• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I regret I ever sold mine. However, that damn loaded chamber indicator almost ruins that gun.

Yeah that thing is fugly. Reminds me of one of those little popup plugs like they use on turkeys so people know when they are done in the middle. Interestingly enough my mother (gun novice) loved the mag disconnect, manual safety and loaded chamber indicator. I sold my SR9c to a friend buying his first handgun, he loved all the "safety" features. While I am not a fan of manual safeties and such, a large portion of the gun buying public wants these features. The SR9c is ambidextrose, priced right, reliable, comfortable and has features people seem to want.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    You guys must have been lucky I purchased a brand new SR9 last August for my wife and it would jam at least 2 sometimes 3 times per mag everytime untill we put almost 300 rounds through it then it stopped for a while we went ahead and traded it off bc i simply did not trust it as a primary carry weapon and i did not want to have to deal with sending it back loved the comfort level of the gun felt good in my hands but I HATE that ugly loaded chamber indicator drove me nuts and Im not the type to start changing these type of things on my guns

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    You guys must have been lucky I purchased a brand new SR9 last August for my wife and it would jam at least 2 sometimes 3 times per mag everytime untill we put almost 300 rounds through it then it stopped for a while we went ahead and traded it off bc i simply did not trust it as a primary carry weapon and i did not want to have to deal with sending it back loved the comfort level of the gun felt good in my hands but I HATE that ugly loaded chamber indicator drove me nuts and Im not the type to start changing these type of things on my guns

Used WWB ammo perhaps? It sucks big time and will cause these issues.
    4,000 plus rnds through my SR9.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I had the same problem with mine jamming. I looked online and found there was a problem where the barrel and slide lock. I used some 1000 & 2000 grit sandpaper to polish where they meet and never had another problem. Even used it to polish the feed ramp.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I keep hoping this thread will die so I don't have to see it at the top of the "New Posts" lists. I had just convinced myself that I was at a zen place in my firearm purchasing. I will not adopt a different firearm for carry so everything else is a "just to have it" purchase. You guys are not making this easy on me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I keep hoping this thread will die so I don't have to see it at the top of the "New Posts" lists. I had just convinced myself that I was at a zen place in my firearm purchasing. I will not adopt a different firearm for carry so everything else is a "just to have it" purchase. You guys are not making this easy on me.
    bump

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County

Just buy one already. They are sweet guns.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm sold.

I have to wait a bit and talk it over with the mister. And then override him if he vetoes, but we have a few bills due before I get to spend it on fun stuff. :(

Wait, with all the talk of deadbeats and such, you are still responsible and pay bills before buying a gun! The horror! :)

Here, I'll help: Ruger SR9C 9mm Compact Black 03314
    $349 and Free shipping this weekend. :)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    As much as I like the stainless, I think the SR9C looks fantastic in Nitride. And wow, that IS a sweet price... if I didn't have one already, I don't think I could pass on this deal!

tcoats84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    I love my SR9c. It is my first handgun, but i have zero regrets on my purchase. What does everyone recommend for upgrades? i think the stainless steel guide rod from Galloway Precision will be my first upgrade.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I love my SR9c. It is my first handgun, but i have zero regrets on my purchase. What does everyone recommend for upgrades? i think the stainless steel guide rod from Galloway Precision will be my first upgrade.
    A good holster and belt. There really isn't much to upgrade, unless you just have to tinker:)

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remove mag disconnect safety. It took 3 seconds and was the first thing I did. I also polished the feed ramp, but I do that with all my pistols.

Top Bottom