• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine some of the obvious losers will stay in as along as the big money that's bankrolling them keeps coming. Newt kept his campaign going long after it was dead because Sheldon Adelson wanted him to stay in the race.

Want to know where politics is going?

always follow the money

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I DeSantis is the most administratively competent candidate. Probably the most qualified for the job that needs done. But he can't campaign for ****. He makes so many blunders. Why did he have to feign his military service being more than it is? It's like he wants to see that he's the hero. So there's this example, the god sent him nonsense. If you have to tell people how heroic you are, you're really not one.

He should just focus on his accomplishments in FL and making the case that he can be successful on a national level, especially defeating ClownWorld™.
    Problem is his Florida performance is starting to wane. Their homeowner’s insurance situation is hosed and he has a hand in it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Larry who?
    I like Larry Elder. I don't think he's presidential material. He's an author and talk show host. But they were justified in leaving him out. The threshold was some number of individual donors and at least 1% in polling. He met neither, though he claims he's met the individual donor minimum. He's like 0.4% in the last RCP average.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I like Larry Elder. I don't think he's presidential material. He's an author and talk show host. But they were justified in leaving him out. The threshold was some number of individual donors and at least 1% in polling. He met neither, though he claims he's met the individual donor minimum. He's like 0.4% in the last RCP average.
    Yeah it was sarcastic. I know who Elder is and I do think he's on the right side of the fight, but I agree that he'll never rise to the position of POTUS.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The rigged polling?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah it was sarcastic. I know who Elder is and I do think he's on the right side of the fight, but I agree that he'll never rise to the position of POTUS.
    I figured you did. He is on the right side of the fight, but he's kind of a one-trick pony. He's got the get-fathers-back-in-homes speech down pat. And he's right about that. We have other problems, many of which that would help solve. But it's a long term fix. We need a fix now, until long term fixes can even happen.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The rigged polling?
    What does that have to do with Larry Elder? Are you saying that Fox News rigged the polling against Larry Elder? The RCP average is a lot of polls and he's only at 0.4%. He's not going to be higher on any poll Fox News could rig.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Didnt watch, watched two episodes of Suits instead. Just had zero interest in watching them or Trump with Tucker.

Heard Ron kinda **** the bed. Trump will be the nominee, no need to waste my time watching the circus for the next six months.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didnt watch, watched two episodes of Suits instead. Just had zero interest in watching them or Trump with Tucker.

Heard Ron kinda **** the bed. Trump will be the nominee, no need to waste my time watching the circus for the next six months.
    I don’t know if I’d say **** the bed. He didn’t win any points and I think his slide will continue. Ramaswamy will be the favorite of the US first voters. And I think that the chamber-o-commerce vote might lift Nikki Haley up a bit with the chamber-o-commerce/neocons, at the expense of Pence. But, maybe my disgust with Pence is preventing me from seeing all the swarms of voters who are into pretentious piety from their leaders. I just don’t see it. He done.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I watched the start of GMA this morning. They were saying Nikki probably did the best in gaining voters. But they said the whale turned in a masterful debate performance.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not stones, it's stupidity.

If he had any sense he would have already walked off. It's the same **** he did last time. All he's up there for is to try to take people down, he has no interest in actually running and winning.
    I disagree. I think Christie is delivering on what he is being paid to do. The fact that he enjoys his work is just a bonus situation

He has nothing to lose and $millions to gain

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is our 1776 moment and as much as I admire the qualities that some of the men that have held the office of George Washington possess, none, in my opinion, have done it as well as Washington, have had the brilliance of Jefferson, the wisdom of Franklin and the chutzpah of our Founders.
    “Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Not sure even the Founders could see a path out of the weeds in today's political environment

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What I learned last night is that you do not have to have a lot of charisma to be elected as a governor.
    I get that one has to be likeable. But if by charisma we mean someone who can dazzle us with their shtick, we’re simply not serious. The democrats put up mummies, fruits, and nuts (many with what their voters would probably consider charisma) and still advance their vision for America. They are serious about winning even with human debris they nominate and elect.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom