Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Show me this documented global temperature record from the 40s that exceeds today's temp

That would be the raw data, being fraudulently manipulated by the climate change fraudsters.

(Of course, "raw data" is a rather... fluid concept at this point; the data are changed on an almost daily basis. But please: tell me some more about how that's "science".)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So, you're going with the appeal to authority fallacy, then?

Things that would get you failed out of a 100-level science course:

1. Manipulating raw data
    2. Not disclosing that manipulation, or the unadulterated raw data
    3. Extrapolating data
    4. In-filling missing data with "estimated" data
    5. Making claims about data that are exceeded by two orders of magnitude by the data uncertainty (error bars)

Do I need to go on?

Yes actually, I want legitimate sources for all of those. And yes when it comes to science I appeal to authority, I trust scientists who are doing the research and come to a vast consensus. I can't personally measure the global temperature, at some point I must defer to the 90+% experts

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That would be the raw data, being fraudulently manipulated by the climate change fraudsters.

(Of course, "raw data" is a rather... fluid concept at this point; the data are changed on an almost daily basis. But please: tell me some more about how that's "science".)

So these scientists are willing to show you the raw data they collect then they manipulate the results and dare the arm chair climate experts to call them out? It's a global conspiracy why not just fudge the raw data?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes actually, I want legitimate sources for all of those.

I am a legitimate source.

And yes when it comes to science I appeal to authority...

Then find/refute them yourself. I don't facilitate logical fallacy.

...I trust scientists who are doing the research and come to a vast consensus.

One, there is no "vast consensus".

Two, anyone who invokes "consensus" in scientific endeavor demonstrates that they know nothing about scientific endeavors. Science is not, and has never been, a matter of "consensus".

I can't personally measure the global temperature, at some point I must defer to the 90+% experts

There is no "90+%" of experts.

The temperature record is publicly available, as are the manipulations of that record. Unfortunately, the sheer volume of those manipulations has rendered the US surface temperature record essentially useless.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh yea those other transparent scientific research organizations.

NOAA withholds climate documents from Congress « Hot Air

64827573.jpg

ALSO

Yes actually, I want legitimate sources for all of those. And yes when it comes to science I appeal to authority, I trust scientists who are doing the research and come to a vast consensus. I can't personally measure the global temperature, at some point I must defer to the 90+% experts

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am a legitimate source.

Then find/refute them yourself. I don't facilitate logical fallacy.

One, there is no "vast consensus".

Two, anyone who invokes "consensus" in scientific endeavor demonstrates that they know nothing about scientific endeavors. Science is not, and has never been, a matter of "consensus".

There is no "90+%" of experts.

The temperature record is publicly available, as are the manipulations of that record. Unfortunately, the sheer volume of those manipulations has rendered the US surface temperature record essentially useless.

There is absolutely a 90+% of experts, I'll show you mine you show me yours.
    1. National Academy of Sciences
    2, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration- US Army and US Air Forces included
    3. National snow and ice data center
    4. National Climate Data Center
    5. NASA and Goddard Institute
    6. US Geological Survey
    7. US Geodetic Survey
    8. World Meterologist Organization
    9. Cousteau Society
    10. National Audubon Society
    11. National Geographic Society
    12. International Union For The Conversation of Nature.
    13 US Department of Defense
    14 United States Navy

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There is absolutely a 90+% of experts, I'll show you mine you show me yours.
    1. National Academy of Sciences
    2, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration- US Army and US Air Forces included
    3. National snow and ice data center
    4. National Climate Data Center
    5. NASA and Goddard Institute
    6. US Geological Survey
    7. US Geodetic Survey
    8. World Meterologist Organization
    9. Cousteau Society
    10. National Audubon Society
    11. National Geographic Society
    12. International Union For The Conversation of Nature.
    13 US Department of Defense
    14 United States Navy

What does a list of organizations prove?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Jut for giggles, grabbed the first organization from the list:
    The National Academy of Sciences
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/more-t...t-over-man-made-global-warming-claims/5403284
    Proponents of man-made global warming like to note how the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and the American Meteorological Society (AMS) have issued statements endorsing the so-called “consensus” view that man is driving global warming. But both the NAS and AMS never allowed member scientists to directly vote on these climate statements. Essentially, only two dozen or so members on the governing boards of these institutions produced the “consensus” statements. This report gives a voice to the rank-and-file scientists who were shut out of the process.

So, while the organization has thrown its hat in the ring, its membership has not.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's who I look at for expertise when it comes to climate science, where do you get your information?

If that's the way you operate, then do you also accept the word of the RNC and DNC as absolute truth regarding governance?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If that's the way you operate, then do you also accept the word of the RNC and DNC as absolute truth regarding governance?

Obviously does, because they are not made up of people with a political agenda.
    Trillions of dollars to be pulled out of the private sector has NOTHING to do with this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Of course not, science is above politics.

OK, politicians in white lab coats are superior to politicians wearing suits that cost more than some folks pay for cars. Makes perfect sense. Scientists are also above 'finding' the results that the people who fund them want found.

There's not a single dissenting scientific organization, your not putting forth a single shred of evidence doesn't prove much either.

Got it! Everyone agrees, therefore it's true. That is the reason why folks like Copernicus, Galileo, and the intrepid Columbus were proven to be useless morons--everyone knows and agrees that the Earth is flat and the sun and moon revolve around it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    OK, politicians in white lab coats are superior to politicians wearing suits that cost more than some folks pay for cars. Makes perfect sense. Scientists are also above 'finding' the results that the people who fund them want found.

Got it! Everyone agrees, therefore it's true. That is the reason why folks like Copernicus, Galileo, and the intrepid Columbus were proven to be useless morons--everyone knows and agrees that the Earth is flat and the sun and moon revolve around it.

Hey I can find a blog post that says the earth is flat and the earth is the center of the universe, that'd be as much evidence as anyone here has come up with. You think if Galileo was alive today he'd be on your side? The Catholic church tried and condemned Galileo so climate change isn't real?
    Who are the scientists who we trust and read as a collective to further our own personal knowledge on this website? You aren't going out and colliding particles yourselves so at some point we have to trust the scientists, and the ones that I trust say global warming is happening, and if they are wrong they will admit it and update their predictions, as scientists do when new evidence comes to light.

Top Bottom