• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    I am actually looking for a .22 right now. I think I want to purchase and modify a Beretta U22 Neos.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I have a Ruger Mark lll, and love it. At 25 yds. I can hit bulls eye 3 out of every mag. Which I dont think is too bad. Mine has the longer barrel, dont remember the length. But.....I dont remember if I had supper either. :)

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    I have a Buckmark. Good grip, very nice trigger, very accurate. If you get one locktite the screws that hold the top rail - they tend to loosen.

Robgoody6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Greensburg
    I am also looking. I have decided on the Walter P22 on the suggestion of a friend that is a firearms instructor/gun smith and my 10 yo daughter likes the feel of it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How about
    A ruger MKII
    gunx_ruger22target.jpg

Very VERY accurate handgun. Great training gun and very reliable.

I just picked up an SR22 from Bradis today. Got home and immediately pulled the MkIII out of the safe to compare. I'm ready to sell the MKIII. It is heavy, cumbersome, and awkwardly unbalanced compared to the SR22. The fit and balance of the SR22 are light years ahead of the MKIII. The SR22 balances almost as well as my 1911s IMO.

Assuming function and reliability are a wash (Ruger to Ruger comparison, after all), the MKIII is nothing like the XD OP wants to simulate. I have nothing against the MKIII as a pistol, but I don't think it's a better pistol than the SR22 and I don't think it fits the bill the OP is trying to fill.

Walther P22 has been my best .22 pistol by far. Changeable grips, trigger, total feel.... all good. :rockwoot:
    The SR22 has changeable grips too. :dunno:

The two big differences between the SR22 and the P22 as far as I can tell are the magazine release and the safety (for both, design AND location are pertinent differences). The SR22 more closely matches the XD in these areas than the P22.

:twocents:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I agree with you that if the OP wants something to simulate his XD, then the Mark III is a bad choice.

However, I don't know how anyone can compare the SR22 fairly with a MarkIII? They are just so different.... One is a target pistol and the other a plinker/trainer.

I've shot both and I like both for different reasons. I think the SR22 is a good way to teach beginners about self defense and is probably a solid choice as an EDC for small women or those who have very weak hand strength. However, I think you will be hard pressed to see one outperform a MarkIII in the accuracy department.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I agree with you that if the OP wants something to simulate his XD, then the Mark III is a bad choice.

However, I don't know how anyone can compare the SR22 fairly with a MarkIII? They are just so different.... One is a target pistol and the other a plinker/trainer.

I've shot both and I like both for different reasons. I think the SR22 is a good way to teach beginners about self defense and is probably a solid choice as an EDC for small women or those who have very weak hand strength. However, I think you will be hard pressed to see one outperform a MarkIII in the accuracy department.

It's pretty easy to compare them. One just needs to decide on the criteria up front. Everybody operates with pre-determined criteria. The problem in these discussions is leaving them unstated.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    It rules. Tack driver and very comfortable. Only thing I dont like about it is where the magazine release is, but that one small negative is easily outweighed by how awesome it is.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    All of these guns mentioned would be great to own. As for me, I've got a GSG 1911 that is a total blast to shoot. If you like a 1911, this is the real deal, with 85% common parts. The 1911 heft makes for virtually no recoil, and the barrel is threaded, should you ever want to go with a suppressor. I've just ordered two extra mags, so this baby is going to Friday Night Steel soon.

The SR-22 is probably my next gun, though. It looks like it would be great fun, too. The 22/45 Lite is right after it on my short list, as well. I'm lovin' the rimfires!

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I am also looking. I have decided on the Walter P22 on the suggestion of a friend that is a firearms instructor/gun smith and my 10 yo daughter likes the feel of it.

You'll be happy with your decision. Everybody who has shot my P22 in the 6 months that I've owned it has been happy. And no one has even asked to change out the grips! Other opinions may vary... :yesway:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    wow... hit a small propane cylinder (think torch cylinder, of course it was empty) from 50 yd out today messing around with my m&p22. had to brag lol, i was shocked as all get out. was a fun day of .22's only shooting today

Last edited:

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    I own a p22 and really enjoy shooting mine. Its the short barreled version and have maybe 2k rounds through it of remington golden bullet. Friends have shot it and like the fact its somewhat similar in function to larger handguns. The buckmark is a nice shooting pistol too. Its up to you though. Try them and see what fits you. everyone has a different opinion these days.

Top Bottom