• ...and so much more!
  • linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey team,
    I’m sorry for the interruption in your day, but I would love your opinion if your willing to give it??. Good or BAD.. I’ll take what you got.. I’m pretty thick skinned so no worries here.. Ok..

Does this look like I can pull something off here??. I would love to paint up my RFB in the in WW II nose art look, mainly do to the lines it has.. It kind of gives it that old sexy look. (Sorry maybe its just me)..

Anyway.. This is where I’m at and I just don't know.. If or how I should proceed at this point.. So I’m looking for some advice..

My thoughts:

• (GIVE UP) It’s not that style of gun no matter what you do to it, the theme you’re going for wont work.. Next..
    • Fully commit to it, lay down a base coat of olive green WWII (ish) color with a gap or stripe (ish) in dessert beige. Then add the above markings.
    • Lose the kill signs (2 camels and the train) think about putting them on the forward grip and replacing the kills signs with the name (The Instigator) it wont look to busy that way..
    • Move the eyes (from the front to the ACOG scope that will be mounted above the rail) move the kill songs forward and add the name where the kills signs were.
    Please note team.. I’m using water soluble paint, as this is just my initial mockup.. It will all basically wipe off with the proper solvent even after its dry.. So I can do whatever I want with it at this point.. and you should know me by now.. I want to be different, but it needs to cool at the same time..
    wink2.gif

Thank you for your time (and your responses team) have a great weekend everybody..

Link..

P.S.
    For what its worth, I’m shooting this gun in a local match this Sunday, we’ll be shooting from 10-600 yards, there will be 24 guys all from my local long range shooting club, so (smack talk) will be par for the course.. They have not seen this gun I really want to show up with something that will throw them off them game.. Hahhaa..

Please, please don't worry about my feelings, I really want to know how you would proceed at this point.. Knowing that you can do pretty much anything you want..

Thanks again team.. and again I’m sorry for the bug..

Link.

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7266.jpg

Last edited:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Looks awesome , as is. I think that using the mag for the name/logo is a good choice. It has the most available surface area for larger easy to see artwork. I think the eyes line up well with the teeth.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Vincennes
    IMHO this is like listening to a movie critic or a food critic. Do what feels right to you. If you like it does it really matter if no one else cares for it. If I had that kind of talent I probably would take advantage of it. Again just IMHO. :):

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey thanks team... It just feels light. or it's missing something.. I just don’t know what it is so I'm just looking for thoughts and opinions..

As always they that extremely appreciated..

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm going to try to finish it up today. I'll post pics of the completed project and from the tournament in a few..

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    So cool dude,lovin the gun bag.Actually had to look twice because I thought it was a wing off of something. The gun is cool as well ,really like it as is . Keep up the good work

Top Bottom