• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not to take away from the 9 year old's achievement, but when daddy spends the ~$10,000 (???) on the equipment, sets it up, sights it in and puts me behind the trigger, I'm guessing I'd have a fair chance at hits as well.

I totaled up 7k there pretty quick with rough numbers. You may not be far off the real total.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Was out at MCF&G for about 30 minutes sighting in the new scope.

klCxZ3oh.jpg

Best groups:

DOHZqTHh.jpg

Didn't have time to go out to 100 yards, but so far I'm pretty happy with the results.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Saw one of these yesterday. Ruger 10/96. News to me, didn't know about them. But pretty neat! The stock looked to be much nicer wood and finish than the typical birch 10/22, might have been an older rifle.
    Not smart enough to get a pic, this from the web.

iDCLSd8.jpg
    [/IMG]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Saw one of these yesterday. Ruger 10/96. News to me, didn't know about them. But pretty neat! The stock looked to be much nicer wood and finish than the typical birch 10/22, might have been an older rifle.
    Not smart enough to get a pic, this from the web.

iDCLSd8.jpg
    [/IMG]

Very cool and rare rifles!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Not to take away from the 9 year old's achievement, but when daddy spends the ~$10,000 (???) on the equipment, sets it up, sights it in and puts me behind the trigger, I'm guessing I'd have a fair chance at hits as well.

Your fundamentals better be good... but I get what you're saying. I'm pretty obsessed with longer range 22LR, but I thought my goal of getting out to 500 was going to be tough (I don't have enough MOA in my optic/base for 500 and might end up with a TARAC A if I can't find another solution and that gives me enough elevation).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wtb....just get some calipers and measure outside to outside and then deduct one hole's diameter.

Okay, using that method, it's .33, .32 and .31 on the three that were the best. The one single hole I measured was right at .20, instead of the .22 I usually use when doing edge to edge.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Wtb....just get some calipers and measure outside to outside and then deduct one hole's diameter.

This works if you are using an actual hole's "diameter" and not the bullet's diameter. Measuring several .22lr holes by measuring the outside of the blackened area gave me measurements from .17"-.20" today.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I spent several hours at the range today testing more ammo and settled on sighting my Kidd 1022 based rifle in with SK Long Range Match ammo at 50 yards. I then figured my holdovers for NRL22 by firing at 25, 75, 90 and 100 yards.

I also fired SK Rifle Match, SK Long Range Match and Lapua Midas + over a chrono to find their actual velocity's through my 18" barreled rifle. I lost the data for SK RM but is was very close to the Lapua Midas + which averaged 1047 FPS while SK LRM averaged 1108 FPS.

Best 5 shot groups of the day...

SK Rifle Match at 50 yards...

96ACcDn.jpg

SK Long Range Match at 50 yards while refining scope adjustments (shot counter clockwise from upper right)...

bvIDRLa.jpg

...and a couple of hasty SK LRM groups at 100 yards shot while refining my holdover...

7OSsJKH.jpg

I am very happy with the SK LRM ammo.

I'm starting to like this rifle.:D

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The SK Long Range Match seems to be what that rifle was looking for. It came recommenced by a couple of other guys at the NRL22 match. It was the 100 yard groups that I put little effort into that really caught my attention.

Top Bottom