Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    https://news.vice.com/article/ameri...olar-bears-are-going-extinct-canada-disagrees

Polar bear populations are sustainable, not in decline over all, BUT that doesn't stop the US from pushing for listing them as endangered of extinction. Because there's less ice. And it's a proven fact less ice means fewer bears, right? Well...except for the medieval warming period...and all other warming periods where they were farming in Greenland and there were and still are polar bears...

But hey, don't let the facts stop you.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Polar bears, ice caps, rising oceans.... It is all scare tactics to gain control. It's always about control. The useful idiots who parrot this madness will all end up like other useful idiots throughout history, probably in a mass grave somewhere.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Polar bears, ice caps, rising oceans.... It is all scare tactics to gain control. It's always about control. The useful idiots who parrot this madness will all end up like other useful idiots throughout history, probably in a mass grave somewhere.

That's usually who end up in mass graves.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Bottom line, the people who live there - home to over 60% of the worlds polar bear population - say the population is stable to rising. There are more bears now than there have been in recent history. Yet, the US is pushing to increase their listing from endangered to at risk of extinction. Let it sink in, "At Risk Of Extinction". That phrase/classification is reserved for animals that are in rapidly declining numbers, lower than ever before, and proven to be "at risk of extinction". Polar bears are not. So...why? Because polar bears have become the poster child for Global Warming/Climate Change. Period. It's a political move, not a scientific or conservation one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If the Oceans were rising I am sure there would be..........................wait for this..........................."EVIDENCE" that we could all actually "SEE"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    If the Oceans were rising I am sure there would be..........................wait for this..........................."EVIDENCE" that we could all actually "SEE"

Posted this a month ago - still waiting for someone to point out my error:

NOAA Data/Articles from the NOAA Website:

This NOAA Article:
    Is sea level rising?
    states the following, ""Since 1992, new methods of satellite altimetry (the measurement of elevation or altitude) indicate a rate of rise of 0.12 inches per year.

This NOAA Article demonstrated data showing ocean levels rising ("Laboratory for Satellite Altimetry / Sea Level Rise"):
    Laboratory for Satellite Altimetry / Sea Level Rise

Doing the math for you roughly 36 years and about 60mm rise averages (they use linear line fitting) 0.07"/Year.

So. Two NOAA articles about sea level rising since 1992 both citing Satellite Altimetry Data. One article says oceans are rising at 0.12"/year, the other 0.07"/year. Article #1 also states, "Records and research show that sea level has been steadily rising at a rate of 0.04 to 0.1 inches per year since 1900", which according to the same data presented in article #2 puts us at 0.07"/ year - right on the average since about 1900.

Someone please point out my error?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    ...in the last 120 years or so the oceans have risen a whopping 8"...and that rate is stable. It's not increasing or decreasing. If you believe Hacks like NOAA and can sift through their misquoting of their own data.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Bottom line, the people who live there - home to over 60% of the worlds polar bear population - say the population is stable to rising. There are more bears now than there have been in recent history. Yet, the US is pushing to increase their listing from endangered to at risk of extinction. Let it sink in, "At Risk Of Extinction". That phrase/classification is reserved for animals that are in rapidly declining numbers, lower than ever before, and proven to be "at risk of extinction". Polar bears are not. So...why? Because polar bears have become the poster child for Global Warming/Climate Change. Period. It's a political move, not a scientific or conservation one.

I'm just waiting for Fish & Wildlife to start sending in their SWAT teams to exterminate the polar bears near extinction just so they can say their population is diminishing.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you read the article, they're actually having nuisance bear issues in some areas. Nuisance Bears! That's a population nearing extinction?! It's laughable.
    Just so we are clear. The argument for the nuisance bears is that their normal/natural hunting areas are in decline, forcing them into areas more inhabited by humans.

At least, that is the argument. I've not read up on it much myself.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Just so we are clear. The argument for the nuisance bears is that their normal/natural hunting areas are in decline, forcing them into areas more inhabited by humans.

At least, that is the argument. I've not read up on it much myself.

Not according to the Canadians. The bears are eating more dolphin, the numbers are stable to up, they are moving into inhabited areas because there are more bears. The premise that diminishing ice = poor hunting = equal fewer bears because they are drowning or starving is not supported by any data anywhere...by anyone.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not according to the Canadians. The bears are eating more dolphin, the numbers are stable to up, they are moving into inhabited areas because there are more bears. The premise that diminishing ice = poor hunting = equal fewer bears because they are drowning or starving is not supported by any data anywhere...by anyone.

You are using a faulty premise so far as the purveyors of the argument to the contrary are liberals who are using emotion as a substitute for fact, yet here you are making a perfectly rational argument which addresses all concerns OTHER than their precious albeit misguided feelings.

Top Bottom