Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

My only concern would be penetration.

I can shoot a tree with a 12 gauge slug and it will stop.

I've shot a few trees over with 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R, and they just kept on going.

Where I live, people tend to shoot toward the houses - the woods being dense and they not knowing the houses are here.

I have at least one slug mark on the side of my house, and the neighbor's dog was almost hit with one several years back.

Slugs will not penetrate my house. High powered .30 cals will.

This is not to say that I'm against this. I honestly don't know where I stand. I'd like to take a centerfire rifle out and shoot deer with it, but then again, there's the penetration issue.

If all hunters were responsible all the time, I would have no problems with it. I start having doubts when the seasonal shooters come out and are rusty on muzzle direction. Heck, I had a couple safety problems at Appleseed just because I'm not used to shooting with a bunch of others, and I'll freely admit that. I'm a year 'round shooter; imagine those who only break out the guns when it's hunting time.

I know, a hardware solution to a software problem isn't much of a solution, but if that's what you have to work with, I guess you work with it.

I really don't have an answer. It's a two sided sword.

Josh <><

Top Bottom