• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Go buy a tx22 now. Thing ate everything I fed it. It got an all day workout a hiccup.

UBFLG7X.jpg

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.

Go buy a tx22 now. Thing ate everything I fed it. It got an all day workout a hiccup.

Some new and interesting rimfar options happening. The Ruger Wrangler looks sweet too and I will likely wind up with one in time. The CP33 and the TX22 both look
    like useful fun and I've heard and read and watched good reviews of each. But after all the Mark iv fun I'm tapped now and can't justify another purchase, even with my stellar ability to justify almost any new gun. I'm starting to get the bolt action itch too so there's that.

This thread is interesting, enlightening and fun. And dangerous!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Some new and interesting rimfar options happening. The Ruger Wrangler looks sweet too and I will likely wind up with one in time. The CP33 and the TX22 both look
    like useful fun and I've heard and read and watched good reviews of each. But after all the Mark iv fun I'm tapped now and can't justify another purchase, even with my stellar ability to justify almost any new gun. I'm starting to get the bolt action itch too so there's that.

This thread is interesting, enlightening and fun. And dangerous!

Since you mentioned a bolt gun :whistle:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/468814-rimfire-bolt-action-question.html

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    a8c77dcb077fc377d1b3413ec61f265c.jpg

Nothing too exciting, but this is what I worked on earlier and shot this weekend. I shot FNS and Steel Challenge with it and I like it a lot. It looks stock, but it’s not ;)

The TK performance pack gets a thumbs up. The only malfunction I had was from a brand new sticky magazine. I may get stupid and have the barrel fluted and put on 1911 grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Depending on the cost of having the barrel fluted and re-finished, it may be advantageous to consider find a used Hunter barrel if you want a longer sight radius as well (6.88” barrel) or of the uppers from TacSol (4.5” or 6” lengths).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Made a minor improvement to the RPR and installed a BCM gunfighter grip. The BCM grip normally has a tab that extends over the trigger guard, but it didn't line up properly on the RPR and created an unsightly gap, so I removed it and blended that area. I like the grip angle of these 1000 times more than the traditional grip angle that AR pistol grips have. I think the rifle looks better as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Purchased a used Henry Golden Boy .22LR from another Ingo'er recently and made a trip to the range yesterday with plans to perform an accuracy test. Using my small 1" orange dots at 50 yards was not working well for me with the factory irons, so after sighting in I decided to delay that until a better sighting setup was figured out. My initial thought was to buy the Henry scope mount and add my beloved Hawke scope with Warne rings on it, but then I'd need a cheek riser for the stock. I ditched that idea for several reasons. I don't think the matte black finish and the larger size of the scope would look right on the gun and adding the cheek riser would also take away from the natural beauty of the rifle. So I looked at the Skinner rear peep sights and was fairly close to going that route, but was hesitant for a few reasons. One of them being that you'll basically have to guess what height front sight you will need or shoot with their rear peep to see if your factory one will work or not. At a bare minimum the rear peep is $48 - $75 to get started.

After looking at the factory rear sight blade insert I got an idea. The insert is removable and held by a screw that clamps the blade in place, this is how you fine tune your elevation. Also the blade can be flipped over for a wider/larger "u" notch or a smaller "v" notch. I decided to use neither option. After some looking around in the house & garage, I found my SW bolt face depth tool that was sent to check my M&P15-22. Sure enough, it was the correct thickness metal and almost the correct width. So I drilled a 0.125" hole (same aperture size as the Skinner rear sight) and made my own rear peep blade. I think it turned out fairly well and it was free, so if it doesn't work well I'm out nothing. My one concern is that I know from experience with other peep sights I've used that the area surrounding the hole is not just a flat surface, it's dished somehow. I assume to keep light from reflecting and to help your eye view through the hole better. I generally do well with peep sights, so I'm optimistic that this will be an improvement.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That’s genius T-Dogg!
    Thanks!

I made some different targets for the accuracy test though. These ones have 2" black circles spread apart a little further from each other and will be easier to see at 50 yards with irons. The 1" bright orange stickers are great for scope use, but suck at distance when used on white target paper.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Thanks!

I made some different targets for the accuracy test though. These ones have 2" black circles spread apart a little further from each other and will be easier to see at 50 yards with irons. The 1" bright orange stickers are great for scope use, but suck at distance when used on white target paper.

I agree- genius and ingenious too. Function from creativity, well done! Let us know how it works for you.
    I hope to get a Golden Boy someday.

Top Bottom