• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I wasn't going to go downtown, but I think I'll get the family out before the game attendees arrive in town.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't going to go downtown, but I think I'll get the family out before the game attendees arrive in town.

good idea as i have gone 3 nights in a row to watch the free concerts, and each day it get busier than the one before it!! its deffinately worth checking out considering its the first time the city has ever hosted this event

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I've been working security for the Georgia Street activities and the crowds have been really pretty good. No real problems if you are okay with large crowds. There have been a few drunks later in the evening to contend with but nothing unusual. The masses of people near the Verizon Stage can get pretty overwhelming. I suggest trying to stand to house left in front of the mixer tent. Easiest area to get out of in an emergency. If need be just go East and then North around the corner and you are out of the fray.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Nice review. If you guys come down to the Sun King Local Undeground tent, make sure you say hi! Parking is a *****, but we're trying to keep some open spaces for the people coming to listen to the bands, and get some beer and food that doesn't have the price all jacked up on it. I have yet to walk Georgia street, but think I'll give it s try tomorrow. Oh, from what I understand there is a real-time parking app that shows parking spots (and restaurant seats) that are currently available downtown...I think it is Indypark.com, but I'm sure a google search will find it.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Dad and I headed down there yesterday. Did the Park and Ride from the old airport. 2$ per person parking and a short trip later we were all having some fun. Met up with the sister and BIL once we got downtown. Lots to see, we even managed to get on the Zip Line, dad of course insisted on keeping his feet firmly on the ground. Did the NFL experience and only had to wait 30 minutes or so to get a picture with the Lombardi Trophy which was pretty cool. Checked out all the memorabilia and such and they had a ton of activities. Also, for anyone who was curious... there were no metal detectors or wands going on to enter or walk around the village. I saw several very subtle CCs on people while I was downtown. 2 tuckable IWBs (saw the belt hooks) and a ankle holster who could have worn better pants for when he walked, not to bad though. Concealed means concealed but I would go with pocket/deep concealment, obviously at your own risk. In case someone was wondering before they went.

Top Bottom