Rescued a kitten from the blizzard .. it needs a home (lafayette area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    Rescued a kitten from the blizzard .. Home Found!

So several weeks back someone dumped a mother cat and 4 kittens at the Case IH dealership where I work. I rescued 2 for a friend and then the others disappeared. This morning I was sitting in one of the salesman's offices and we hear a pretty sorry "meow". I go outside and find this little guy in the bushes covered in snow. I have him/her in my office right now but the little guy can't stay with me, and the store doesn't need a mascot. So ... who needs a fluffy white kitten in the lafayette or surrounding area??

photo6_zpsfc93649c.jpg

Last edited:

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    A nice elderly Korean couple just moved in next door, let me run over there and ask them, I think I remember hearing somewhere that they liked cute furry white kittens. I'll be right back.:patriot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh man, what a cutie. I wish (s)he was here; I've been "involved" with a lot of rescues but never had a solid white. That's one I've always wanted.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A nice elderly Korean couple just moved in next door, let me run over there and ask them, I think I remember hearing somewhere that they liked cute furry white kittens. I'll be right back.:patriot:

Ummmm.. if they were Korean or Vietnamese, I don't think they want kittens for pets.........

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    See if you can do a Q&D "hearing test" on the kitty. Gently scratch on something behind her head to see if her ears swivel and if she turns to look where the noise is coming from.

(pure white cats w/ blue eyes have a much higher incidence of deafness)

Not that it'd keep someone from adopting it, but it might be helpful to know.

-J-

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The little guy is going to spend the night in the office .. I cant take it home but at least its not outside.

Glad you are keeping it inside. If you can't find any place else for it to go and can get it to Indy somehow I can take it. I already have 4 cats who were all rescues about like this one so I'm not sure the kitty would be able to stay on a permanent basis but it could definitely stay here until I can re-home it with a good family.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Geeez, those eyes!

I can't take her in. We have three males. The third one showed up on my porch Christmas of 2011 (weather was much milder last year).

You could name her Blizzard or something totally unoriginal like that. LOL.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    Geeez, those eyes!

I can't take her in. We have three males. The third one showed up on my porch Christmas of 2011 (weather was much milder last year).

You could name her Blizzard or something totally unoriginal like that. LOL.

Oh no ... I'm not naming it ... I'll save that honor for the poor sucker who accidentally lets his wife/daughters see the picture and then ends up having to adopt it. :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh no ... I'm not naming it ... I'll save that honor for the poor sucker who accidentally lets his wife/daughters see the picture and then ends up having to adopt it. :D

:laugh: I've made it very clear to the man of the house that if you can't find a place for it, if you can get it down here (or at least close), and if we end up taking it that it is in no way permanent. Just a "foster" home :)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :laugh: I've made it very clear to the man of the house that if you can't find a place for it, if you can get it down here (or at least close), and if we end up taking it that it is in no way permanent. Just a "foster" home :)
    That's what we said about 3rdCat. He made himself very comfortable very fast.

Top Bottom