• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    31 on Friday and Saturday night's is just full of idiot's..... I got tired of seeing people get killed....... that and going up and down 31 all night got old.......

I do blame car's for a lot of bike wrecks but have seen my fair share of idiot bike riders on 31 looking to get themselves killed.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    31 on Friday and Saturday night's is just full of idiot's..... I got tired of seeing people get killed....... that and going up and down 31 all night got old.......

I do blame car's for a lot of bike wrecks but have seen my fair share of idiot bike riders on 31 looking to get themselves killed.

We were riding in the daylight. There's always a couple people a year that die riding back and forth on 31 On Friday or Saturday night showing off or runnin 130 and someone pulls out in front of them or something...

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Petty incidences like this? The bike guy was close to being assulted or killed with a deadly weapon.

Thats like someone shooting at you with a gun and missing. Be sure not to flip the shooter off.:rolleyes:

No it's not. From what I read in the OP, the guy wasn't paying attention. It didn't appear to be malicious, just stupid. When you're on a bike, dumbarse drivers making stupid moves are a daily occurence. When you ride, constant awareness of this is a survival skill.

And if someone shot at me with a gun, I'm pretty sure I would be drawing and looking for cover......I'd probably skip the bird.

When I ride I wear a helmet sometimes and sometimes I don't. It has nothing to do with the situation. I would probably flipped the guy off too. Considering the fact that he could have killed me.

As a disclaimer, I'm guilty of the same thing. Helmets can be a real annoyance. I do, however, find it hilarious and ironic that so many gun owning bikers that preach about situational awareness and safety, turn around and ride without a helmet (once again, this includes myself). :dunno:

Thats not the way to handle it, you should of politely cleared your throat and thanked him for not killing you.:rolleyes:

You're right.....it is much better to speed up next to the guy and show him who's boss. After all, you got that plastic pistol strapped on your hip, no ones gonna mess with you. And if they do, you know what you have to do. That's why you take all those defensive shooting from a moving motorcycle classes. Nevermind the accident you may cause due to the exchange, it's totally worth it. I'm sure the guy will learn his lesson and never cut someone off again. The most important thing is that you prove your manhood to that guy.....you don't want to look like no sissy!! Plus, there is absolutely no possibility that the other guy is armed or perhaps has nothing to loose and willing to just run you off the road.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    We were riding in the daylight. There's always a couple people a year that die riding back and forth on 31 On Friday or Saturday night showing off or runnin 130 and someone pulls out in front of them or something...

Guy's in car's that get killed also......

I watched a guy and his girl get thrown off his busa and get serious road rash because he was not paying attention and the car in front of him slowed with traffic.

I really don't feel bad for the guy's that get in wreck's when speeding, not to mention when they are doing say 130 in a 50 or whatever.

I lost track how many bike guy's I saw weaving threw traffic really tight and doing other stupid stuff.. it is allready hard to see bikes but when you are doing that crap it is near impossible to keep track of them.......

A friend of mine had the second 04 R1 that came to Indy when they came out....he would even tell me about the idiot's on bikes.... If you see kind of a heavier set dude on a red R1 (04) with chrome wheel's and complete aftermarket exhaust (chrome with japaneese lettering on it) and said they he got it from Yamaha that's the bike........... what's funny though is that I doubt he know's that bike was droped doing about 30mph before he got it........ hahaha.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It was a negligent lane change not accidental. Accidental would mean the driver didnt mean to change lanes.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Ya not to many people on harley's wear helmets....lol. I have seen to many people grinding their skin off across the asphalt to not wear a helmet :noway: ...... the guy is a friend of a friend. We don't normally ride together often. I choose to be conservative and not pick fights while carrying, since I would like to keep my LTCH... His billy badass outlook while excercising his right to carry a handgun is his choice and may lead to losing his. He has been told before to chill out, obviuosly has done no good.

heres my bike
    bike.jpg

Sweet bike man!:yesway: I'd probably wear a helmet with that thing too.......I'd have way too much fun. Riding with a Harley huh.......probably didn't take her outta second gear did you?;)

In all honesty, I'm a 2wheel lover. I love them all! We'd all have 5 or 6 if we could, right! I had my chopper/Harley phase......now I'm more into performance and comfort.......Concourse14 is next on my most wanted list.......but I may just end up with a gsxr or a busa...... Be safe out there :D.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    groovatron.....????????.....You don't think the guy should be flipping
    someone off while OCing on his bike, even if a some guy cut him off,
    which could of caused an accident......but yet I have done nothing to
    you an yet when ever I see a post from you, you have some little kid
    flipping me off......????? Why?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    groovatron.....????????.....You don't think the guy should be flipping
    someone off while OCing on his bike, even if a some guy cut him off,
    which could of caused an accident......but yet I have done nothing to
    you an yet when ever I see a post from you, you have some little kid
    flipping me off......????? Why?

The child in the picture is not OCing.

And if you wanna play the avatar/signature game, you are pointing a rifle at my wife who is sitting next to me:dunno:

Come on dude......this isn't about being offended, it's about escalating a situation that already occurred.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    It was a negligent lane change not accidental. Accidental would mean the driver didnt mean to change lanes.
    your right ..to a point....but being in these situations alot..i'll bet the motorcycle was in his blind spot....1st thing ya learn..never...i say never ..ride in a blind spot of any car...you'll lose everytime

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The guy that was driving the car should have rolled the window down and said
    " Sorry man...I didn't see you".

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    The guy that was driving the car should have rolled the window down and said
    " Sorry man...I didn't see you".
    read the original thread...he rolled his window down....seen the gun...went on his way....maybe he was going to say he was sorry..kinda hard to appoligize when someone is flipping you off....and OC'ing

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I had a close call today as well.Some idiot witha boat pulled out on the highway in front of me.I was running 55 and almost hit him broad sided. Your right people dont care about people on bikes.Last year at the same spot a woman on a cell phone pulled out in front of me,so I laid on the horn ,then she flipped me off.Never can be to careful.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    read the original thread...he rolled his window down....seen the gun...went on his way....maybe he was going to say he was sorry..kinda hard to appoligize when someone is flipping you off....and OC'ing
    I doubt he was going to say...sorry...I think he was going to say something, not too nice....saw the gun and figured he should just shut up and be on his way. So maybe you can come to the conclusion that the sight of the gun stopped the situation from escalating.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Much ado about nothing.

Flipping off an idiot is what it is.

That said, there are idiots in cars and on bikes and bikes can be easy to miss. Especially at dusk.

Many bikers are just as rude as the punks in the ghetto gliders except in stead of bass they have their pipes.

Many drivers in cars either don't pay attention or get out in front of bikes because they get tired of being stuck behind 'Sunday drivers' or figure a bike won't do as much damage as a semi.

Bottom line? people suck. Doesn't matter what vehicle they are on or in.

4 pages of posts for something that didn't even deserve one page. What a waste of bandwidth.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Many bikers are just as rude as the punks in the ghetto gliders except in stead of bass they have their pipes.

[/quote]
    maybe with louder pipes the idiot driving would of heard him....[LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES]....FTW

Top Bottom