Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A buddy and I hiked to the summit of Mt. Etna in 1971. No regulation of tourists at that time. You could hire a guide but it was a fairly laid-back experience if you wanted to trek on your own. A month later, the place we were standing had disappeared.

It's amazing how many dumb things I survived based on pure luck.

20010726-buildings_1961555i.jpg

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A buddy and I hiked to the summit of Mt. Etna in 1971. No regulation of tourists at that time. You could hire a guide but it was a fairly laid-back experience if you wanted to trek on your own. A month later, the place we were standing had disappeared.

Preparedness and equipment only take you so far. Random chance also plays a part.
    You can be the best trained soldier with the best equipment in the world. But when that first mortar shell hits, who dies is random chance. After that, then training/experience takes over.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I heard on the radio that they're proposing "limiting" the temperature increase by a specific number of degrees over a specified time frame.

I'd like to know how they intend to accomplish that.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I heard on the radio that they're proposing "limiting" the temperature increase by a specific number of degrees over a specified time frame.

Keep fining the "culprits" until the temperature drops back to the "normal" range. In other words, they're gonna take your money. Easy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Damn, what kinda engineerin' Rhino are ya? Don't you know that's what them carbon credits are fer?

If so much more carbon relates to so many degrees hotter, and you know the relationship between "so", then you can calculate how many dee-grees per "so" much carbon. So then you can determinate the properility maths around carbonational credits. That's simple ****ing sci-gasm, man.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Damn, what kinda engineerin' Rhino are ya? Don't you know that's what them carbon credits are fer?

If so much more carbon relates to so many degrees hotter, and you know the relationship between "so", then you can calculate how many dee-grees per "so" much carbon. So then you can determinate the properility maths around carbonational credits. That's simple ****ing sci-gasm, man.

You're right and I am duly ashamed.

We should contact Rose-Hulman and UC Berkeley to have my degrees revoked!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

20010726-buildings_1961555i.jpg

Wish I was more energetic back then. Back in my Navy days I was in Sigonella NAS for 3 weeks waiting for my ship to come in. That is one big Mt.. Some days you couldn't even see it from the cloud cover.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    If the radiation is passing straight through the atmosphere to the ocean, it's not being absorbed by anything in the atmosphere. The greenhouse gases aren't doing their job. Why would radiation be doing that now if it wasn't before? Wouldn't there also be measurable effects on land? We have quite a bit of that as well. Additionally, thermodynamics demands that heat flow from warmer to cooler. The oceans can't keep getting warmer without taking everything else with them. Of course it takes some time, but don't you suppose 15 years would be long enough that we'd notice?

They sure did.

Vanishing Arctic Ice Cap | Frozen Planet | Discovery

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Tsk tsk, I can't get the video to play, says it's unavailable, but who to believe? The cultists that see any negative fluctuation as inevitably continuing, or the guys that find it worth spending money on new ice breakers? The ones who go to the antarctic to observe the receding ice, or the distress calls they made when they got frozen some miles into the ice cap whose disappearance they went to observe? Yeah, stuff fluctuates. We've known that for a long time. You know, like 15000 years ago I couldn't look out the window and see a mammoth walk by since my house would be under 30m or so of ice. Whose fault was that? Isn't fault the issue? The cultists are grasping at any outlandish scenario while nothing seems to be happening during the time they predicted we'd be well on our way to turning into Venus, meanwhile we keep finding new drivers that were unaccounted for in the failed computer models. Like, for example the heat coming off the ocean floor in the antarctic melting some of the ice right above it. The science is not only not settled, it's like a blind infant groping around in a room trying to figure out what furniture is for.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well at least the recent warm weather hasn't been blamed on Climate Change/Global Warming:

"Rather than El Nino, Halpert said the heat-wave of sorts in the Northeast can be blamed on the Arctic Oscillation (AO), which influences the number of arctic air masses that penetrate into the South and nor’easters on the East Coast. This time around, a positive Arctic Oscillation along with a strengthened polar vortex have shifted the jet streams to the north and trapped the cold air in the polar regions since early November"

Worst of this El Nino expected in coming months | Fox News

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Tsk tsk, I can't get the video to play, says it's unavailable, but who to believe? The cultists that see any negative fluctuation as inevitably continuing, or the guys that find it worth spending money on new ice breakers? The ones who go to the antarctic to observe the receding ice, or the distress calls they made when they got frozen some miles into the ice cap whose disappearance they went to observe? Yeah, stuff fluctuates. We've known that for a long time. You know, like 15000 years ago I couldn't look out the window and see a mammoth walk by since my house would be under 30m or so of ice. Whose fault was that? Isn't fault the issue? The cultists are grasping at any outlandish scenario while nothing seems to be happening during the time they predicted we'd be well on our way to turning into Venus, meanwhile we keep finding new drivers that were unaccounted for in the failed computer models. Like, for example the heat coming off the ocean floor in the antarctic melting some of the ice right above it. The science is not only not settled, it's like a blind infant groping around in a room trying to figure out what furniture is for.

This is the summary for the video "Military submarines have been measuring the Arctic ice cap since the beginning of the Cold War. What they've discovered is startling. According to their measurements, the thickness of the ice cap has diminished by half since 1980". It doesn't look like it's receding from above but the effect is at the bottom. The US military frequently surveys the area as it's the closet path from Russia.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, Berzerkly, there's your problem. Them folks don't think right out there!

In 1987 when I was packing the minivan for the trip westward, I didn't consider that. I didn't think it was important.

I was . . . naive.

I'd be worried about the crazy infiltrating social degrees more than any other, but probably engineering disciplines are pretty safe. Ohm's law doesn't really change at the whim of politics.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, Berzerkly, there's your problem. Them folks don't think right out there!

I'd be worried about the crazy infiltrating social degrees more than any other, but probably engineering disciplines are pretty safe. Ohm's law doesn't really change at the whim of politics.

That makes sense, but then look at the numbers of engineers and physical science students, graduate, and professors from there who have gone all-in on the man-made global warming thing. They are invested.

Top Bottom