• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Abortion has zip to do with the body of the mother, and everything to do with murder of the completely separate body of the unborn child. So, yes: keep the government's hands off of ALL bodies, including the body of the innocent unborn.

Zip to do with the mother's body? You just said in an earlier post that you'd allow it if the mother's life was in jeopardy. If it's nothing about the mother then her health is irrelevant.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    As mentioned earlier, the delineation of so-called "Right" and "Left" wing is a ruse to divide and conquer the masses. A window into my personal views - pro unborn life (or anti-abortion if you like), pro gun (anti-fist, well if that's all I had I guess I'd use it), Biblically-based principled living (construe that to mean anti-IslamHinduJudaismNewAgeismNarcissism et al. if you wish), anti government-defined "marriage" (Marriage is an act of the church, never should be government regulated,so pro gay civil union, I suppose) and guess what, I DO NOT HAVE TO CONVINCE YOU OF YOUR INCORRECT BELIEFS! :) I am, however very willing to have an adult discussion about our views, no matter how far apart they may seem. Meaningful earnest discussion has lead to the adjustment of some of my personal beliefs.

I do feel the passion of those going to bat for the unborn life, yet discussions like these rarely escape frequent hyperbole and false dichotomies. "So you are against ALL abortions?!" Yes, personally I am, but that is just a distraction. I work in health care, and frequently care for people who have chosen to end an unborn life, and treat them exactly the same way I do the Nun in the room next to them. They are still human, prone to mistakes, likely misguided and wandering, but it truly could have been a rational cognizant decision. Not my place to judge, I believe the Big Guy upstairs is all over that.

In summary, I don't care if you are right left up down purple blue or 9 wing, I am likely to agree with you on some things and disagree in other areas. I will also vote for people and laws that best represent my personal beliefs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Personally, I don't think that pro-life people actually think abortion is "murder." They just want to use the most harsh word they can.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I don't think that pro-life people actually think abortion is "murder." They just want to use the most harsh word they can.

Eh. Terminating the life of a living, feeling person... that's ... that's pretty much murder.

Seems like hiding behind "omg women's rights, stay away from my body" is another harsh approach to draw up outrage.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So a career abortion doctor is a mass murderer?

A career abortion doctor, performing nothing but elective abortions... is in a morally depraved line of work.

I think history will look back on our abortion phase as a disgusting atrocity far surpassing the holocaust in the number of lives lost.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A career abortion doctor, performing nothing but elective abortions... is in a morally depraved line of work.

I think history will look back on our abortion phase as a disgusting atrocity far surpassing the holocaust in the number of lives lost.

That may be true, one day. But hey, I'm trying to find where you draw the line here. Would you consider a long term abortion doctor a mass murder?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ignore basic science? What does that even mean? Explain.

A human life exists from the moment of conception. It is not a "potential" life or a "potential" human. Genetically, it is fully human, and genetically distinct from both parents. Biologically, it is living.

Very few people who favor abortion have the stones to admit these two basic facts.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That may be true, one day. But hey, I'm trying to find where you draw the line here. Would you consider a long term abortion doctor a mass murder?

Yes, I would.

Abortion is also an intentional form of genocide perpetrated against the black community, as Margaret Sanger intended.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Zip to do with the mother's body? You just said in an earlier post that you'd allow it if the mother's life was in jeopardy. If it's nothing about the mother then her health is irrelevant.

For the < 0.1% of abortions done due to the risk of life to the mother, my previous statement is inaccurate. I do apologize for not specifying that the statement only applied to the other >99.9%.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would you think that?

What else would you call intentional homicide?

I say that because Americans rail about something that they strongly oppose, but when push comes to shove, they don't oppose it that often.

So you would most likely be in favor of abolishing legal abortion, having a constitutional amendment making the single exception to ex post facto, so abortion doctors could be tried, convicted, and I imagine, hopefully executed for their crimes?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    A human life exists from the moment of conception. It is not a "potential" life or a "potential" human. Genetically, it is fully human, and genetically distinct from both parents. Biologically, it is living.

Very few people who favor abortion have the stones to admit these two basic facts.

That is really a matter of opinion more than a fact. Other opinions consider that life is a process, and that both the egg and the sperm are living parts of that process. It is their opinion that any form of birth control (other than timing methods) is wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So a girl that pops the day after pill is a murderer?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think you mean "American" community.

No, I meant black community. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with Margaret Sanger's racist eugenics goals?

I say that because Americans rail about something that they strongly oppose, but when push comes to shove, they don't oppose it that often.

So you would most likely be in favor of abolishing legal abortion, having a constitutional amendment making the single exception to ex post facto, so abortion doctors could be tried, convicted, and I imagine, hopefully executed for their crimes?

Only if they continued their practice after it became illegal. And if SCOTUS hadn't invented a constitutional "right to privacy" out of whole cloth, there would be no need for an amendment. The correct course of action would be for each State to make its own laws, but SCOTUS screwed that pooch.

That is really a matter of opinion more than a fact. Other opinions consider that life is a process, and that both the egg and the sperm are living parts of that process. It is their opinion that any form of birth control (other than timing methods) is wrong.

No, I stated facts. Sperm and egg are gametes, and are not part of the "process" of life. Life begins at the moment of conception of gametes.

So a girl that pops the day after pill is a murderer?

I don't think we need to go that far. If the morning after pill were all we had to worry about, we'd be in much better shape than we are now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This whole discussion really proves my point. Both sides believe theirs is the moral position. Both sides project their sense of morality on the other, such that the other side is immoral. Both sides are entrenched in their own ideology, which forms the basis of their belief. You both will believe what you believe without proof that what you believe is objectively true. But the biggest stretch of faith is to believe that what's inside the womb is not a human life until it exits the womb. I am still wowing over that one.

Top Bottom