• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Well, here we are again, filling out an AAR for one of Redneckmedic's classes. This time it was a CPR class, and the first class that RNM has done with INGO members for a fee. I first want to thank him for the two free trauma classes that he has already put together. Next, I want to thank him for providing this class at a discounted rate for INGO members. The cost of the class was $52, and everyone in the class is certified in CPR for the next two years. That is a great deal, as anyone who has looked at prices for these classes can tell you.

The class started at 10:00 at the Mt. Comfort fire department, the same place as the trauma classes. I think that we had about eight or nine people show up, which out of eleven who signed up wasn't too bad. The class was scheduled for four hours, and we went just a little long. It's hard to plan out the length of these types of classes, and with all of the great discussions that we had I feel that the extra time was well worth it.

From the class, we learned:

• Adult CPR
    • Child CPR
    • Infant CPR
    • Adult/Child choking (not how to choke someone, but how to administer the Heimlich Maneuver properly).
    • Infant choking, or how to dislodge objects that an infant has placed in their mouth and is obstructing the airway.
    • Proper use of AEDs (automated external defibrillator)
    We also covered implied consent, duty to act, and Good Samaritan laws.

All in all, this was a great class. Everyone should know these skills, especially those who have young children or infants at home. Also, anyone who has teenagers who might want to do baby-sitting to earn extra money, this would be a great class for those people as well.

The CPR is a prerequisite to the next class that RNM is going to do about First Aid. He can tell more about that class and how it differs from the trauma classes that he's already done. What I know is that you are then certified in First Aid after you take the class.

Thanks to RNM for putting on this class, and to everyone who came and made it possible.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I had a great time today, and am very happy with the results of the skill preformed.
    I have to admit, CPR isn't as exciting as the Trauma Class, however, just as important, if not more. Thanks again for everyone who attended.

CPRClass.jpg

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Excellent and informative course. Common sense approach, well presented and useful. Thanks, Redneckmedic . . . and keep us posted on the First Aid course when you are ready to go . . .

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    I enjoyed the course and was surprised to see how much of the thinking and the science has changed over the years.

I strongly recommend that anyone who hasn't had a CPR/Live saving course in the last couple of years take one.

Thanks for providing the class and discount RNM,

Lynn Smith

Top Bottom