• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    "When SHTF I'll..." Is just bullsht for "That sounds like a lot of work."

Learn to live free and self reliant now and you'll never even notice when SHTF.

AlltheBrands.com

www.nmlra.org/

Lehman's - Products for Simple, Self-sufficient Living

homesteading, self reliance, self sufficiency, country living, how-to, alternative energy

Extension Service Publications and Multimedia Catalog

Indiana Nut Growers Association Home Page

Howstuffworks "Home and Garden"

Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnaces

https://www.ruralking.com/store/default.aspx

The Indiana Law Blog

How To Build A Septic System

Support the Chinese Red Army, Shop Walmart
    Welcome to the WALOCAUST...Coming soon to your occupation | WALOCAUST

I'm keep'n an eye on you and I'm following you.
    Abuses of surveillance cameras

CASPIAN - Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion and Numbering

spychips.com - how RFID will compromise privacy, security, freedom

What I'm learning about you when the clerk ask to see your driver's license as a form of ID.
    Swipe

Just checking to see if any one is paying any attention.
    http://www.dead.net/index2.php

Indiana Farm Fence Laws

Indiana Farm Fence Laws

Grainger Industrial Supply

Wood gas generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Wood Gas micro turbine engine

http://www.green-trust.org/woodgas.pdf

The Woodfired Gas Producer

Operating Engines on Woodgas by Bill Olsen - SlideShare

Wood Gas Generator | Log Home Builders Association

Index map

DoctorYourself.com - Health, Naturally!

Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors - MedicineNet.com

Easy To Build Cabin Plans

Houses | Tumbleweed Tiny House Company

Owner-Built House and Barn Kits from Shelter-Kit Incorporated

Amazon.com: Back to Basics: How to Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills (Second Edition): Reader's Digest: Books

Linking to Browndog's Survivalist thread because it looks like it's full of good stuff I don't have time to look through right now and don't want to forget it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...paredness/3918-survival_links.html#post180101

Welcome to the Frontpage

Communications
    I'd suggest you pick up several of the newer hand held radios that pretty much accomplish what we wish our walkie talkies would do 40 years ago.

I also highly recomend getting several trac phones. At least one for each supply stash. I'd like to have a dozen myself. Purchase for cash at large box store and a few pre paid phone cards.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Some not all of it. Mainly here I'm listing sights from a couple books I've been reading along with sights I've referenced for years. All of them I have at least logged in to, taken a quick scan over them to make sure the link is good and they at least have the appearance of knowing something useful.

I'm organising and checking this stuff out for myself and I figured why not share it. That's all. None of it is top secret or any thing. It's more a matter of even knowing it exists to go looking for it.

Later as I get time to go through them of if some one else runs in to one that is a real dog we'll sort it out.

Mostly I'm looking at this as a resource. Things I think I'd at least want to KNOW how to do it I ever NEEDED to.

If you are shaking your head at that wood gas stuff, that is a legitimate concept. If was common technology produced in back yard garages in europe during WWII all over the continent and manufactured commercially as well. In the United States it was common to use coal gasification to heat and light homes all the way up in to the 60's. It was normally done at a facility servicing a small city and was the original basis for forming many of the municiple utility companies.

I figure if they could do it back then I should be able to at least match their success with the technology available today.

I look to the mormons and the amish for what is most practical and what is the easy way to accomplish the things I want to be free from or at least have the option to be free from. I use regular REMC, but I don't have to and when the lines do go down it's no big deal at my house. I don't have to go wild looking for a generator to save a freezer of meat. If I'm snowed in for a couple days or a month I'm not going to be killing myself to buy all the bread on the shelf.

I want to KNOW how to do these things and I want to KNOW I can do these things. Once I've proven the concept then I make the decision do I WANT to do this EVERY DAY. I know I can live like the Amish but I like hot running water and flush toilets. So long as it doesn't put me in debt, I'm gonna use them, but I would build a water tower to flush the toilets in non freezing weather just to cut the water company out of a couple bucks, if I had time to build it.

I grow a few fruit trees apple, pear, peach, plum... they are even starting to produce some decent fruit last year.

My place came with walnut trees and I've since filled in the walnut grove with english walnut, walnut select seedlings, select butter nut and a couple others that will survive being near walnuts. Hopefully those are money in the bank to put grand kids or so through college some day. I'll trust the dirt, rain and nature more than a lieing back stabbing thief in the banking industry or wall street weasle. A tree is a tree, I don't have to watch it or pet it every day to make sure it doesn't run off or turn in to a worthless piece of paper.

I've done some of the things in these links but not all of them.

One good "survival" tip I've not seen in any survival books is rat traps. LOL, you know pioneers didn't spend all day hunting for food when they had work to do. I trapped a lot of squirrels this year and I'm convinced this works so I've got a dozen rat traps stored back in case i ever need them. You can always use a rat trap if SHTF or not and they don't cost any thing sitting there in the barn. Bait them with white oak acorns if you've got nothig else, corn or peanut butter is even better and nail them head high on a tree. I think you could at least eat even feed a family with nothing but living next to a city park.

Squirrel even if it's squirrel every day has to beat that Alpo crap I've seen starving people eat. Don't plan to eat squirrel or alpo every day but I KNOW if it comes to making that choice, I HAVE a choice. That and it's just some out doorsy stuff that's fun and I like to do it any way.

Last edited:

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Thanks for the links! Living downtown makes me a little nervous because of the crazies and don't like to be so reliant on markets, but doing what I can and growing food as much as possible. looking forward to having land someday.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Thanks guys. Glad you like them.

Like I said though, read them with your own thinking cap on and a grain of salt handy.

If you see any thing I haven't caught in them that just sounds wacky give me a shout. At least bring it up for discussion.

I'm in the discovery phase of assembling information here. I haven't done more than a few minutes looking at some of these yet.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The real war for freedom is in the media and it's fought with words. Words are their weapons and ammunition and it's a propaganda campaign.

Fight back.
    NOT / Yes
    Public schools - Government Schools

governement isn't "us" it's THEM

not gun control / victim disarmament

not representatives / they are politicions or dripping with sarcasm, rulers and bosses

we don't obey laws / we are subject to edicts
    peace officer / enforcers
    /government supremacists
    taxation is confiscation

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jack, great, thanks for the links, reps to you.

We moved out to the country 14 years ago. Been slowly working on independence for the past several years. Got the house and extra land paid off. No vehicle payments. We plant a large garden, this year I'm learning to 'can' food so we can preserve the garden output. We dehydrate some of our produce, but not enough. I've had 2 mini-orchards eaten to the ground by deer. I'm trying again this year, with electrified fence. Daughter goes to private school, wife teaches in the public school. We have our own well, our own septic, and we can generate our electricity if we need to, but we are hooked up to the grid . . . I'd like to work on some solar assist for hot water, maybe someday get a wind turbine for electrical generation.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I didn't look at all of them, but I did look at the wood/gas generator video. I know one thing is for sure, that thing is a ticking time bomb, notice how everybody was hiding behind the car and just peeking the camera out to view the readings? You better know 100% exactly what you're doing if you're going to play with that stuff. I'll leave that to somebody else. I can generate electricity other ways. Also, that turbo isn't going to last very long glowing that much. It'll be toast in a few hours run-time like that. They need to back their combustion chamber off of the turbine a little bit so the gasses have a chance to expand and cool a little bit before they hit the turbine. This will add a huge amount of life to it. I have done the turbo/turbine thing before, but I only did it as a fun project and used LP gas for the fuel, wood gas would be much harder to regulate it all together.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I didn't look at all of them, but I did look at the wood/gas generator video. I know one thing is for sure, that thing is a ticking time bomb, notice how everybody was hiding behind the car and just peeking the camera out to view the readings? You better know 100% exactly what you're doing if you're going to play with that stuff. I'll leave that to somebody else. I can generate electricity other ways. Also, that turbo isn't going to last very long glowing that much. It'll be toast in a few hours run-time like that. They need to back their combustion chamber off of the turbine a little bit so the gasses have a chance to expand and cool a little bit before they hit the turbine. This will add a huge amount of life to it. I have done the turbo/turbine thing before, but I only did it as a fun project and used LP gas for the fuel, wood gas would be much harder to regulate it all together.

I can't see the video here due to a firewall. I wanted to see that.

I've seen some other gas turbines build from turbochargers in a little test stand, is that what it's built from?

I'd think it would take a wood gas generator the size of a house to keep it fueled for any lenght of time.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nah, I just gravitate to The Dead from time to time I think... :p Great links though. I'll have to make a whole nuther folder in my Favorites just for all those links!

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    The Survival Podcast ( Survival Podcast ) is a good resource too, and great for car/train/airplane trips. I really like its tagline: how to live a better life, if times get tough, or even if they don't.

Top Bottom