Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Next thing you know, the guy will be claiming there has been global warming on other planets in our solar system as well... pfft, silly wabbit.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I present to you a moral dilemma facing the earth first crowd the like of which they've never seen or pondered......

polar-bear-dolphin-samuel-blanc.jpg

Polar bear eating a dolphin.

C'Mon. You know that polar bear was in the water swimming between shrinking ice flows when that doplhin swam right into that polar bear's grasp while it was fleeing Japanses whaling boats powered by dirty deisal...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    C'Mon. You know that polar bear was in the water swimming between shrinking ice flows when that doplhin swam right into that polar bear's grasp while it was fleeing Japanses whaling boats powered by dirty deisal...

Ah, yes I forgot. That's just nature and man is not part of nature.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    On Renewable Energy (U of L Conn Prize Winner: Renewable Energy a Question of 'Political and Social Will' - 89.3 WFPL), I have no idea what a "Flow Battery" is or what Lockheed Martin is doing with it, but I'm checking on it. He's right you know, storage of wind and solar (or whatever your favorite picky energy building device is) energy is the problem. There is NO current method for effectively and efficiently storing energy on the grid.

If only there was a cheap and efficient ready technology for cleanly producing electricity (other than nuclear because...you know...it's like bad and stuff).

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    OK, just talked to one of the fuel cell geniuses and he dumbed it down for me. The Catholyte and Anolyte are "recharged" from their v-4 to v-5 or V-3 to V-2 states during the times when renewable power is "on". In other words the aqueous systems are flowing one way to release energy, flowing the other way to absorb or collect energy.

Problem is - as with all load leveling methods - volumetric energy density. How big are the tanks for grid load leveling? Can't find those numbers yet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On Renewable Energy (U of L Conn Prize Winner: Renewable Energy a Question of 'Political and Social Will' - 89.3 WFPL), I have no idea what a "Flow Battery" is or what Lockheed Martin is doing with it, but I'm checking on it. He's right you know, storage of wind and solar (or whatever your favorite picky energy building device is) energy is the problem. There is NO current method for effectively and efficiently storing energy on the grid.

If only there was a cheap and efficient ready technology for cleanly producing electricity (other than nuclear because...you know...it's like bad and stuff).

Another reason why nuclear is bad is that it can provide as much power as is needed when it's needed. Oh, wait, that's . . .

You keep shushing me! Is my Kentucky accent getting annoying again? I've been told a southern accent automatically makes one stupid.

Perhaps your Kentucky nature led you to being a science denier.

OK, just talked to one of the fuel cell geniuses and he dumbed it down for me. The Catholyte and Anolyte are "recharged" from their v-4 to v-5 or V-3 to V-2 states during the times when renewable power is "on". In other words the aqueous systems are flowing one way to release energy, flowing the other way to absorb or collect energy.

Problem is - as with all load leveling methods - volumetric energy density. How big are the tanks for grid load leveling? Can't find those numbers yet.

Those details don't matter. We need to stop using what works now for no legitimate reason because that stuff might just work someday in the future.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's your problem with nuclear - see! All that pollution coming out the top - that has to stop!

I've actually heard that one. My answer,

"You know that's steam, right?"

.....uh.....

Wait, why would you Denny the moment so soon? You know how much fun you could have with that?

****, that's not steam, it's special nuclear brain atomizers spewing into the air, designed by biochemists at the behest of advertising firms. It alters brain wave patterns to make people especially susceptible to otherwise absurd suggestions. Why else would those stupid infomercials work? You bought the Ginsu knife set, right? See? It works.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There's your problem with nuclear - see! All that pollution coming out the top - that has to stop!

It's dihydro oxygen GAS! And it's one of the most powerful greenhouse gases known to mankind! And clearly deadly.

Well, actually it's not even steam. It's water droplets condensed from the steam as it mixes with the cool air.

But you knew that.

Liquid dihydro oxygen (or oxygen dihydride) must be super deadly too.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It's dihydro oxygen GAS! And it's one of the most powerful greenhouse gases known to mankind! And clearly deadly.

Well, actually it's not even steam. It's water droplets condensed from the steam as it mixes with the cool air.

But you knew that.

Liquid dihydro oxygen (or oxygen dihydride) must be super deadly too.

Would someone PLEASE think of the children???!!! (in that special whine at the exact resonant frequency of my spleen).

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008

Nuclear_Power_Plant_Cattenom.jpg

I've actually heard that one. My answer,

"You know that's steam, right?"

.....uh.....

Actually, what you should have told them was....... CHEMTRAILS!

:lmfao:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Top Bottom