• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    ...and for that matter couldn't the tin foil hat I am wearing also be an antennae???

Indeed! That's the beauty of misdirection. Big Brother has fooled people into thinking that they can read or implant thoughts using sophisticated devices known only to them. But in reality they need your help to make that work. So they let out the false story that they could do this and people reacted by starting to wear tin foil on their heads to protect against it.

But in reality that is EXACTLY what they needed to happen.

It's BRILLIANTLY DEVIOUS!

The only sure-fire way to avoid having your brain controlled by the government is to have your brain surgically removed from your head and locked up in a lead-lined box. It's safe there.

Hey, Sen. Feinstein, Pres. Obama, VP Biden and many others have done this already. You can see that they are not being controlled. So it must be working, right?

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Indeed! That's the beauty of misdirection. Big Brother has fooled people into thinking that they can read or implant thoughts using sophisticated devices known only to them. But in reality they need your help to make that work. So they let out the false story that they could do this and people reacted by starting to wear tin foil on their heads to protect against it.

But in reality that is EXACTLY what they needed to happen.

It's BRILLIANTLY DEVIOUS!

The only sure-fire way to avoid having your brain controlled by the government is to have your brain surgically removed from your head and locked up in a lead-lined box. It's safe there.

Hey, Sen. Feinstein, Pres. Obama, VP Biden and many others have done this already. You can see that they are not being controlled. So it must be working, right?

very funny indeed
    however if you ask my wife, she will tell you that my brain was removed about 15-20 years ago without any government help

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    If it was an RFID, it would not be in the hammer, I think already mentioned. However I don't think it would be on the grip either bc that is easily replaced and defeats whatever purpose the RFID is for. Bottom line I don't think it is one

UM...already provided link on page 2. Walther has already been putting them in the grips of PPQs and other models. HK has also done this.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    RFID gets a lot of misinformation attached to it. It's not a "tracking" device. It can be read by a reader only in close proximity, although "close" varies. There are various frequency bands that are used, 125KHz, 13MHz, etc. The higher frequencies typically give greater distances, but for most purposes, if you think about it, you want a short range, lest you have multiple tags in range interfering with each other.

I've played quite a bit with the old 125KHz technology, and have various types of tags. There are the injectable ones that compare to grains of rice, key fobs, credit/ID (ISO7811) cards, even ones about the size of a dime. Whichever band you're using, the antenna must be engineered to perform its function: absorb enough energy from the ping to reply with the ID. My bank issued a debit card to me once with the RFID. If you know what to look for, you can see it, but the function is with that thing where you just pass the card over the reader instead of having to slide it through the slot. Stealing those numbers is a matter of getting a reader close to the card.

As noted, the antenna must be carefully engineered to operate efficiently. You don't just hang a wire off the thing and expect it to work. Close proximity to metal will affect this performance. Putting it in the hammer or barrel would be particularly dumb; the hammer is subject to repeated impacts, and the barrel would be weakened by removal of material. Your best locations would be in wood or polymer, which have little effect on the transmission of radio waves.

The most likely reason a manufacturer would place an RFID is for tracking each item through manufacturing, and keeping records of units returned for service. ISO9000 kind of stuff. It may also assist in identification in case of theft, but like many I don't trust the .gov with that capability, certainly not with any record keeping function.

As an aside, the tin/aluminum foil hat will be of absolutely no use in its desired function. If you know anything about the Faraday cage, you'll see why.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Indeed you should NEVER have a credit card with one of these things embedded. You're just ASKING for a scammer to steal your card information. In spite of what the credit card industry says, these are NOT secure.

See how easy it is:

RFID Credit Cards Are Easy Prey for Hackers, Demo Shows | PCWorld

Hacker's Demo Shows How Easily Credit Cards Can Be Read Through Clothes And Wallets - Forbes

If you get "upgraded" by your bank, call them immediately and demand a non-RFID card replacment. If they say they can't do that, FIND A NEW BANK!

The industry could have found people smart enough to make credit card RFID systems secure but they chose to ignore the danger. The banks are "banking" on the fact that the vast majority of people have no clue what RFID is much less how it works.

These things are a credit card scammers DREAM! They can just carry around a reader and go to places where there are a lot of people, you know, stores, movies, sporting events, etc. and just walk around and pickup card data from many feet away!

Use a very bright light, like some of the modern cree flashlights.

Shine it through the card and you'll be able to find the chip if it's in there. Don't mistake your hologram on the card for the chip...

Once you located the chip, putting a nail through it, or drilling a hole through it will solve the problem, and as long as you don't mess with the magnetic bar, it won't affect the card's ability to be swiped.

I'd recommend that for security reasons as well, it's ashame it's required in passports. So yea, don't do that with your passport or you may have trouble getting back into the US.

As for the range on them... That's a function of the reader more than anything. I mean, I can pull wifi from 5 miles+ if it's a fairly flat area. Same applies with those, enough antenna gain and a sensitive enough receiver and they can pull the information. This isn't that complicated of a deal, anyone who's dealt with radio equipment beyond a CB for awhile should know about all there is to know already.

Top Bottom