn't be looking at same posts as she.

Scutter, unless the entire thead is read I can't see where the cesspool is. Unless there's an insult in between the lines... or just something I'm not seeing (entirely possible)

Would you or her offer an explanation?

Based off the response I received I would refrain from asking this. Do not ask me to share it as slandering a mod would be unecessary and unethical, IMO. :twocents:

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Not sure how many people noticed the comment about the time and place to open carry in the video. Pincus and Yeager were talking about urban carry. I happen to agree with them in concealing in a urban environment. But that is my personal preference and if someone else wants to OC in the city, more power to them. I just choose not to do so.

As for being out in the woods during hunting season, I will open carry. That is the only time that I do so. But again, my choices and my preferences.

I absolutely agree that those that need training should get it. Those that are making a spectacle of themselves for the sake of boosting their ratings on youtube and taunting the authorities are as*clowns.

Just my two :twocents: so take it for what it is worth. Either way you carry your firearm, practice and train accordingly.

Honestly, my main issue was that there are a group of people who are trying to make a difference by taking the opportunity to educate by open carrying (then filming the LEO response) in areas where it may not be popular. Now, if they're doing to make cops look like dweebs, maybe they need lessons in tactics, but to broad-stroke all of those "silent protesters" as "Ass-Hats" is beyond the pale, and elitist. Personally, I probably would feel uncomfortable in the projects open-carrying, and that action would likely be dangerous to my health, but those folks he's talking about weren't trying to **** off urban folks, most of them were educating other owners on what to do when confronted by a LEO, and maybe educating some LEOs along the way. That's just not my definition of the title he so willingly dubbed on them.

BTW, got banned from the Tactial Response page too...I'll miss them...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    First: Its not slander, if its true.

Secondly: I would hope that slandering anyone to be unnecessary and unethical.
    Under these circumstances it would be even more so. I could not think of a better word to fit the situation to be quite honest (slander). Being a mod is a position of leadership for this "organization." As a leader, it is their responsibility to maintain a level of professionalism that is beyond repute when representing the "organization." Ordinarily, I would be the first to call out unprofessional behavior from those in leadership positions (especially considering my education and background.) In this case though, the "leaders" actions while they are representory of the "group" they were at least made in privacy and not in the public eye. Me dragging it into the public eye would be no more credible or ethical than any possibly "negative" actions taken by other parties. As a leader (not necessarily this organization) I hold myself to a higher standard than that. Otherwise, good point(s) though.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Someone managed to royally **** off Spasmo regarding this thread. If you knew her, you'd know how incredibly hard that is to do, but they sure went out of their way to do it. I'm ignoring any further reported posts about this thread. You guys want to wallow in a cesspool, that's just fine with me. I'm done with it.
    How the hell did they manage to do that?!

I have been trying to **** here off for several years and I don't think I have managed to get past just the mildly annoyance level yet... :popcorn:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Under these circumstances it would be even more so. I could not think of a better word to fit the situation to be quite honest (slander). Being a mod is a position of leadership for this "organization." As a leader, it is their responsibility to maintain a level of professionalism that is beyond repute when representing the "organization." Ordinarily, I would be the first to call out unprofessional behavior from those in leadership positions (especially considering my education and background.) In this case though, the "leaders" actions while they are representory of the "group" they were at least made in privacy and not in the public eye. Me dragging it into the public eye would be no more credible or ethical than any possibly "negative" actions taken by other parties. As a leader (not necessarily this organization) I hold myself to a higher standard than that. Otherwise, good point(s) though.
    Would this apply to a mod seemingly overreacting and using their authority just because someone "pissed them off"?

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Actual, unedited quote of James' email to me...

I didn’t get where I am by succumbing to the wants of the mob.

I stand by every word I said.

I refuse to apologize.

Those people weren’t going to train with me anyway.

I have weathered more than one storm. I will still be here after it passes.

Have a good day.

Ummm...Yeah...Okay.

:nuts:

:stickpoke:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

I refuse to apologize.

Have a good day.

Ummm...Yeah...Okay.

Wish there was a smilie for a swelled head. :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I refuse to apologize.

Have a good day.

Ummm...Yeah...Okay.

Typical Yeager fashion. "Don't question me or my tactics. If you are not a fanboi then I don't have time for your meaningless drivel" :rolleyes:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    1911's don't work for all the many years they have been in service, yet we won many wars...interesting...

first of all, pistols don't win wars.

second, his gripe was with production line 1911's he saw in his classes that broke all the time. Video was aimed at his haters.

Funny how he didn't remove comments or boot people over that video. Just shows why he made it.

Top Bottom