• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I was out riding the other day with some buddy's. We were going through the town of greenwood on 31. While riding very normally just blending in with the traffic. A guy driving a honda accord changed lanes, well one of the guys that we were riding with must have been in his blind spot and noticed he was changing lanes so was pushed over into the next lane. He then proceeded to pull up directly next to the guys window and flip him off, probably a bit unneccessary, but u would be amazed at how many people don't pay attention to bikes. Evidentally the driver of the accord had not spotted the glock 22 hanging off of his hip yet. We came up to the red light ahead and I was directly behind them, the guy in the accord rolled down his window and looked like he was going to say a few choice words, he evidentally saw the gun, he then turned forward and rolled up the window like nothing had happened. Just thought I'd share the story, thought it was pretty funny, seeing it firsthand.

grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    It's always good to hear a story about motorcycles and guns that actually has a happy ending. Too many things can go wrong.

I guess I read this wrong... the biker gave the finger while OC'ing? May not be the best thing to do, ya never know what the other guy has in his car

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Your friend has no business carrying a gun, especially OC, if he is going to succomb to petty road rage incidences like this. Carry your gun, leave the middle finger at home. It's not worth it.:twocents:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Your friend has no business carrying a gun, especially OC, if he is going to succomb to petty road rage incidences like this. Carry your gun, leave the middle finger at home. It's not worth it.:twocents:
    agree 100%, sh%t will happend, we all cut someone off or just don't see em....i ride a bike...been riding for 30+ yrs....i get cut off every day...just be alert, stay calm,,,maybe the biker didnt see the accords 357...never know..

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I agree with u guys, but he's 30 year old guy. It's not my job to tell him what to do, or how to handle himself. I was just sharing my experience. By the way I have been cut off numerous times while open carrying and concealed carrying and not flipped anyone off, if u ride it should be expected. I hate riding in a huge amount of traffic, it's somewhat nerve racking. Oh, and I ride a GSXR 1000, the other guy was on a harley super glide.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    I agree with u guys, but he's 30 year old guy. It's not my job to tell him what to do, or how to handle himself. I was just sharing my experience. By the way I have been cut off numerous times while open carrying and concealed carrying and not flipped anyone off, if u ride it should be expected. I hate riding in a huge amount of traffic, it's somewhat nerve racking. Oh, and I ride a GSXR 1000, the other guy was on a harley super glide.
    good for you,,,still should have a lil talk with him...if your sitting at a red light with him..and the bullets fly..well..i'm sure you understand what i'm saying..stay safe...

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

Bet he wasn't wearing his helmet either.....;)

If it was my friend that did something like that while OCing, I would have pimp slapped him as soon as I got off my bike. Unacceptable. I don't care if he is a member of AARP, you need to tell him that what he did was wrong and dangerous. He was not only putting his own life and legal livlihood in danger, but also you and your other companions. This attitude is sure to eventually explode in his face. You need to do everything you can to teach him the correct way to handle himself while CC/OCing.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Bet he wasn't wearing his helmet either.....;)

If it was my friend that did something like that while OCing, I would have pimp slapped him as soon as I got off my bike. Unacceptable. I don't care if he is a member of AARP, you need to tell him that what he did was wrong and dangerous. He was not only putting his own life and legal livlihood in danger, but also you and your other companions. This attitude is sure to eventually explode in his face. You need to do everything you can to teach him the correct way to handle himself while CC/OCing.

Ya not to many people on harley's wear helmets....lol. I have seen to many people grinding their skin off across the asphalt to not wear a helmet :noway: ...... the guy is a friend of a friend. We don't normally ride together often. I choose to be conservative and not pick fights while carrying, since I would like to keep my LTCH... His billy badass outlook while excercising his right to carry a handgun is his choice and may lead to losing his. He has been told before to chill out, obviuosly has done no good.

heres my bike
    bike.jpg

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I always ride a harley...never wear a helmet...great to be free men..isnt it!!!

I do beleive it is our own choice. By you or anyone else not wearing a helmet, it isn't affecting anyone else. I choose to wear one, but wouldn't like it if I was forced to, if that makes sense......

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

Petty incidences like this? The bike guy was close to being assulted or killed with a deadly weapon.

Thats like someone shooting at you with a gun and missing. Be sure not to flip the shooter off.:rolleyes:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    When I ride I wear a helmet sometimes and sometimes I don't. It has nothing to do with the situation. I would probably flipped the guy off too. Considering the fact that he could have killed me.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    When I ride I wear a helmet sometimes and sometimes I don't. It has nothing to do with the situation. I would probably flipped the guy off too.

Thats not the way to handle it, you should of politely cleared your throat and thanked him for not killing you.:rolleyes:

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    2 things here.

1.) 30 years old is very young, plenty of things too learn still at this tender young age.

2.) accidents WILL happen. don't help them too escalate into a deadly situation.

Top Bottom