Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How so.

Explain the fine points for me.

The theory of gravity is more than, "it holds you down".

A lot of theories also break down at the nuclear level.
    Hence neutonian vs nuclear physics.

Also, object do not fall at 9.8 m/s. Their gravitational constant is that (rounded off ), on earth.
    Their fall is also affected by wind resistance, air speed, etc.
    All of Einstein's theories have been, and still are, debated.
    Even his formula for nuclear energy release.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, you don't trust anybody who thinks that E equals MC squared?

Or, that gravity keeps us all planted on the earth?

Or, that a falling object will ALWAYS accelerate at 9.8 meters per second per second?

Yeah, better not trust those crazy ideas, because you know there's a catch, politically, I mean.

I certainly don't trust progressive politicians that trump up the farce man-made climate change is settled science and then immediately announce all of the market interfereing, liberty robbing, common sense solutions that will, (in their opinion) cure it.

Plus, I'm not familiar with anyone currently trying to enact new legislation or regulations using any of those science theories/laws/observations to curb my ability to buy the light bulbs of my choice or skyrocket the cost of heating my home.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The theory of gravity is more than, "it holds you down".

A lot of theories also break down at the nuclear level.
    Hence neutonian vs nuclear physics.

Also, object do not fall at 9.8 m/s. Their gravitational constant is that (rounded off ), on earth.
    Their fall is also affected by wind resistance, air speed, etc.
    All of Einstein's theories have been, and still are, debated.
    Even his formula for nuclear energy release.

Didn't everything you just stated fit scientific consensus?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I certainly don't trust progressive politicians that trump up the farce man-made climate change is settled science and then immediately announce all of the market interfereing, liberty robbing, common sense solutions that will, (in their opinion) cure it.

Plus, I'm not familiar with anyone currently trying to enact new legislation or regulations using any of those science theories/laws/observations to curb my ability to buy the light bulbs of my choice or skyrocket the cost of heating my home.

I agree with all those things. I just think that, sometimes in the process of that, a dis-service is being done to science in general.

I believe that the politicizing of science, while it might help a political agenda that I happen to agree with, can do a dis-service to me in the long run with a general degradation of the credibility of ALL science that I see happening in the process.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Gravitational constants and formulas break down at the nuclear level. Therefore they are incomplete.

Yes and we all know that but we still model everything on our scale based on the premise that gravity holds up. We use it to accurately model and predict future actions, like sending rockets to the moon. No one says because we don't have a unified theory that gravity is wrong. In the same way we use models to predict future climate changes to the best of our ability. The fact that they could be wrong isn't itself an argument that they are wrong.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Fortunately, science does not work that way. Science is no democracy, and we do not render a theory invalid by popular vote. Einstein's theory of relativity has stood the test of time and its correctness is beyond any doubt. But... there is an issue with what is arguably the most famous equation in the history of natural sciences.

What's Wrong With E=MC^2?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Who's arguing against gravity? They're working on a unified theory but no one's arguing the gravity model isn't correct.
    The thunderbolts project. They are trying to prove that the electromagnetic force has a much greater affect than gravity, and fight the fact that it has been completely left out of current models.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Who do you guys trust in the scientific community to help you understand issues like climate change?

I'd first start with a chemist who would dare, with a straight face, to try to explain how an atmospheric concentration change of CO2 of such a minute mole-fraction that it amounts to adding one additional fan to an already full Ohio State (or Michigan) football stadium would completely change the energy equilibrium.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    German Professor: NASA Has Fiddled Climate Data On ‘Unbelievable’ Scale

NASA caught with their hand in the cookie jar.....

German Professor: NASA Has Fiddled Climate Data On 'Unbelievable' Scale

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What was wrong with that article?

simpsons-mr-burns-blocks-out-the-sun1-640x353.jpg

Top Bottom