• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Around 1998 I was assigned to 2nd ID HQ at Camp Red Cloud Korea as a SSG/E-6 I assumed I had made the big time.
    My second day on the job we did a 8 mile road march full gear and a 35 pound rucksack in MOPP 4.
    I hadn’t made it as far as I thought!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since there's a lot of misunderstanding in this thread.

---

WOKE

A word currently used to describe "consciousness" and being aware of the truth behind things. Getting woke is like being in the Matrix and taking the red pill. You get a sudden understanding of what's really going on and find out you were wrong about much of what you understood to be truth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

---

WOKE

A word currently used to describe "consciousness" and being aware of the truth behind things. Getting woke is like being in the Matrix and taking the red pill. You get a sudden understanding of what's really going on and find out you were wrong about much of what you understood to be truth.

Interesting.

What would it be if we have known the truth all along and are now being told we are wrong. There has to be a label for this .....yes...???

-I still open the car door and assist my spouse. After 38 years.
    -I will assist a female with a passel of kids in a heart beat. Push her cart, hold the door...etc and so on.
    -Yes mam....no mam. Just comes out natural.
    -Flat tire or stuck in the snow.....yup, I stop.
    -Slip and fall......yup, I help.
    -Make the mistake of stepping into a situation where a female is getting abused.....yup.
    I was raised to be a strong provider/protector. I will be that person until I can no longer do it.
    To me this is right.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

---

WOKE

Would I be correct in assuming that there is a certain version of "truth" that you must believe in to meet the requirements of being "woke"?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    This is the outfit that I wore at work in the 80's.

1980-02-shelter-usaf-f-4-phantom.jpg

So, anyone care to explain why the protective gear was needed?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    MOPP = Mission Oriented Protective Posture. US military members are trained to keep the mission going, in a chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear, (CBRN) attack environment.

In the 80's, the Soviets had thousands of tons of CBRN agents to slime NATO airbases, military depots, Forward Supply Points, and HQ facilities. Same situation exists today in Korea. If WWIII had ever kicked off, our life expectancy at a NATO airbase was less than 12 hours. Poor Armour grunts at the Fulda Gap in Germany, had a life expectancy of a few minutes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Interesting.

What would it be if we have known the truth all along and are now being told we are wrong. There has to be a label for this .....yes...???

-I still open the car door and assist my spouse. After 38 years.
    -I will assist a female with a passel of kids in a heart beat. Push her cart, hold the door...etc and so on.
    -Yes mam....no mam. Just comes out natural.
    -Flat tire or stuck in the snow.....yup, I stop.
    -Slip and fall......yup, I help.
    -Make the mistake of stepping into a situation where a female is getting abused.....yup.
    I was raised to be a strong provider/protector. I will be that person until I can no longer do it.
    To me this is right.

Cause there is a word for you Mouse...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mensch
    mensch*noun

\ˈmen(t)sh**\

Definition of*mensch*

:*a person of integrity and honor

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The overboots like shown in the pic SUCKED. Not as bad as the mask, but those boots were terrible. These were a crazy Roman sandal looking design. Whoever thought those were a good idea should've been beaten severely. The over-garment was charcoal-lined coveralls. Not bad when it was cold (like most of the time in Iceland), but the mask sealing on your face in the cold was not great. Hot weather? Nothing like hearing your sweat gurgle out of the exhaust valve.

We called them Fishtail Boots. Had to tighten the laces every couple of hours. Even then, they would loosen up and flop around, making it difficult to walk. The replacement green or black vinyl overboots were a huge improvement.

maxresdefault.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The M17 CBRN protective mask sucked big time. Had to remove the mask to change out the filters. Two eye lenses that made a person cross-eyed after a while. Top it off with a green rubber hood to keep the chemicals out and hold the heat and sweat in. The current M50 mask is a huge improvement.

513_a548.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cause there is a word for you Mouse...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mensch
    mensch*noun

\ˈmen(t)sh**\

Definition of*mensch*

:*a person of integrity and honor

Well there you have it. I will write this down. The next time I am called an old white guy NAZI by one of the above mentioned snowflakes I will refer to myself with this term. Then I will throat slap the **** out of them because in my mind that is also right.

Top Bottom