• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    I am new to the forum, and maybe this thread is a bad idea.. but I will take a chance anyway.

What is reverse racism exactly? Do people really believe that racism ONLY goes from whites to "the other races?" I have seen racism go from white to black, black to white, black to hispanic, hispanic to asian, and any combination in between. Racism is racism... the only variable is the difference that brings divide or separation.

I have said it a million times, all whites are not good and all whites are not bad. Nor are hispanics, blacks, asians, catholics, methodists... etc etc etc

Different does not always mean bad. I am a hard core conservative catholic republican; but I am happy to discuss politics with a liberal and not hate them for their view. I may dislike their view, but i dont necessarily dislike the person.

I do understand there are uneducated people out there that will hate someone based on their race. I have experienced it first hand. But, I doesn't make me hate an entire race because of it. I grew up in a rural town and being the only hispanic family there made it hard for us sometimes. If someone chooses to hate me based on my race, there is nothing I can do about it. I can only treat them the right way and hope that they will see I am not living up to their stereotype.

Typically the people screaming racism are the racists themselves.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Technically, you're correct.

BUt historically, racism has been seen as a white-on-nonwhite phenomenon.

Reverse racism is just the pop cultural vernacular way of saying whitey's the victim.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    reverse racism is the reason why my valedictorian friend got rejected from Notre Dame while tons of affirmative action students got in only to fail out after a semester.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Technically, you're correct.

BUt historically, racism has been seen as a white-on-nonwhite phenomenon.

Reverse racism is just the pop cultural vernacular way of saying whitey's the victim.

Historically? Are you referring to slavery? Nazi's?

Racism goes back to biblical times. And then it had nothing to do with white and non-white. It was religious and social status causing separation.

EVERYONE is a victim when dealing with racism. There is no winner at all; everyone loses and becomes a victim.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    reverse racism is the reason why my valedictorian friend got rejected from Notre Dame while tons of affirmative action students got in only to fail out after a semester.

Do you know that for a fact? Do you know his entire CV? Did you review his application packet?

My brother, a minority, graduated from HS with high honors, tons of extra curriculars, and great recommendation letters and did not get into ND. After college, Summa *** Laude from Purdue, he applied to ND for grad school and did not get in. He certainly did not scream that he was discriminated against!

Why can't people just accept they didn't have what it took to get into a school?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Do you know that for a fact? Do you know his entire CV? Did you review his application packet?

My brother, a minority, graduated from HS with high honors, tons of extra curriculars, and great recommendation letters and did not get into ND. After college, Summa *** Laude from Purdue, he applied to ND for grad school and did not get in. He certainly did not scream that he was discriminated against!

Why can't people just accept they didn't have what it took to get into a school?

I get calls every day from parents who believe their child should have received a scholarship offer. Yes, he/she may have achieved a 3.9 GPA and 1500 SAT (math/critical reading), but absolutely no extracurricular activities worth mentioning. I've accepted students and made scholarship offers to students with lower GPA's and standardized test scores, but exceptional demonstrations of leadership in and outside of school. Besides, many of my colleagues would rather deal with a persistent students who is going after a scholarship than a pesky parent who believes they are entitled. Grades and SAT/ACT scores aren't everything.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Historically? Are you referring to slavery? Nazi's?

Racism goes back to biblical times. And then it had nothing to do with white and non-white. It was religious and social status causing separation.

EVERYONE is a victim when dealing with racism. There is no winner at all; everyone loses and becomes a victim.

In the U.S., dude. In the U.S. Which is the only place where I think you'll hear the term bandied about.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    he had the highest GPA you could POSSIBLY get at my high school, he had a years worth of transfer credits, he was a starter on the varsity football team that won state senior year, he did mission work in Haiti, he started a tutoring organization within our school, he was a Campus Ministry student leader, he headed up the school's canned food drives, he was our Senior class president(I think), but he had a lot more work in his parish that I don't know about...

basically, he had the leadership qualities that every college looks for, he had the academic potential that every college looks for... but ND would not let him in... afik, he's on a full ride at Wabash right now.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    he had the highest GPA you could POSSIBLY get at my high school, he had a years worth of transfer credits, he was a starter on the varsity football team that won state senior year, he did mission work in Haiti, he started a tutoring organization within our school, he was a Campus Ministry student leader, he headed up the school's canned food drives, he was our Senior class president(I think), but he had a lot more work in his parish that I don't know about...

basically, he had the leadership qualities that every college looks for, he had the academic potential that every college looks for... but ND would not let him in... afik, he's on a full ride at Wabash right now.

Sounds like a great student! It's unfortunate that ND accepted students who were dismissed after the first semester. BTW, how do you know that was the case? How many students were kicked out after the first semester?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Reverse racism is when Judge Saytoma (whatever) ruled in favour of
    Hispanic firefighters getting a promation over white firefighters that had
    a higher score because the white firefighters were not hispanic. The Supreme
    Court (all 9 Judges) ruled she was wrong an overturned it an the white firefighters
    got justice......Then DICK Luger went with Obama an help vote her into the
    Supreme Court.....DICK's words to me was that she was "qualified"...I told DICK
    he could consider himself fired, he doesn't have enough common sense to be
    a Senator anymore....never did IMHO.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN

Go to a top school and ask everyone to show their SAT scores. Or a good medical school and MCAT scores.

Watch and see which students don't pull theirs out. Then note their "ethnicity".

Doesn't matter though... it's just your health at risk, right?

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Racism? I'll show you racism.

I remember a black woman refusing the services of a black doctor, insisting upon a white doctor.

Why? Her rationale was that due to affirmative action, medical schools were forced to accept and pass minorities, not otherwise qualified. That white students wishing to attend medical school, were forced to be the best qualified, to even be considered for admission.

I had little idea how to dispute her logic.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Reverse: opposite or contrary in position, direction, order, or character

Thus: Reverse racism would hold that differences in race do not determine achievement, and that no race is superior to any other. It isnt a form of racism. The closest this term comes to racism might be a form of xenocentrism.

Looks like more PC garbage that doesnt make any sense when looked at reasonably.

Last edited:

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    This is America E V E R Y B O D Y is racist.
    The WISE among us realize that there are things MUCH more important to worry about and waste energy on.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wouldn't TRUE equality in college, employment, etc mean that no race is ever mentioned on the applications etc so all student are accepted by their qualifications only?

Affirmative action IS racism.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Wouldn't TRUE equality in college, employment, etc mean that no race is ever mentioned on the applications etc so all student are accepted by their qualifications only?

Affirmative action IS racism.

Unfortunately, the law isn't about equality, or even a means to equality as an end.

Its about political expedience, power, perceived revenge, and greed.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There is no such thing as "reverse racism." We shouldn't use that term. Instead, we should just call the hating of a group of people based on their race what it really is, racism. Liberals/progressives try to say that only the majority can have racism, like the members of the minority groups can never hate someone. Try even try to justify the hate saying that if it weren't for the racism of the majority, there would be no hatred by minority members.

Racism is racism. There is no "reverse" about it.

Top Bottom