• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Woohoo. Got to practice some zen of bolt action this morning at MCF&G with 88. Fantastic morning. None of my groups were worth mentioning, but shot about a dozen lollipops, ran both rifles and had a really good time... :cool:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Woohoo. Got to practice some zen of bolt action this morning at MCF&G with 88. Fantastic morning. None of my groups were worth mentioning, but shot about a dozen lollipops, ran both rifles and had a really good time... :cool:

I'm jealous!
    I can't believe I've been retired 6 weeks and I haven't made it out to MCF&G yet.
    It was suggested that I go and watch a steel match before going to shoot and intended to do just that.
    Andy had already put me through the paces months ago as an "orientation" and I've wanted to follow through with that.
    Just like I'm out of state now, I have been gone or had other things come up earlier.
    When not working it easy to think: next week or next month. :dunno:
    46th Anniversary coming up soon, so another delay in the hobby pursuit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I used to find excuses to not go out to MCF&G, but now I go anytime it's remotely convenient. Pretty much any Saturday or Sunday they don't have events scheduled, I try to run out and spend an hour shooting. Pretty nice way to start a day, especially if I have coffee with me so I can sit out and enjoy nature while sipping my go juice... ;)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have caught the madness. I just bought a Ruger 10/22 at Cabela's today. $214 plus tax. My first rifle, it goes nicely with my Ruger Mark IV.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Today I had a chance to sight in the Henry Golden Boy with the newly installed Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 rimfire scope and follow up with my standard accuracy testing at 50 yards. The results are much better than expected and should improve further once I get a cheek riser/rest. The chin weld is doable, but does cause some neck strain after an extended range session. I am pleased with the Leupold scope.

Onto the results. Once again with this rifle, the top 3 were Aguila SV, CCI SV and Wolf Match Target. I accidentally shot the CCI with 6 shots instead of 5, so had I not done that the CCI probably would have came out on top again. I think with an actual cheek weld on the stock and a little more time with the rifle I could get a little closer to 1 moa accuracy out of it.

Aguila SV = 0.693"
    CCI SV = 0.774"
    Wolf Match Target = 0.975"

attachment.php

Interesting how similar the order of accuracy matches with the iron sights and the scope.

attachment.php

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Most everything is set out and mags are loaded for a range trip tomorrow. I'll be practicing for Monday's NRL22 match.

25, 35, 50, 75 and 100 yards this time. Targets from 1/4" to 5". With a target as small as 2" at 100 yds I'll have to have my hold overs dead on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom