• ...and so much more!
  • 00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    For the money Citadel, RIA or Armscor.

I recently purchased a Citadel 1911 9mm, ambi saftey, novak sights and converted it to 38 super. Zero malfunctions after 350 rounds of 38 super, haven't even shot it with the 9mm barrel it came with, Rural King $374 before tax. I also have a GI RIA purchased it at Rual King for $329 last year over 1k rounds no issued other than a few fail to feeds with the first few mags. RIA 22 TCM/9mm problem with it not ejecting with the 22TCM, sent it back to RIA in Nevada and they were excellent with customer service, it is on its way back to me as I type this. Ruger SR1911 and Remington R1 give somewhat better accuracy from a bench but not as good of trigger as the Armcor/RIA. For the money Armscor/RIA is the best economically in my opinion. I have a Kimber Pro TLE/RL and the accuracy is on par with the Armscor/RIA, trigger is somewhere between Armscor and Ruger. I have had no luck with customer service out of Kimber. I have had no reason to contact STI so I cant comment on their customer service. I have found that Remington is the most accurate for me for a 1911 under $700. STI Trojan is my most accurate if your looking for a 1911 over $900.

My experience has proven to me if I want a 1911 to shoot bullseye at 20 yards it will cost $900 +. If I want a 1911 to shoot a 6" steel targets at 20 yards it will cost $400 +.

Ruger SR 1911 573 rounds 3 failure to feeds with the first 4 mags.
    Remington R1, 760 rounds zero malfunctions, horrible trigger, but very accurate.
    Kimber Pro TLE/RL Zero, over 1k rounds, zero malfunctions, average accuracy, trigger somewhere between RIA and Ruger.
    Citadel 38 super, 350 rounds, Zero malfunctions, nice trigger, 3" groups at 20 yards
    RIA, GI 1K + rounds, few fail to eject and feed for the first few mags, after a little polishing no problems since, good trigger, average accuracy.
    RIA 22TCM/9mm 500 round 9mm zero malfunctions, 22TCM 45 rounds then fail to eject, RIA customer service A+ sent back on their dime should get it back any day.
    STI Trojan, 1500+ rounds, will shoot 1 hole 7 round groups from a bag at 20 yards if I do my part, zero malfunctions, trigger awesome out of the box.

Top Bottom