Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone else noticed that the drive-by genius patrols are getting briefer when they do occur?

Don't want to let you down.

Here are the scientists/engineers I trust to give scientifically accurate pictures of the world. I'm not going to learn how to parse satellite and geological data into climate models so I rely on experts to explain to me what is going on. I'm sure my go to scientists will draw jeers but I've yet to find a name in science who I respect cast doubt on global warming and I don't want to leave Rhino without anything to complain about on this lovely Tuesday evening.
    It's an appeal to authority and I'm at the mercy of my scientific prophets whom I trust to tell me the truth. (I blame being raised in the Christian church for driving me into the arms of the religion science.)

Neil Degrasse Tyson

[video=youtube;6VUPIX7yEOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VUPIX7yEOM[/video]

Bill Nye

[video=youtube;gWT-EWKIR3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWT-EWKIR3M[/video]

Elon Musk

[video=youtube;NO0DRa5gLoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO0DRa5gLoI[/video]

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This debate reminds me of Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek, inventor of the first microscope and the first person to describe single cell organisms.
    When he examined a sperm sample with his microscope, and made the first description of actual sperm cells, he was faced with having to refute the position that his political detractors alleged, that he obtained his sperm sample through "impure means".

And I don't care which side you're on, if you believe it matters whether or not man-made climate change exists, then you're drinking SOMEBODY'S koolaide.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow. Bill Nye. Really bringing out the big guns.

bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering

I thought I was told you had to be an "expert in weather" or something like that. And us lowlifes didn't have the education.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I thought I was told you had to be an "expert in weather" or something like that. And us lowlifes didn't have the education.

Who do you look to when you want to learn about such subjects?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I would think a bachelors in anything is just a foot in the door.
    As I said, it was pointed out us mere mortals could not understand what was going on.
    And a bachelors is still mere mortal in my book.

And a guy arguing for "carbon footprint" and "CO2" levels, then goes gallivanting in private jets, and sends ships into space, seems kinda hypocritical.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Most people get their global warming information from political sources. And, getting your science information from political sources is like asking for a pizza from a Chinese restaurant.

Sure, you might get your pizza, just don't be surprised if it has a little squid on it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

And Elon Musk

He is the founder of SpaceX.

Doesn't putting aircraft into space (and jetsetting across the country) count as something that would cause "climate change"?

And Neil, an ASTROphysicist

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Who do you guys trust in the scientific community to help you understand issues like climate change?

Well, it looks like there are people that I would trust, on both sides of the argument.
    Problem is, one side says it's settled. Do not argue. Trust us.

Telling me to "trust us" or "trust me" usually has the opposite affect.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, it looks like there are people that I would trust, on both sides of the argument.
    Problem is, one side says it's settled. Do not argue. Trust us.

Telling me to "trust us" or "trust me" usually has the opposite affect.

Who's on the other side you trust? There are a lot of things in science in which scientists come to a consensus, say trust us or prove us wrong, and move on, I think going forward this is going to be another one of those things, like Evolution, the big bang etc. There will still be those who say it's not true but at some point you just have to trust the consensus and move on the what you're going to do about it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Anyone that says "The Science Is Settled" I do not trust. Science is not majority rule. Most of the greatest discoveries of all time went AGAINST the "Settled Science"..

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Anyone that says "The Science Is Settled" I do not trust. Science is not majority rule. Most of the greatest discoveries of all time went AGAINST the "Settled Science"..

So, you don't trust anybody who thinks that E equals MC squared?

Or, that gravity keeps us all planted on the earth?

Or, that a falling object will ALWAYS accelerate at 9.8 meters per second per second?

Yeah, better not trust those crazy ideas, because you know there's a catch, politically, I mean.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, you don't trust anybody who thinks that E equals MC squared?

Or, that gravity keeps us all planted on the earth?

Or, that a falling object will ALWAYS accelerate at 9.8 meters per second per second?

Yeah, better not trust those crazy ideas, because you know there's a catch, politically, I mean.

You know those aren't "settled" right? Every one of them breaks down at some point.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    You know those aren't "settled" right? Every one of them breaks down at some point.

How so.

Explain the fine points for me.

As I ask that, I do realize that this argument is a political argument, not a scientific argument. If it were a scientific argument, my guess is that we'd both find ourselves lacking. But in a political argument, we can go on and on and on, and most likely, we'd both find a way to declare ourselves the winner.

My argument isn't about any particular conclusion, but that when it becomes a political argument, the science isn't so much settled or unsettled, but instead, unheeded, unappreciated, and more than a little bit disrespected.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom