• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buy ammo when you find it just to sell it here for more that what you paid.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Personally, if I owned this site, I'd get tired of all the tattletaling and shut the classifieds down. I just hope Fenway doesn't. I like this site. I originally came here for the classifieds as well. I spent most of my time on Arfcom and other sites as well. I very rarily ever visit those sites now and spend about all my internet time here now. I've met some great people here as well. I have never in my life contributed to a website but I happily did this site. I'm just saying that if we keep bothering the mods over this instead of policing it ourselves by just ignoring the gougers, we may lose the privelage of the classifieds.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So am I considered to be an enslaved child because I need assistance in knowing what the going price should be, or looking to others for help if I need advice for reloading? Perhaps I am just new at it and don't know any better?

There are far too many individuals, both young and old, that are new to firearms and don't have the mentorship that few of us were lucky enough to have. Everyone starts learning somewhere, and this site was created to help them learn along the way rather than take advantage of them.

For profit, I would suggest going to a gunbroker or AR-15 site. This site was not created with the intention of its members making large profits or a career out of reselling. Once again, nobody on here has a problem with making a buck or two.

There is nothing wrong with mentorship at all. There's nothing wrong at all about asking questions. I've offered advice on some things that I know something about. That is the purpose of this forum. Search my posts and you'll see that I've asked many questions on here about different stuff. What I'm saying is if you are interested in someones add selling ammo on here, how long does it take to go to gunbroker and compare the going price on there vs here? I have no problem asking what the going rate is for something on here. That is my point that I'm trying to make. I started a thread asking what the going price of Black Talon ammo was so I'd have an idea what to ask for it. Do those thing before you make your transaction. If you don't do your homework before, there's noone to blame but yourself.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    There is nothing wrong with mentorship at all. There's nothing wrong at all about asking questions. I've offered advice on some things that I know something about. That is the purpose of this forum. Search my posts and you'll see that I've asked many questions on here about different stuff. What I'm saying is if you are interested in someones add selling ammo on here, how long does it take to go to gunbroker and compare the going price on there vs here? I have no problem asking what the going rate is for something on here. That is my point that I'm trying to make. I started a thread asking what the going price of Black Talon ammo was so I'd have an idea what to ask for it. Do those thing before you make your transaction. If you don't do your homework before, there's noone to blame but yourself.

And I have agreed with those points as well....so it sounds like we are all in agreement! What were we debating about again?:dunno:

BTW....I edited my post you quoted to make it a little more clear, but you quoted me before I could change it!

:laugh:

I appreciate your contributions, as I think you have even answered some of my questions previously. I appreciate everyones contributions for that matter. My post was more directed towards those that don't share our opinions and would like to gouge people without reverance as to why the site was created. So....that being said, lets say we call it a day and next time around I will buy you a drink hornadylnl and we can solve the rest of the worlds problems?? Fair?
    :cheers:

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sorry, I took your post as being offended at mine. I think you and I are in agreement. What I was talking about is all the tattling that is going on.

I've listed stuff for sale on craigslist and not gotten a single response. That tells me that my price is too high and I either choose to lower my price or keep it. But emails bashing my price don't do anything.

The perfect solution to the gougers is just put them on ignore. Don't give them the dignity of a response and they'll figure out pretty quickly that their price is too high. If you rush into a deal uneducated without doing your research and get ripped off, that is your own fault. Like a previous poster said, that $20 ammo was worth $34 to someone or they didn't do their research. There's an old saying, "A fool and his money will soon part".

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Nope, not offended by your post at all, just trying to make a point.

I think people are genuinely just trying to look out for each other and give "fair warning" to someone who may understand what the price of Winchester White Box should be, but never heard of Black Talon. (Poor analogy, I know.) I really don't think (really hoping) its not necessarily just tattling. In that case, you are correct, just ignore it.

But once again, I have to go back to the fact that this site has done so much good for so many, including myslef, that profiteering hasn't even crossed my mind. I admit when I first found the site I thought "I could buy 20 of those and resell them on here and make a killing."....and then I quickly realized what the site was about. Since then, I think I have learned so much from people that its the equivalent of making money off of them. Their time is worth something!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    This has been a most entertaining thread. Really, I've enjoyed it. Now, let's all get back to treating each other fairly and start chatting, writing our congressman/woman about things more important... like the latest audacity from the fool in the Oval Office.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The part that so many here don't seem to get is that at present we have what is known as a sellers market. During the time of a sellers market the buyers are in total control. If buyers refuse to purchase at inflated prices the result is the reduction of prices. If people refuse to educate themselves and continue to purchase at inflated prices they are the ones who are perpetuating the present dilemma that we all must face.

haldir, yes any reference to children's games played with a ball or their supporters will probably go beyond my comprehension as an adult.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope, not offended by your post at all, just trying to make a point.

I think people are genuinely just trying to look out for each other and give "fair warning" to someone who may understand what the price of Winchester White Box should be, but never heard of Black Talon. (Poor analogy, I know.) I really don't think (really hoping) its not necessarily just tattling. In that case, you are correct, just ignore it.

But once again, I have to go back to the fact that this site has done so much good for so many, including myslef, that profiteering hasn't even crossed my mind. I admit when I first found the site I thought "I could buy 20 of those and resell them on here and make a killing."....and then I quickly realized what the site was about. Since then, I think I have learned so much from people that its the equivalent of making money off of them. Their time is worth something!

Great post and pretty well sums up my thoughts. I could have made a killing on a few things on here but didn't. There is a flipside to this as well. I bought some Golden Tiger 7.62x39 for $200 a k a year ago. Now it goes for $300 a k easily. Some would expect me to sell it for less than todays going rate because I would profit at 50%. My attitude is too bad. While people are out buying $5 coffee from Starbucks today instead of stocking up on ammo, they will cry to me a year from now when prices have gone up even more and expect me to sell them what I have for a buck or two more than I have in it. I won't sell what I have for $300 a k.

The moral of this story is if you aren't stocking up a lifetime supply at $20 per 100 WWB today, you're only hurting yourself. It may go down a little bit but rest assured it will be higher than $20 5 years from now. Imagine what it will be at in another 20 years. You think that makes me a hoarder? Well, I don't stock up to make a profit. I'm just smart enough to know that if the S does ever HTF, those who didn't stock up will be coming to me for supplies, be it food, water, ammo, or whatever. If you want it then, you better have something to offer.

I laugh at these ammo prices anyway. With the exception of 7.62x39, I haven't bought more than 3-400 rounds of factory ammo in the last 2-3 years. If you see my user name, it won't be too hard to figure out why.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't think taking inflation into account is the same as inflating your prices for personal gain. Selling your ammo for current prices is fine with me, but pumping up your prices over current going rate just to make a buck off fellow INGO members, is not.

Last edited:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I'm still waiting on someone to throw a virtual chair across the net....

BWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :laugh:
    bobby-knight.jpg

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Oh my gawd... a reference to IU basketball as a children's game :nuts:
    After this past season, I may have to agree with him :):

I don't think taking inflation into account is the same as inflating your prices for personal gain. Selling your ammo for current prices is fine with me, but pumping up your prices over current going rate just to make a buck off fellow INGO members, is not.
    Right on. Going to Wal-Mart, for the sole purpose of depleting ammo, making it hard to get, then screwing over fellow INGOers is messed up. But hey, I have scruples and treat INGOers like I'd want to be treated :dunno:

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I laugh at these ammo prices anyway. With the exception of 7.62x39, I haven't bought more than 3-400 rounds of factory ammo in the last 2-3 years. If you see my user name, it won't be too hard to figure out why.

This is kind of my point! I purchased components as late as last Friday that will allow me to load 5.56 equivalent loads for less than 15 cents per round. Aside from some radway green that I purchased spur-of-the moment a year or so ago, I have less than 15 pennies per round in everything I own and I presently hold more than most here because I actually use the stuff rather than talk about it.

Buy smart to support us all or become part of the problem.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    After this past season, I may have to agree with him :):

Right on. Going to Wal-Mart, for the sole purpose of depleting ammo, making it hard to get, then screwing over fellow INGOers is messed up. But hey, I have scruples and treat INGOers like I'd want to be treated :dunno:

Exactly!

so, who has some .380 FMJ? :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No 380, but I got some Blazer 115gr 9mm FMJ I'll sell ya. :D 4 boxes at $10/box. Under what I paid for them! :thumbsup:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is kind of my point! I purchased components as late as last Friday that will allow me to load 5.56 equivalent loads for less than 15 cents per round. Aside from some radway green that I purchased spur-of-the moment a year or so ago, I have less than 15 pennies per round in everything I own and I presently hold more than most here because I actually use the stuff rather than talk about it.

Buy smart to support us all or become part of the problem.

I bought my last batch of 223 components for less than $180 per k and that is including brass. There is no way you can do that now. I laugh when I see guys paying $600 per k. The price difference of 1000 rounds alone will buy a nice progressive press.

Top Bottom