• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    thanks for all the info. i am picking up the gun this saturday. i feel very confident about my purchase now.

and i will be sure to have it inspected

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    One of my best purchases was a police trade in Sig P229. Night sights, three mags, I even got the Safariland duty holster, for the total sum of $312.

fng120

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Out in the back woods
    LEO retired guns just have mostly holster wear. Other than that they can't afford to shoot them that much. Have a couple of buddies that have had zero problems with Glocks and had them for over 5 years.

bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    i picked up the leo gun today. it is in real good condition. no wear on the slide at all, just a bit on the grip but really not bad at all. the gun has a broken trigger pin thou. i found it cleaning it. half of the pin is gone, but it still fired without a problem. but thats a glock for ya!

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I bought a Swiss Police Trade In

It was a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm.

It had a lot of slide wear (holster) and looked sad.

But the rest of the gun looked like it had very few rounds through it.

I bougt it and sent it to CCR for a slide job and put Hogue Aluminum grips on it.

Looks great now

SigSauerP2263.jpg

It shoots so good that it's turned into one of my favorite guns.

:rockwoot:

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I hope you don't get my old Glock 22. It has a failure to feed about 1 in every 48 shots. I had to put an extra round or two in my pocket for every qualification. Our certified armoror went over it, swapped mags, and it still was an unreliable piece of crap. I love my G27 and my newly issued G21 so I'm not a Glock hater by any means. If a department trades in to buy new firearms in these tough economic times, you must ask yourself why. If you are looking for something to take to the range and a malfunction doesn't matter...enjoy your good deal. If you want something to trust your life to and need to be sure there is the opportunity for a second shot, I would look for something else. That said, you could buy a new one and get a lemon. I was given the option to buy mine cheap and passed.

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If a department trades in to buy new firearms in these tough economic times, you must ask yourself why.

I wouldn't really count that against the gun, the police seem to like to spending money unnecessarily... why else would they ride around single officer per car and require at least 3 to pull someone over for a routine traffic violation...
    (maybe that just a Fort Wayne thing)
    hmm.. taillights out, better call for backup.. Im gonna need two locals, a state, a detective, and heck were near a subdivision why not call the neighborhood enforcement guys into this too.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Found out that through a S/N check that my G19 was a factory refurbished model. Mint shape, no issues in 12 yrs, probably a trade in. Shoot it monthly, clean it, holster and only shows a little wear on the front, from the holster. Tough weapon to hurt if you do a little TLC upon occasion. I have had others, but this Glock is a keeper, and goes with me all the time. I did replace a recoil spring just out of desire, old one worked well, just hit the 5000 rd mark. Good luck.
    I would not hesitate to buy another LEO trade. You can send the slide for refinishing if it needs, or to Glock.

rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    i am consitering a trade for an x leo gun. does anybody have any reasons why this would be a good or a bad idea?

the trade is my xd .40 compact for a glock22
    I traded my G23 for an xdm .40. Don't really know why, just got in the mood to trade. the Glock was LEO trade in. it was clean, and a fine shooter, just heard a lot good reviews of the xdm. I am looking for a good deal on G19, had one sold it, because the guy was begging me. I priced it higher than I thought he would pay. Wrong! Oh well, I had no problems purchasing a po po, trade in.

Top Bottom