• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvian, there are LOTS of Neo-Nazis in California. Lots. And nice Blues Brothers reference.

I guess in my mind I think more about Hippies than Nazis when I think about California but you must have every kind there.
    Ah, I wasn't sure anyone would catch that Blues Brothers reference! ;)

And I find it fascinating how you can display Nazi flags in the States, not something we can do it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess in my mind I think more about Hippies than Nazis when I think about California but you must have every kind there.

And I find it fascinating how you can display Nazi flags in the States, not something we can do it.

I know in Germany it's illegal, but I had no idea it was illegal in France too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I know in Germany it's illegal, but I had no idea it was illegal in France too.

It is illegal to display swastika signs in public, or wear German military uniforms of WW2 era.
    I saw a guy get arrested during a traffic stop because he had a jacket on his back seat, with a swastika on it, visible from the outside.

I saw people selling Nazi flags at WW2 events too, the fold it in such a way that it's not too visible and the police usually don't say anything.
    But in that case it's just people collecting historical things, I don't think it has anything to do with racism or neo-Nazism.
    It's just silly that a vendor can have US flags for that era for sell, or a GI knife, but not a SS knife or Nazi flag.

That's some pics I took at the last event.

200e5j5.jpg

xct3lx.jpg

It's only ok for museums to display I think.It's borderline legal for private collectors.

Some companies who sell model kits of WW2 German airplanes and such will sell them without the swastika stickers for the European market.
    Some Polish companies even make you assemble two stickers to create one since technically "half swastikas" are not illegal.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ya know...

I was going to try to post something witty or cynical or whatnot but I just cannot do it.

This stupidity is beyond the pale.

I am honestly ashamed of how pathetic we have become.

Doug

PS - Happy Thanksgiving.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It is illegal to display swastika signs in public, or wear German military uniforms of WW2 era.
    I saw a guy get arrested during a traffic stop because he had a jacket on his back seat, with a swastika on it, visible from the outside.

I saw people selling Nazi flags at WW2 events too, the fold it in such a way that it's not too visible and the police usually don't say anything.
    But in that case it's just people collecting historical things, I don't think it has anything to do with racism or neo-Nazism.
    It's just silly that a vendor can have US flags for that era for sell, or a GI knife, but not a SS knife or Nazi flag.

That's some pics I took at the last event.

200e5j5.jpg

xct3lx.jpg

It's only ok for museums to display I think.It's borderline legal for private collectors.

Some companies who sell model kits of WW2 German airplanes and such will sell them without the swastika stickers for the European market.
    Some Polish companies even make you assemble two stickers to create one since technically "half swastikas" are not illegal.

France had a big part of 2 generations of their men mowed down in 2 wars, as I'm sure you know better than I.
    I figure that might buy them a little latitude on that issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    France had a big part of 2 generations of their men mowed down in 2 wars, as I'm sure you know better than I.
    I figure that might buy them a little latitude on that issue.

Keep in mind, that it's highly illegal in Germany too. ANYTHING associated with the Nazi's is highly verboten. When I dedicated myself to learning German, I started out first with the national anthem. Little did I know, that the since the first verse is recognized as the Nazi version, despite it existing pre-Reich, you don't sing it. The song starts with the second verse. So yes, I can sing the national anthem of Nazi German.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I'm trying to find it, but there was a news article recently about a guy in germany giving the nazi salute, and a cop came out of nowhere and arrested him.

I'll try to find it.

-edit-

Nevermind, wasn't a news article, it was something I saw on imgur.

Nope - Imgur

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't know. You don't know. They don't know.

They saw a clever way to make a good -ism equate to a bad -ism and that was that.

That Riker slow clap meme was from an episode called "Schisms"... Yeah, I'm that much of an STTNG geek. Subliminal coincidence?

EDIT: Ha, found it! The slow clap is embedded within Lieutenant Commander Data's rendition of "Ode to Spot". Cat lovers will find this poem delightful:

[video=youtube;SySZdvsFYt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SySZdvsFYt4[/video]

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ya know...

I was going to try to post something witty or cynical or whatnot but I just cannot do it.

This stupidity is beyond the pale.

I am honestly ashamed of how pathetic we have become.

Doug

PS - Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh. It's not we. It's not me. I'm sure it's not you. It's not most Americans.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

We have a 1st amendment, they dont. I think that is probably the reason. I'm sure the lefties here would have things banned like that pretty quickly if they could.

Im curious Sylvain, What exactly is the significance of that right hand flag? I recognize the center one, but have never seen the other before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm trying to find it, but there was a news article recently about a guy in germany giving the nazi salute, and a cop came out of nowhere and arrested him.

I'll try to find it.

-edit-

Nevermind, wasn't a news article, it was something I saw on imgur.

Nope - Imgur

Oh, that's well known in Germany. You give a salute, in public, and locals will probably beat your ***, and when the police arrive, they'll beat on you some more, and then take you to jail. Mostly it's dumb travelers that do it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Leftist open-carry in Austin, Texas

occcmzlrasyx.jpg

What do they have against the black panthers? That seems pretty racist in and of itself.

We have a 1st amendment, they dont. I think that is probably the reason. I'm sure the lefties here would have things banned like that pretty quickly if they could.

HA! Have you ever heard of the Confederate flag?

Top Bottom